• Sep 18th, 2021 2:53 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18464 posts
11206 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Kerrisdale Cameras] 15% off Used Equipment

For anyone in Vancouver, Kerrisdale Cameras has been one of the larger and well-known photographic retailers that also take in trades. They don't offer a high price for trade-ins and as such sell their used products at or below the going prices for used equipment that you would find on Craigslist or Facebook. And no, I don't mean Kijiji as this is Vancouver and almost NO-ONE uses Kijiji.

As such, they have decent prices on used equipment normally. Until the 19th, they have taken 15% off those prices. For example, I just picked up a Nikon AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E lens, which retails new for $1750 and the going price used will range anywhere from $1,200 for one in fair/good condition (has some body damage) to $1,500 for one good excellent shape, for $1,019.99 + tax or $1,162.79 for one that is basically mint and came with the box and packaging. They also offer a 60-day warranty on their used products.

If you are looking for anything, check out their website for used - there are some nice deals right now. Be warned -> Two big things that they can improve on their website are: having more details on the used product (ie what does it come with and the condition) and what store the product is in. They will ship from store to store for you so you don't have to drive all over the place but it is a pain in the butt. You have to e-mail the Kerrisidale location where they will do the leg work and tell you the location as well as the product's condition.

4 replies
Jan 29, 2021
18 posts
12 upvotes
Peterborough
Thanks for this, was just browsing their sale, but then spotted a mint Lumix LX10 that I really wanted (for $509CDN), and which coincidentally was discontinued last week after going up to 899 CDN (on sale on Amazon US for 499 USD at the same time). So I would be cameraless if not for your post! BTW the staff at Kerrisdale Cameras were SUPER helpful.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2308 posts
3028 upvotes
GTA
Nice buy on the 200-500. It’s a great lens.

Some good deals there.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18464 posts
11206 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
karlb wrote: Nice buy on the 200-500. It’s a great lens.

Some good deals there.
Thanks! I couldn't resist.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18464 posts
11206 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For anyone interested, they still have a 200-500 for the same price. I don't know the condition of that one however.