• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2020 12:05 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7438 posts
3537 upvotes

Keeping US$ funds intact when moving in and out of Tangerine US$ account

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to move US$ funds between TD and Tangerine while keeping the funds in US$ currency the whole time?

1. Can I deposit funds in US$ via US$ TD chequing account INTO Tangerine via mobile deposit?
2. When it comes to moving the US$ funds OUT of Tangerine, how can I do this? Can a transfer be done back to the TD US$ account that keeps the funds in US$?

Any advice on how to do this and/or pitfalls to avoid would be most appreciated. Thanks.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6509 posts
1452 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote: Does anyone have any suggestions for how to move US$ funds between TD and Tangerine while keeping the funds in US$ currency the whole time?

1. Can I deposit funds in US$ via US$ TD chequing account INTO Tangerine via mobile deposit?
2. When it comes to moving the US$ funds OUT of Tangerine, how can I do this? Can a transfer be done back to the TD US$ account that keeps the funds in US$?

Any advice on how to do this and/or pitfalls to avoid would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Link your TD usd$ account to your tangerine usd$ via Tangerine external link, then pull or push via Tangerine,
Jan 12, 2011
49 posts
14 upvotes
1. Link your TD US$ chequing account with Tangerine just like how you would any CAD$ chequing account. Institution number, Transit number and Account number needed. Tangerine will make two small US$ into your TD US$ chequing account. Just make sure to have $1,500 usd in your TD US$ cheuqing account to avoid fees.
2. transferring US$ funds out of Tangerine is the same as link transferring it in