Expired Hot Deals

[Katsuya] Katsuya- 30% off all take out menu items + complementary surgical masks in every order (YMMV store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 8:16 am
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1063 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto
beatdownvictim wrote: Ordered from the Coquitlam store.
They charge extra for rice, salad and soup

Rice $1.50
Salad $1.00
Soup $1.00

Sorta shitty that they're charging extra for this now.
Might be BC only?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9445 posts
901 upvotes
Got this a few days ago, very nicely packaged to ensure the experience is as close to eating in the restaurant as possible.

Got an extra side of rice and cabbage since its usually what I do. I hope people don't abuse it otherwise I'd hate to see a charge being put on these.
Jul 26, 2018
877 posts
1040 upvotes
Canada, eh?
w00t wrote: Might be BC only?
@ the Sauga location, got charged for extra rice and miso too.
Dec 24, 2007
357 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
beatdownvictim wrote: Ordered from the Coquitlam store.
They charge extra for rice, salad and soup

Rice $1.50
Salad $1.00
Soup $1.00

Sorta shitty that they're charging extra for this now.
Not shitty at all. These are "extras" and people should expect an additional charge, whether or not they were given it for free before.
Oct 24, 2007
840 posts
90 upvotes
BC
w00t wrote: Might be BC only?
The "free" extras are a hit and miss. Dining in is always free, take out sometimes if you call it in, on app always charged.
Apr 14, 2019
593 posts
514 upvotes
Liko wrote: Not shitty at all. These are "extras" and people should expect an additional charge, whether or not they were given it for free before.
What kind of logic is this? If I said cooking is an extra, you should expect to pay extra for having your takeout cooked, whether they cooked it for free before?!
Who do you think you are? Tryna tell me how to live my life. Especially when you live yours like a.......
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2134 posts
301 upvotes
Thornhill
rcnrcnrcn wrote: What kind of logic is this? If I said cooking is an extra, you should expect to pay extra for having your takeout cooked, whether they cooked it for free before?!
Thats a terrible anology.

The standard for takeout is the set given. If you request more, i dont think it's unreasonable that they charge you for it, even if dine in allows for free refills. same concept for no doggy bags for dine in promos you see in pubs and whatnot.
Dec 24, 2007
357 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
rcnrcnrcn wrote: What kind of logic is this? If I said cooking is an extra, you should expect to pay extra for having your takeout cooked, whether they cooked it for free before?!
If you've ever been to McDonald's and you wanted more fries or a larger drink, you pay for the upsize. Refills were free when dining in at McDonald's. Since you can't dine in, would you expect them to give you another drink free of charge in lieu of refills?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1149 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Liko wrote: If you've ever been to McDonald's and you wanted more fries or a larger drink, you pay for the upsize. Refills were free when dining in at McDonald's. Since you can't dine in, would you expect them to give you another drink free of charge in lieu of refills?
+1 on this logic

It's like a senior asking McDonald's to give them 50 coffees while going through the drive through in lieu of getting refills while dining in. I wouldn't expect a restaurant that's already giving 30% off a hard time because they are charging a buck or buck and a half for rice and soup. Profit margins notwithstanding 30 is still a lot off their bottom line.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1149 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
w00t wrote: So you label Katsuya as dishonest when you didn't do your own research on how much the BC location is giving. :facepalm:

Really some people here
Wrong John.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1689 posts
1735 upvotes
Toronto
yummy!
Punky Hunky wrote: I got charged in Scarborough too
i got extra miso and rice, didn't get charged. scarbs too. but i did ask the girl on the phone beforehand.
Images
  • IMG_20200419_213844.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5978 posts
2689 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Punky Hunky wrote:
I got charged in Scarborough too
meepsheep wrote: yummy!

i got extra miso and rice, didn't get charged. scarbs too. but i did ask the girl on the phone beforehand.
I asked for extra rice on the phone and confirmed the total. No extra charge.
If they say they will charge extra for the rice. I will just cancel the whole order.
Rice refill is free before. If they decided to charge you extra for rice now, they will have to tell you when you make the order. They cant charge you without telling you there is extra charge for the rice.
You can always cook more rice at home since you are taking out anyway.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1689 posts
1735 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I asked for extra rice on the phone and confirmed the total. No extra charge.
If they say they will charge extra for the rice. I will just cancel the whole order.
Rice refill is free before. If they decided to charge you extra for rice now, they will have to tell you when you make the order. They cant charge you without telling you there is extra charge for the rice.
You can always cook more rice at home since you are taking out anyway.
When did you order? I ordered around 8, it could be different employees.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4933 posts
2054 upvotes
Doesn't take a genius to understand why a restaurant would give you free extra anything.

It's not out of the goodness in their heart.

It's because they think it will lead to tips and of course repeat customers. But for the restaurant employees, it's mostly tips.