Kellog's free $5 visa card question

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 5:08 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote

Kellog's free $5 visa card question

Hi I am new to this site and find it quite complicated to ask a question so here goes

My husband has sent off for and received Kellog's visa preloaded $5

But we don't know what to do with them, can anyone tell us where to use them we were told online but that doesn't work..

What shop take the pre loaded cards

TIA
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3338 posts
1865 upvotes
mariecc wrote: Hi I am new to this site and find it quite complicated to ask a question so here goes

But we don't know what to do with them, can anyone tell us where to use them we were told online but that doesn't work..

TIA
Last time they sent a prepaid Visa card which can be used at all merchants accepting Visa.
Dec 8, 2008
265 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
All most any merchant that accets Visa.. The trick is that the cashier only request the amount on the gift card or it won't go through.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7561 posts
2749 upvotes
I usually use them to reload my Presto card since it's easy to do a $5 reload using each card.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16594 posts
6768 upvotes
I ran into issues using them at a store because the cashier tries to submit the entire purchase on them, and then it fails. Instead I have found success in using it for things where I can specify the $5 amount such as: Amazon account reloads (this is my go-to), utility bill payments (mine all allow me to choose an amount to pay), internet bill.

It has failed at some places that let you pick the amount as well so my strategy is not perfect. That's why I stick to the three places I have always use them (above) and haven't had an issue.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15137 posts
12229 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
marmalade12 wrote: All most any merchant that accets Visa.. The trick is that the cashier only request the amount on the gift card or it won't go through.
This

Whenever using Prepaid CCs and GCs, it’s IMPERATIVE that the user KNOW how much the card is good for (the EXACT BALANCE)

Then it’s a case of just telling the Cashier ... “Let’s take $ 5.00 off of this ... and I will pay the rest by ____ “

When you just present a Prepaid CC ... and don’t tell the Cashier this, they just see the CC Logo (VISA / MC) and automatically assume it’s like any other CC

They try to put thru the full amount of your bill ... and the Transaction is refused (cuz there’s not enough funds)

All the cashier knows ... is it’s been REFUSED. Like any other CC might be REFUSED

Prepaid CCs tend to be accepted wherever the regularly branded CC is accepted ... so if unsure you can ask “Do you guys take Visa ? “

Then follow up with “Good ... Let’s take $ 5.00 off of this .............
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10588 posts
1337 upvotes
Brampton
Buy amazon.ca gift cards.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8777 posts
12537 upvotes
mariecc wrote: Hi I am new to this site and find it quite complicated to ask a question so here goes

TIA
Online shops should accept them, but what is extremely important, is the obviously the card number, the expiration date, and postal code.

I've used these cards before, and used whatever name I wanted, as long as the postal code matched where the card was sent.

I did some at home and some at work, so I had to use the proper postal code, or it would fail.
Nov 14, 2014
412 posts
222 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Fill gas. That is what I used to do. Can use the full value of the preloaded card.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3378 posts
1115 upvotes
Ontario
Pay your Bell bill online.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
[OP]
Jul 21, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Thanks a lot everyone I will use when topping presto and on shopping ....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)