Expired Hot Deals

keepsolid Black Friday

KeepSolid VPN Lifetime with 5 Devices/USD13.8 (Total $41.40)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 8:41 am
[OP]
Jun 2, 2020
251 posts
1772 upvotes

[Black Friday] KeepSolid VPN Lifetime with 5 Devices/USD13.8 (Total $41.40)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
keepsolid
If you have more than 5 devices or you share them with your friends and family or group buy (maybe).

This seems like a better deal than their individual package of USD 19.99

KeepSolid VPN Lifetime with 5 Devices: 3 Accounts Bundle on sale for USD 41.40 after BFSAVE40 coupon discount, bringing the individual package to USD 13.8
Last edited by patchthedeal on Nov 28th, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2796 posts
465 upvotes
Montreal
Been using KeepSolid casually since the July sale.
Can't attest to how good it is at keeping Big Brother off your back, but it's good enough for Netflix US @ 1080p and the occasional website spoofing.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Mar 10, 2010
244 posts
508 upvotes
Calgary
Xon wrote: Been using KeepSolid casually since the July sale.
Can't attest to how good it is at keeping Big Brother off your back, but it's good enough for Netflix US @ 1080p and the occasional website spoofing.
Thanks for that link to July sale. I only need 1 account, not 3 so I'll wait until ~$15 or less for 1.
Jul 13, 2016
225 posts
449 upvotes
They don't even show up on TorrentFreak's list of 27 providers:

https://torrentfreak.com/best-vpn-anonymous-no-logging/

PCMag reviewed them "Average" https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited

Considering this is a lifetime price, it's probably worth the gamble. But similar billed-monthly companies with straightforward privacy policies are <$3/month so the payback period is more than a year.
Last edited by soupmaster666 on Nov 26th, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2796 posts
465 upvotes
Montreal
soupmaster666 wrote: They don't even show up on TorrentFreak's list of 27 providers:

https://torrentfreak.com/best-vpn-anonymous-no-logging/

PCMag reviewed them "Average" https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited

That plus the lengthy payback period compared to other providers - I'd have to argue this may not be a hot deal.
For only $13 for life, I fully expect them to sing to the feds if they're pushed.
Mostly depends on your use case. I wouldn't use this for torrents.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
May 1, 2008
280 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
Do they offer shadow socks as one of there protocols?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1193 posts
904 upvotes
Xon wrote: For only $13 for life, I fully expect them to sing to the feds if they're pushed.
Mostly depends on your use case. I wouldn't use this for torrents.
I got this back in July as well, but why would price have any correlation to privacy? Isn't it cheaper to just not log anything? I have another 1 year left on my PIA, so would like to know if I need to pay for another one or use this.
Nov 11, 2003
303 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
brung wrote: Thanks for that link to July sale. I only need 1 account, not 3 so I'll wait until ~$15 or less for 1.
Same here, seems we need one more person to make a group buy.

Anyone?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2634 posts
1881 upvotes
they've been around for 7 years. Ya, not for torrenting but geolock bypassing this is fine.
Mar 5, 2004
95 posts
48 upvotes
Hmm. There’s also a 5 device / 5 account package for $47.40 after BF Code. That’s like $12 or $13CDN each if somebody wanted to had a family of 5…
Jan 4, 2014
103 posts
75 upvotes
Newmarket
I’m using them for about 3 years with lifetime subscription. Using for torrenting within container, and occasionally watching geo locked content. Recently wasn’t able to connect from iPhone to specific country. Pressed the support button in app, and was very surprised getting an answer in like 5 mins.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
24327 posts
20398 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
soupmaster666 wrote: They don't even show up on TorrentFreak's list of 27 providers:...

Considering this is a lifetime price, it's probably worth the gamble.
Depends on whose lifetime: Ours -- or theirs.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6654 posts
1786 upvotes
Richmond Hill
smartfish wrote: Same here, seems we need one more person to make a group buy.

Anyone?
i suggested a group buy last time but was quickly shot down for being a "true RFDer"
Oct 16, 2010
371 posts
864 upvotes
KeepSolid is based out of the US, restricts torrrents and keeps some logs. If found doing spamming or any illegal activities they will ban you. They also share your information with US authorities. This is the shitty VPN they are trying to pawn off on their PureVPN lifetime con. It's also thrown in for free in a bunch of bundles. 100% avoid.

From StackSocial the best lifetime VPN is BulletVPN based in Estonia outside of 5/9/14 eyes. It's good for geo unblocking and okay for torrents (supports p2p on all servers and works with Bittorrent). Also supports wireguard. Doesn't mean it's a great VPN compared to the big players but for an inexpensive lifetime VPN there's decent value.