Expired Hot Deals

KANTO Speaker Stands, mounts, and some speakers on Sale

Dec 19, 2009
779 posts
308 upvotes
Ottawa
torontotim wrote: BTW the adjustable phone and tablet stands they also have would be great for all the Zoom meetings etc. people are doing. I don't need them myself, but check out all the other Kanto items BB has available.
Good call. I ended up ordering from Staples (no minimum free shipping) at the same price: https://www.staples.ca/products/2797043 ... lack-ds200

At $30 it’s still probably overpriced for what it is but I’m sick of contorting my iPad and phone to do FaceTime and zoom calls.
Aug 30, 2010
52 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations for desk clamp-able speaker stands?
Oct 7, 2015
479 posts
422 upvotes
Vanier, ON
SP6HD or McCafe 1.36kg ground coffee container ?
Jul 29, 2010
338 posts
712 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP got some 26" stands for my JBL monitors. The seem to be hollow inside, does anyone know if I'll need to fill them up with sand to cut down on unwanted noise?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13867 posts
5047 upvotes
Ottawa
dazurn wrote: Thanks OP got some 26" stands for my JBL monitors. The seem to be hollow inside, does anyone know if I'll need to fill them up with sand to cut down on unwanted noise?
It can't hurt, and I've done it in the past, but I can't say it made any difference despite some audiophiles saying it makes a huge improvement.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
May 11, 2009
347 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver
Noob questions - are speakers typically secured to stands in any way? I'm considering the SP9's if that matters.

Can these be used with any speakers? I have some totem rainmakers I'd like to put on these stands. (Bought off craigs and don't know much about audio)
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13867 posts
5047 upvotes
Ottawa
headhunt3r wrote: Noob question - are speakers typically secured to stands in any way? I'm considering the SP9's if that matters.
I've never secured my speakers. But the Kanto ones do have a hole if you have a screw mount on the bottom.
Some people use stuff like Blu Tak if it's possible that somebody might brush against the speaker.

Totems would be fine.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2122 posts
343 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I have Kanto Yu6's on my desktop and I currently have foam wedges to angle my speakers.. been thinking about speaker stands and may pick these up. Thanks for posting OP, great job!
Aug 24, 2005
777 posts
375 upvotes
Etobicoke
Props to OP for doing so much work to put this together.
Nov 22, 2018
28 posts
8 upvotes
THX OP! Picked up 6 inch stands for my Edifier 1850db
[OP]
Apr 18, 2008
524 posts
952 upvotes
BC
x8ssJoe wrote: SP6HD or McCafe 1.36kg ground coffee container ?
I ran out of speaker stands.

Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1220 posts
488 upvotes
Vaughan
Picked up the K2 in black and they look great. Thanks OP! Didn't realize they were a Canadian company until someone in the thread pointed it out. Now I like these stands even better!

Mic
# D4HK
# FreeSpavor&KovrigNow
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2572 posts
645 upvotes
goovangle wrote: Just noticed SYD is down to $169.99 (historic low is $199.99 at The Brick & Memory Express I believe)

Only a few stores have it, but smoking hot deal if someone is close to these locations (SYD is basically a YU4 in different form factor)
- https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX78105
- https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX78108
Got this when it was $199 and it is pretty great. Very happy with the sound.