Expired Hot Deals

[KeepSolid] VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription for US$15

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 4:46 pm
Jan 30, 2007
399 posts
95 upvotes
pmcd wrote: That doesn’t sound bad. VPNs usually result in a big slowdown. Of course it depends on what you are doing, the protocol, encryption level, where the client software is running, etc...
On VPN connection, i get speeds of 490 MBPS but only get around 50 MBPS when i connect to the Ontario Server. Surprisely, my torrent speeds remain unchange when I'm actually downloading (4MBPS)
Nov 7, 2003
962 posts
308 upvotes
JulianM wrote: I was getting 750kb/s with purevpn earlier, and now seeing 180 mb/s, and streaming on Hulu was atrocious until now.
I lose about 30% of my speed when connected using the app on my iPad to the US Virginia server.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2002 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
325i wrote: I lose about 30% of my speed when connected using the app on my iPad to the US Virginia server.
The iPad uses a protocol that allows for very little loss. On media players, using a client on them, you usually lose a lot, around 80%+. Putting the client on most routers is even worse.

It also depends what activities you use. The whole VPN speed thing seems fuzzy to me. Speeds all over the place.
Aug 21, 2016
308 posts
444 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Gtaphotog wrote: Lifetime means their lifetime not your lifetime, it also means they'll need other sources of income so you can guess how they'll achieve that and on top of that in today's day and age 5 devices isn't going to cut it for a vpn.

I'd suggest staying away from any of these "lifetime" deals as they're always only the lifetime of the company not yours and most likely will be selling your data as well to make up for lack of money coming in from actual subscription sales.
I believe you, so the way, I think of this is, if there is a well known vpn provider say pia or nord, and they are charging you $3/month, then if this lasts you 5 months you are in the green, everything else is gold. I brought a similar deal from windscribe, they did not disappoint, they've only progressed. Pretty impressed with them, at this point I feel I should start paying them anyways!
RFD Effect Is Real
Sep 5, 2007
190 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
325i wrote: It actually works really well with a FireStick 4K.

I have it setup to always be on and then I have exceptions for apps like Amazon Prime and Crave so they do not go through the VPN. I never have to touch the VPN app and all works well.

One more suggestion... use the WireGuard protocol through the app, it works WAY better than the others.
How do you add exceptions for Prime? Just realized last night that Prime won't work with the VPN on.
Nov 7, 2003
962 posts
308 upvotes
kowrek wrote: How do you add exceptions for Prime? Just realized last night that Prime won't work with the VPN on.
Open the APP... go in to settings, then App Exceptions - then select the apps that you want to bypass the VPN connection.

One more suggestion - choose the WireGuard protocol, it's way faster and lighter on the hardware.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Mar 7, 2011
373 posts
462 upvotes
If anyone wants to split the subscription cost I am down.
May 17, 2016
13 posts
7 upvotes
Great service! Used for almost a year now. Does what it says but I've installed their app on my FireTV stick and used it previously to stream Netflix from other regions using their dedicated Netflix option but in the past few months, Netflix seems to block the connection and won't let me stream. Anyone else have the same issue? Any resolution for this? Am I doing it wrong? Thx
Mar 11, 2013
571 posts
587 upvotes
Brampton
Dustler6 wrote: Anyone have this install this on their Android phone? I just bought it and I can bring up the APP but I can't connect.
It would require permission to setup a vpn profile. You might have to check that.