Home & Garden

Keepright Furnace

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 12:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 16, 2017
64 posts
25 upvotes

Keepright Furnace

Hi,
Im looking at getting a new furnace to replace my 20 year old unit.
I was suggested a Keepright dual stage 60k btu furnace.

Does anyone recommend Keepright? are they reliable? They have a 10 year warranty and lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.

Are there any furnace rebates that I can get?

Thank you.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6599 posts
6075 upvotes
From my research - the brand name isn't that important as they're all fairly similar in nature - it is the installation that matters. FWIW, I have Keepright AC that's approximately 8-9 years - knock on wood no issues to date.
Sr. Member
Jun 23, 2019
539 posts
394 upvotes
The thing with Keeprite is anyone can buy it, just like Goodman. So sometimes you get people who aren't great at installing it then you get issues and blame the brand. The most important thing is finding a good installer that takes the time to install the unit correctly. You can send a PM to Ash @newlyborn for a quote on a furnace, his crew does excellent work and he sells various brands/models that can suit your needs.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 16, 2017
64 posts
25 upvotes
hierophant wrote: From my research - the brand name isn't that important as they're all fairly similar in nature - it is the installation that matters. FWIW, I have Keepright AC that's approximately 8-9 years - knock on wood no issues to date.
Which model of the keeprite do you have? can you control the fan speed with the thermostat?
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 16, 2017
64 posts
25 upvotes
vrscdx wrote: The thing with Keeprite is anyone can buy it, just like Goodman. So sometimes you get people who aren't great at installing it then you get issues and blame the brand. The most important thing is finding a good installer that takes the time to install the unit correctly. You can send a PM to Ash @newlyborn for a quote on a furnace, his crew does excellent work and he sells various brands/models that can suit your needs.
Thank you. I messaged Ash.

When you say its important to find a good installer, how do I know if the installer is good? what are the signs of a well installed furnace vs a poorly installed one?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6599 posts
6075 upvotes
kkil4life wrote: Which model of the keeprite do you have? can you control the fan speed with the thermostat?
I don't know the model # offhand but like I said it's at least 8 years old and no I can't control the fan speed with the thermostat (didn't even know such a thing exists - it's usually on, auto or circ) ...if such a function exists I would imagine that's a feature of the thermostat not the AC unit, no? I can't control fan speed for the furnace either.
Sr. Member
Jun 23, 2019
539 posts
394 upvotes
kkil4life wrote: Thank you. I messaged Ash.

When you say its important to find a good installer, how do I know if the installer is good? what are the signs of a well installed furnace vs a poorly installed one?
Usually reviews from real people and word of mouth, because sometimes Google reviews aren't real. A lot of members on this forum have used Ash and can vouch for his quality. I had his team install a new hot water tank and furnace at my mothers house and they did a great job. They don't rush the install, and they pay attention to all the small details so you end up with a clean install that shows pride of work. Ash's prices are very fair... you wont get ripped off and they don't try and upsell you things that aren't necessary. You can be assured that the equipment will be installed correctly so it lasts a long time, and Ash will register the unit for you so you get the lifetime warranty on the equipment.

Furnaces need to be slopped so the heat exchanger can drain, if not it will prematurely rust out and need to be replaced. Same with the venting, it needs to slope towards the furnace to allow for proper draining, these are some small details that if not followed can lead to the equipment not lasting. Also choosing the correct size (BTU) unit for the house, a lot of companies and builders choose oversized equipment that can lead to short cycling and comfort issues.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
13108 posts
4709 upvotes
Ontario
Many positive reviews for @newlyborn here if you want to look for yourself - new-furnace-ac-time-2322131/26/
Also on Homestars and google reviews. When you have multiple different people suggesting him over and over then you likely found one of the few good guys.
kkil4life wrote: Thank you. I messaged Ash.

When you say its important to find a good installer, how do I know if the installer is good? what are the signs of a well installed furnace vs a poorly installed one?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1138 posts
329 upvotes
kkil4life wrote: Hi,
Im looking at getting a new furnace to replace my 20 year old unit.
I was suggested a Keepright dual stage 60k btu furnace.

Does anyone recommend Keepright? are they reliable? They have a 10 year warranty and lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.

Are there any furnace rebates that I can get?

Thank you.
15 years ago Keeprite was a reputable furnace to install. Please do your research when selecting a contractor. Some contractors work work from home with no fixed address. Please do you research. Also check the labour warranty and ensure the contractor is a authorized dealer for the products that are installed. All furnaces have 10 year parts warranty. Please do your research when selecting furnaces and more importantly contractors.
See our 2022 RFD Trane AC Group Buy
group-buy-gta-ottawa-2022-central-ac-gr ... t-2530534/
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2020
1048 posts
668 upvotes
GTA
Keeprite units are just carrier clones - okay if you get the G96CTN (same as carrier infinity with slightly different control board), not VTN. (different blower with repair costs of true variable speed with none of the benefits and smaller sizes have weak blower in heating mode. i've explained in more detail in older posts)

Have to really watch out for quality of contractor because it is over the counter, no requirement to be a dealer.
Hvac advice warning - inaccurate information on forum, vested interests in selling builder's equipment. Selling dealer-only brands without being authorized is a red flag. Report to CRA if offered no tax cash-deal. If it's 2 good to b tru, it is.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3791 posts
2331 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thank you for the message. Please check your PM for reply.
kkil4life wrote: Thank you. I messaged Ash.

When you say its important to find a good installer, how do I know if the installer is good? what are the signs of a well installed furnace vs a poorly installed one?
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy

Top