Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1662 upvotes

Keep Rite Seer 13 and Seer 16 for A/C?

Just wondering if there's a big difference between the two? What is the typical price for a Keep Rite 3 ton A/C for seer 13/16?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1024 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote: Just wondering if there's a big difference between the two? What is the typical price for a Keep Rite 3 ton A/C for seer 13/16?
I work in the trades and many HVAC colleagues tell me to stay away from keeprite. Their reviews are generally awful
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6895 posts
870 upvotes
Toronto
hitman_24 wrote: I work in the trades and many HVAC colleagues tell me to stay away from keeprite. Their reviews are generally awful
Being a tradesperson, what would you want installed for your AC and furnace? My furnace and AC is ~18 years old and I plan on replacing both soon.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1464 upvotes
Brampton
The two loudest AC's on our street are all Keeprite :facepalm: Stay away from them IMO! Check decibel ratings before you buy your AC!
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Jun 9, 2011
1509 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
my father in law had a new keeprite in his previous home....and it needs to be service very often...
now that he moved into a new home, bought a new American Standard, and will never look at keeprite again, even though they are very cheap
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16811 posts
5351 upvotes
London
In the old days when keeprite was built in Canada, they had the reputation for the quietest ac units with really good reliability.

Times have really changed
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36250 posts
10436 upvotes
Ottawa
aquariaguy wrote: Just wondering if there's a big difference between the two? What is the typical price for a Keep Rite 3 ton A/C for seer 13/16?
The difference between a 13 and 16 SEER on most A/C units (Keepright included) is really just the size of the evaporator coil they put in the furnace. It is brand neutral...a bigger coil, higher SEER.

No comment on Keepright versus other brands but it it seems to be a continuous debate on these forums....my brand is better than your brand.

I hope I answered your question as no one else did, they only commented to rag on Keepright.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1130 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
Approximately 25 years ago Keeprite was one of the higher name brands, but today I wouldn't want one in at my home even if the price is right. I personally like American Standard, but own a Lennox.
Jun 1, 2010
807 posts
230 upvotes
yellowmp5 wrote: my father in law had a new keeprite in his previous home....and it needs to be service very often...
now that he moved into a new home, bought a new American Standard, and will never look at keeprite again, even though they are very cheap
The installation is key here. The most reliable brand of AC could have service issues if not installed correctly. We have been very pleased with the performance and reliability of the American Standard/Trane. We have installed lots with zero complaints.
See our 2021 RFD Trane AC Group Buy
group-buy-gta-ottawa-2021-central-ac-gr ... e-2449494/
Feb 16, 2015
41 posts
6 upvotes
Markham, ON
I have personally installed Rheem, Lennox, Carrier, Trane, Amana, Goodman, Keeprite A/Cs. I've found the Lennox and the Trane have been the least serviced and quietest units. I would avoid Keeprite & Rheem, though I've heard about new Rheem units coming out that are said to be amazing. Guess we will see.