Off Topic

Kellogg's set to release 'All Together' cereal; proving that all together doesn't work

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 4:41 pm
[OP]
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
450 upvotes

Kellogg's set to release 'All Together' cereal; proving that all together doesn't work

Kellogg’s is releasing a special purple cereal box called all together in the spirit of anti-bullying.

The cereal will include all flavours and mascots from all of their cereals.

Given the variety of cereals that Kellogg’s has, the all together cereal will prove to consumers that mixing 30flavours into one box doesn’t work, thus stepping on their own toes in the fight against bullying.
Last edited by Doebird on Oct 18th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
20 replies
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 30, 2001
28360 posts
7355 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/us/kello ... index.html

"Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops and Frosted Mini Wheats in the same box...All Together is available for a limited time in honor of Spirit Day, an anti-bullying campaign that has millions of people wear purple to stand up against bullying. Along with the cereal campaign, Kellogg's also pledged to donate $50,000 to GLAAD in support of the group's efforts."
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 1, 2006
6792 posts
5869 upvotes
Toronto
Doebird wrote: Given the variety of cereals that Kellogg’s has, the all together cereal will prove to consumers that mixing 30flavours into one box doesn’t work, thus stepping on their own toes in the fight against bullying.
Is this something already proved by a survey or market tendencies?, or just an assumption out of thin air?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1364 upvotes
I don't get it. Is the idea that different people eat different types of cereal, so let's unite them all under one box? What's next? Coca-Cola will release a drink mixed with all of their flavours? LOOOL
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
19240 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
This sounds like the regular multi-pack that's been sold for well over 3 decades now, just with new branding.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
19240 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: Is this something already proved by a survey or market tendencies?, or just an assumption out of thin air?
Don't underestimate the ability of the conservative victim complex to apply politics to daily life. If the OP had just read the article he'd see its just the regular individual packs of cereal in one big box that you always see at big box stores. Kids are free to mix and match like they've always done.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9388 posts
3655 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: Don't underestimate the ability of the conservative victim complex to apply politics to daily life. If the OP had just read the article he'd see its just the regular individual packs of cereal in one big box that you always see at big box stores. Kids are free to mix and match like they've always done.
looks like all the cereals are mixed together in the same box.

regardless, why this would trigger anyone is beyond me.
too many snowflakes whining over nothing.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
19240 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote: looks like all the cereals are mixed together in the same box.

regardless, why this would trigger anyone is beyond me.
too many snowflakes whining over nothing.
The CNN article goes into more detail:
The cereals are packaged individually inside a purple box.
Looks like this:
Image

is just this:
Image
in a different box and that triggered some people who believe that 'proves' something doesn't work.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
450 upvotes
My post was satire.

But the fact that the cereal is in boxes inside adds to the irony because they weren’t even willing to give the whole “mixing “ a chance lol.

Fun times
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14075 posts
8490 upvotes
Toronto
Rebranding to appeal more to a new generation of everyone is all. Trudeau doesn't happen to be a member of the kelloggs board?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9388 posts
3655 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: The CNN article goes into more detail:


Looks like this:
Image

is just this:
Image
in a different box and that triggered some people who believe that 'proves' something doesn't work.
ah ok. yeah, just different packaging then.
oh, the horror. snowflakes either avert your eyes or find a safe space.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 26, 2005
16897 posts
1742 upvotes
Thornhill
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: I don't get it. Is the idea that different people eat different types of cereal, so let's unite them all under one box? What's next? Coca-Cola will release a drink mixed with all of their flavours? LOOOL
I look forward to the All-Coke challenge.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8286 posts
2882 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote: The CNN article goes into more detail:


Looks like this:
Image

is just this:
Image
in a different box and that triggered some people who believe that 'proves' something doesn't work.
What a buzz kill. I was all excited for an all together cereal pre-mixed. Would have totally bought it to try. Shit has nothing to do with politics though - OP take it easy!

The standard variety pack has more flavours.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
19240 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote: What a buzz kill. I was all excited for an all together cereal pre-mixed. Would have totally bought it to try. Shit has nothing to do with politics though - OP take it easy!
You can still mix it. I used to do it all the time with the variety packs. Mixing the flakes (corn, frosted, bran) together was good, as was the Froot Loops/Rice Krispies combo.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8286 posts
2882 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote: You can still mix it. I used to do it all the time with the variety packs. Mixing the flakes (corn, frosted, bran) together was good, as was the Froot Loops/Rice Krispies combo.
I know, but I need to find a variety pack that is so-called "bad for you" with the sugary cereal haha.

Looks like in some other countries, they have variety packs that have coco pops...and with the individual single serve boxes. Will need to investigate this more.

Top