Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 13, 2006
255 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto

Kenny vs Spenny fans?

Who likes this show? I caught it once on TV and thought it was pretty stupid... but then my friend gave me a coupla eps he'd recorded and I nearly pissed myself laughing...

Seems to be one of those You-love-it-or-you-hate-it type of shows... i know people who thinks it's halarious and others who think it's the dumbest show ever...

Personally... I just enjoy watching kenny pissing the **** out of spenny.... hahahaha... too good

Get the first season dvd from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=19]amazon.ca[/rfdlink] if you like the show... awesome stuff
87 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2467 posts
408 upvotes
North York
I've been watching it for the past couple of months on showcase. It's probably my favourite show on right now.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5511 posts
2154 upvotes
very good show, another awesome showcase original
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18101 posts
1117 upvotes
Actually I don't think its Showcase original

I was watching this 2 years ago when it used to be on right after The Simpsons at 5:30PM (surprisingly enough)

I think ShowCase picked it up after CBC dropped it, and thats why its gotten so much more explicit and stuff lately

But yeah, great show, i like it too :)
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1726 posts
327 upvotes
Vancouver
I used to watch this show regularly when it was on the cbc, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it on showcase. I don't really watch it now, but I've caught a few episodes. I almost barfed all over my living room when I saw that episode where Kenny had to lick bird poop off a car window. Igh.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1851 posts
50 upvotes
Oshawa
I used to watch it as much as i could find it (not often) on CBC a few years ago. I'm still on the fence about it being real or a put up. But even so It's a great show and is much better then when it was on cbc.
Spenny is so sad, like when he pissed off that girl who he thought was a spy for Kenny, that was a riot. But the worst one was how Kenny duped Speny into thinking he was selling a screenplay, that was downright mean!
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5511 posts
2154 upvotes
GuiltySpark wrote:I used to watch it as much as i could find it (not often) on CBC a few years ago. I'm still on the fence about it being real or a put up. But even so It's a great show and is much better then when it was on cbc.
Spenny is so sad, like when he pissed off that girl who he thought was a spy for Kenny, that was a riot. But the worst one was how Kenny duped Speny into thinking he was selling a screenplay, that was downright mean!
i think the worst was when kenny forged a letter from ministry of health saying spenny had hiv or aids, can't remember which it was. that was downright nasty, spenny was depressed for the rest of the episode, than he ripped up all of kenny's clothes when he found out it was a joke
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2467 posts
408 upvotes
North York
joshmxpx wrote:i think the worst was when kenny forged a letter from ministry of health saying spenny had hiv or aids, can't remember which it was. that was downright nasty, spenny was depressed for the rest of the episode, than he ripped up all of kenny's clothes when he found out it was a joke
IIRC the letter said someone that he had sexual contact with contracted HIV, and he was at risk. It was the "who is a better comedian" episode. Brilliant.

Seems like showcase picks up a few shows that cbc develops and then dumps. Made in canada/the newsroom ended up on showcase too.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2006
255 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
GuiltySpark wrote:I used to watch it as much as i could find it (not often) on CBC a few years ago. I'm still on the fence about it being real or a put up. But even so It's a great show and is much better then when it was on cbc.
HAHAHAH... yes.. that was a wicked episode

I think the draw for me is how goddamn smart kenny is and how anal spenny is.. kinda reminds me of some of my friends...

In the first season, there was an ep about who do kids like more.... of course Kenny tries to spoil the kids w/ candy and fun, while Spenny tries to make a lasting impression by giving them a fun day of adventure through this treasure hunting exercise... but kenny wins because he promises them each a HUGE wrapped gift if they pick him... the faces of the kids when they open the boxes and find them empty is CLASSIC

"i didn't get anything! :( "... "me neither :( "... hahahaha
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
4455 posts
53 upvotes
Yea, when I can catch it, I love it.

I really need a PVR... or someone to tell me if theres a way to record to AVI (as in place an AVI in a folder) with my 9800AIW......

....moving into the computer forums now.
Wanna get a REAL Canadian Job?
Thanks for being a great community, RFD!
[/COLOR]
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
It WAS CBC before showcase picked it up. He happens to be one of my wireless customers, I did some work for him last year. He had a CBC Identification card on him at the time..
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
Season 6 just started a couple of weeks ago. Anyone been catching these episodes??

Friggin hilarious! Who can go the farthest with each others mom has got to be the most awkward tv I have ever seen.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7170 posts
1491 upvotes
Toronto
I really liked the one where kenny pretended to become a drug addict, the one where kenny called the alcohol counselling guys on spenny during the drinking contest was really funny. Also spenny's cousin bianca is so hot.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2322 posts
854 upvotes
Awesome show. The "who can eat more meat" competition was disgusting but hilarious
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
theyre cbc showcases/ i know cus kenny is my customer and he showed me his cbc badge one day. hes also a cheap skate ftw/fyi
How do you like dem apples, Bro?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
2723 posts
96 upvotes
this show is so outrageous. their house must be soo trashy..lol
and poor spenny. haha, he never learns!
Feb 19, 2007
797 posts
76 upvotes
I don't think either of them stay in the house full time. I believe it's just where they shoot the show. I remember one episode where the production/office was in a building behind the house. Not that any of that matters.

It's a great show, which is double as awesome coming from Canada.

I hope they keep doing it!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4107 posts
1637 upvotes
I love this show, that's not many shows on TV these days that make me laugh so hard. This season's episodes are really out there especially:

1. "who can get further with the other guy's mom"
2. "who can win in a cock-fight"
3. "who can stay in the 69 position the longest"
:lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2004
2177 posts
216 upvotes
GTA
As a longtime fan of the show, this season IMO has been lacking, it has it's moments but hasn't been great so far. Around season 4 I started suspecting this show is staged and I believe it even more now, anyone else thinking the same thing?

however it's still a funny show and it has it's laughs.