Expired Hot Deals

KANTO Speaker Stands, mounts, and some speakers on Sale

Deal Addict
User avatar
May 11, 2009
4981 posts
1692 upvotes
Debtario
I don't own their speaker stands, but just a shout out to them for quality TV stands!

Got a MTM65PL stand for my 55" Samsung 4K TV last spring and I'm impressed by how solid and well made it is. Looks a bit industrial, but I didn't want one of those wide coffe table type stands taking up space, plus I can wheel around the TV to different places in the room as needed. https://www.costco.ca/kanto-mtm65pl-mob ... 57215.html
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2019
141 posts
205 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: SP6HD or McCafe 1.36kg ground coffee container ?

Yoga blocks all the way. Looks clean and foam helps absorb vibrations.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2005
1685 posts
720 upvotes
Scarborough
is the shorter stands recent? was looking for shorter stands years ago and couldn't find anything i liked.. ended up getting Isoacoustics..

i do have the SP26 and like them alot..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9485 posts
5176 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: realistically, you'll never have to change the height after setting it once.

I did have some height adjustable speaker stands that had a tube that slid up and down. And you had to screw to tighten the two parts together. It looked ugly because there were visible holes for the adjusting screw and seam between the two adjustable tubes and the thing was a bit more wobbly than I would have liked. It cost more too than a non-adjustable version. So in the end it wasn't worth the extra money or complexity since I only set it once.
Not really true.

That's just a poor design. (Think, extendable luggage handles...yes, they have holes, but that's merely an orientation issue. If the holes are at the back, problem solved.)

I have use for adjustable stands because I tend to move / change speakers every 2-3 years. Stands are so low tech that once you have them, you can just keep them for 20+ years...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4666 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: Not really true.

That's just a poor design.

I have use for adjustable stands because I tend to move / change speakers every 2-3 years. Stands are so low tech that once you have them, you can just keep them for 20+ years...
I disagree. Normal people don't change speakers every few years. And even if you move, there is no reason to change the height of speakers.

My set of stands is 28" and I have the same set of B&W on them that I had 12 years ago. I doubt I will ever change those B&W out unless I can't get parts to replace them with.

Look at any high end "audiophile" aftermarket stand....the ones that they charge hundreds of dollars for. Surely some of them would be adjustable if there was a demand for it. They are not adjustable because few people care or need them to be adjustable
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9485 posts
5176 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I disagree. Normal people don't change speakers every few years. And even if you move, there is no reason to change the height of speakers.

My set of stands is 28" and I have the same set of B&W on them that I had 12 years ago. I doubt I will ever change those B&W out unless I can't get parts to replace them with.

Look at any high end "audiophile" aftermarket stand....the ones that they charge hundreds of dollars for. Surely some of them would be adjustable if there was a demand for it. They are not adjustable because few people care or need them to be adjustable
You don't have to agree with my needs / wants.

(Different speakers have different sizes. I like them to at least 'look' in place with other things in the room, whether the sound is affected or not is another matter)

Think monitor stands, head rests...etc.

Just because something is rare / doesn't exist in the market, doesn't mean there's no market for it in the eternity of time.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=height+a ... s&tbm=isch

(Who thought there's a market for 300Hz displays)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4666 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: You don't have to agree with my needs / wants.

(Different speakers have different sizes)
I was mainly commenting on your statement "it's a poor design". It's not, it's intentionally left out.

There are adjustable higher quality stands out there, but it's rare. Usually you see this thing more on pro brands that make stands for studio monitors as it's more likely you'll swap out equipment.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9485 posts
5176 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I was mainly commenting on your statement "it's a poor design". It's not, it's intentionally left out.

There are adjustable higher quality stands out there, but it's rare. Usually you see this thing more on pro brands that make stands for studio monitors as it's more likely you'll swap out equipment.
These look nice.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... wenge.html


You mentioned "And even if you move, there is no reason to change the height of speakers." in the same paragraph, so I assumed you were disagreeing on the "reason".
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4666 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: You mentioned "And even if you move, there is no reason to change the height of speakers." in the same paragraph, so I assumed you were disagreeing on the "reason".
For my own desktop, I do have a set of Isoacoustics which does have an option for a high and low setting, and angle adjustment. I do appreciate that I have an option for that if I do swap speakers.

For my floor stands, it was unnecessary and not desirable. I much preferred the fixed height stands because they look better without extra knobs and screws to adjust that I will never use.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9485 posts
5176 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: For my own desktop, I do have a set of Isoacoustics which does have an option for a high and low setting, and angle adjustment. I do appreciate that I have an option for that if I do swap speakers.

For my floor stands, it was unnecessary and not desirable. I much preferred the fixed height stands because they look better without extra knobs and screws to adjust that I will never use.
Then that's it. What's that about then? "realistically, you'll never have to change the height after setting it once."
Last edited by chatbox on May 9th, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2005
634 posts
163 upvotes
Hey I have a pair of these. Want them off the ground in case my basement ever floods. Don’t need them to high, just off the ground, any recommendations?
79D58D2E-8C37-4B57-B0FC-97C8A368356A.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9485 posts
5176 upvotes
tpirovol wrote: Hey I have a pair of these. Want them off the ground in case my basement ever floods. Don’t need them to high, just off the ground, any recommendations?

79D58D2E-8C37-4B57-B0FC-97C8A368356A.jpeg
Do you care about the looks?

Hardware store: Granite tile samples.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4666 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote: Then that's it. What's that about then? "realistically, you'll never have to change the height after setting it once."
I think we got our wires crossed. I was talking specifically about floor stands (since they were on sale too). I even gave an example of my 28" floor stand and Ultimate Supports adjustable studio monitor floor stands. I guess you were always speaking about desktop stands?

Even then, for most people with desks that are fixed don't really need height adjustability. they just need something to prop the speaker off the table and get the speaker a bit closer to ear height, so you can pick one suitable size. I've swapped from Martin Logan, to Dynaudios to Paradigm desk speakers and didn't feel the need to change speaker height for my desktop. If you do change speakers that much and keep needing to fine tune the height, then by all means get adjustable ones. With sit/stand adjustable height desks, it makes total sense too.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9485 posts
5176 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I think we got our wires crossed. I was talking specifically about floor stands (since they were on sale too). I even gave an example of my 28" floor stand and Ultimate Supports adjustable studio monitor floor stands. I guess you were always speaking about desktop stands?

Even then, for most people with desks that are fixed don't really need height adjustability. they just need something to prop the speaker off the table and get the speaker a bit closer to ear height, so you can pick one suitable size. I've swapped from Martin Logan, to Dynaudios to Paradigm desk speakers and didn't feel the need to change speaker height for my desktop. If you do change speakers that much and keep needing to fine tune the height, then by all means get adjustable ones. With sit/stand adjustable height desks, it makes total sense too.
Seems that way.

Top