Expired Hot Deals

KANTO Speaker Stands, mounts, and some speakers on Sale

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26563 posts
6856 upvotes
Good post, upvoted. However Kanto is located in Coquitlam, BC it looks like, doesn't really help that OP is located there (in BC at least) too :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9483 posts
5176 upvotes
Never understand why most speaker stands are not height-adjustable...
Dec 20, 2006
983 posts
171 upvotes
GTA
chatbox wrote: Never understand why most speaker stands are not height-adjustable...
Game changer right there.

I have the S2 with my AV42s. They are kind of too small for 3-4 inch speakers. Since I switched to a standing desk. They now point at my chest. Maybe for A2s or Yu2s. But not for A5s or similar size. They work with larger speakers but will eventually bend from my experience. Though you can just rebend them up.

Want those SP6 or SP9s. but at $60/$80. Will consider crafting something myself. That's as much as I paid for the Edifier P12. =)
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 | Intel i7-4770K | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax| 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080 | BenQ XL2411Z | LG GL83A-B|
Mar 24, 2007
839 posts
304 upvotes
really nice looking stands... I might get a pair for my A5+'s as well.. I'm considering SP9 more than SP6... it's cheaper, and I think it looks better with 48 inch CX when i get it... lol

edit: for some reason, newegg is not charging PST for Quebec, only GST... so it's a better option to save some taxes for Quebec purchasers. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3160 posts
1662 upvotes
Calgary
Don't know about the YU2's but I got a pair of the YU6s' a coupla years back @$319 (I think) & while they aren't "audiophile", they sound a strong mid-fi when streamed from Tidal via optical thru chromecast. Paired with a single 20yr old Sunfire Sig True Subwoofer, they get to wall shaking db's. The multiple inputs/sources makes hookup super easy as well.

For the $$$, I'm very pleased with the YU6's. I would assume the rest of the Kanto lineup is similar quality as well. For those that care, though Canadian, they're made in China.
Mar 30, 2013
310 posts
107 upvotes
Petawawa
These or the edifier 1850?
And, how does one secure a staples coupon... Might pull the trigger for my work office if I can get a coupon. The RFD mentality is strong.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4663 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: Never understand why most speaker stands are not height-adjustable...
realistically, you'll never have to change the height after setting it once.

I did have some height adjustable speaker stands that had a tube that slid up and down. And you had to screw to tighten the two parts together. It looked ugly because there were visible holes for the adjusting screw and seam between the two adjustable tubes and the thing was a bit more wobbly than I would have liked. It cost more too than a non-adjustable version. So in the end it wasn't worth the extra money or complexity since I only set it once.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2077 posts
1990 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrpricematch wrote: These or the edifier 1850?
And, how does one secure a staples coupon... Might pull the trigger for my work office if I can get a coupon. The RFD mentality is strong.
The Kanto's have a usb dac built in vs the 1850 have BT built in, so if either are those are dealer breakers that helps. The Edifier's are physically much larger (6.1" W x 8.8" D x 10" H vs Kanto's 3.9″ W x 5.3″ D x 5.9″ H), depends how much desk space you have might be another deal breaker haha. I'm sure either with a little sub would be a really nice pair of desk speakers.

I just recently ordered 1850's because WFH at my desk I'm getting tired of wearing headphones all day, but I really like the white of the Kanto's look... ~$70 extra on a budget pair of speakers (plus $20 for the stands since the Kanto's aren't angled) is a substantial difference. The Edifier's were $170 taxes in, these (with the stands) would be $237.28 (including $10 staples coupon).

@warpdrive excluding the DAC/BT difference, thoughts on which is better for desk use?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2608 posts
1605 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a set of the small black angled $19 desktop stands for my Edifier speakers.

The angle up will be a nice improvement when I'm using my Varidesk in standing mode. The speakers remain on the main desk surface, not raised to standing height.

Nice job OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2608 posts
1605 upvotes
Toronto
BTW the adjustable phone and tablet stands they also have would be great for all the Zoom meetings etc. people are doing. I don't need them myself, but check out all the other Kanto items BB has available.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4663 upvotes
Ottawa
Ecsta wrote: @warpdrive excluding the DAC/BT difference, thoughts on which is better for desk use?
I haven't heard the 1850, but I would try to go for those just because it has more tone adjustments and it's generally a bigger more capable speaker based on the specs alone. The little Kantos are great for a minimalistic setup with a built-in DAC and small footprint, good for a setup for a laptop, but soundwise they boosted the upper bass in an effort to sound like bigger speakers.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.