Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Kaspersky Internet Security - $24.99 w/ PM

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2009 11:22 am
Sep 28, 2007
319 posts
64 upvotes

[Staples] Kaspersky Internet Security - $24.99 w/ PM

Best buy has KIS for $29.99, this week.

you can PM at staples for $24.99.

there have been better deals on this before (ie. $19.99 during boxing day), but still not bad as you get licenses for 3 computers.

[IMG]http://www.staples.ca/ENG/images/produc ... _1_enl.jpg[/IMG]
14 replies
Jul 4, 2008
460 posts
13 upvotes
Hamilton
Not too bad, although it may be worth waiting as Kaspersky 2010 has been released recently. It think you would be able to buy 2009 for the serial numbers and just upgrade to 2010 as this was the case with past versions.

I just wonder if the price of 2009 will fall/go to clearance in the next couple of weeks
Feb 1, 2006
564 posts
112 upvotes
Gnome187 wrote: there have been better deals on this before (ie. $19.99 during boxing day), but still not bad as you get licenses for 3 computers.
sorry for being ignorant (or slightly off-topic) but does Kaspersky come with an annual licence like McAfee, or runs with free updates for a lifetime like Avast.

I am currently running Avast, but though of Kaspersky when I used their online virus scan. I was impressed by how Kaspersky was able to detect a nasty virus while Avast caught it on the web once, but never on my system.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
The license is only good for a year.. you can however use an older license and upgrade to a newer version later for free.
Feb 1, 2006
564 posts
112 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: The license is only good for a year.. you can however use an older license and upgrade to a newer version later for free.
Thanks for the info. On their website, they offer the upgrade to 2010 Free in August when you buy 2009. But I don't know if it only applies to buying the software through them.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2322 posts
1546 upvotes
anelectricmind wrote: Thanks for the info. On their website, they offer the upgrade to 2010 Free in August when you buy 2009. But I don't know if it only applies to buying the software through them.
You should be able to get the free upgrade no matter where you buy from. I've bought copies from FS/BB and have successfully upgraded before.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Sep 28, 2007
319 posts
64 upvotes
anelectricmind wrote: Thanks for the info. On their website, they offer the upgrade to 2010 Free in August when you buy 2009. But I don't know if it only applies to buying the software through them.
as far as i know, you can download and install any version of kaspersky with the license key that you obtain either from their website or through a retail copy.

the only thing that you can't do is to use a kaspersky internet security key for kaspersky anti-virus and vice versa.
Jul 1, 2008
282 posts
52 upvotes
Why anyone would pay for anti-virus, firewall or anti-spam, I'll never know. There are so many free types of these programs available for you that are just as good, and in a lot of cases better than paid-for types.
But if it makes you feel better, or safer, by all means!

I'm just saying for a "Hot Deals" forum, paying for anti-virus is stone cold...
:|
Feb 1, 2006
564 posts
112 upvotes
Advil_Yum wrote: I'm just saying for a "Hot Deals" forum, paying for anti-virus is stone cold...
:|
... well if paying for an antivirus prevents you from the girlfriend's cold shoulder and 3 days of argumenting because you nearly destroyed her pc and if paying for an antivirus prevents you from 5 days of checking all your systems on your network (3 systems were infected by something Avast failed to protect me from, despite being detected initially), rebuilding systems, etc... then yes, it might be worth it.

(OK, blame it on me for using the girlfriend's computer - i had sold mine and was waiting for my new system, and the backups were useless... on the brighter side, she got a new fresh reinstall of her OS which was about 3 years old)

:)
Apr 6, 2006
54 posts
check ebay
i have bought a few serials of kaspersky off there for 3 and 5 pcs for 1 and 3 years
still cheaper than the 24.99 your paying

they sell it from countries where price has to be cheap or else ppl would just pirate so its legit and works
and then you just download the file from kaspersky
Banned
Jul 13, 2009
82 posts
I bought this, for this price, at Best Buy three months ago. I recently downloaded the free upgrade from the Kaspersky site to 2010 and it works just fine with this 2009 license...
Dec 22, 2002
438 posts
26 upvotes
gball wrote: I bought this, for this price, at Best Buy three months ago. I recently downloaded the free upgrade from the Kaspersky site to 2010 and it works just fine with this 2009 license...
I'll second gball. I downloaded 2010 and upgraded my 2009 KIS without problems.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
anelectricmind wrote: ... well if paying for an antivirus prevents you from the girlfriend's cold shoulder and 3 days of argumenting because you nearly destroyed her pc and if paying for an antivirus prevents you from 5 days of checking all your systems on your network (3 systems were infected by something Avast failed to protect me from, despite being detected initially), rebuilding systems, etc... then yes, it might be worth it.

(OK, blame it on me for using the girlfriend's computer - i had sold mine and was waiting for my new system, and the backups were useless... on the brighter side, she got a new fresh reinstall of her OS which was about 3 years old)

:)
Serves you right for surfing pRon on the gf's computer :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Feb 1, 2006
564 posts
112 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: Serves you right for surfing pRon on the gf's computer :P
... actually I was looking for a decent HDD recovery software for her sister's laptop hard drive....

served me well. never mix IT Support and relatives...