Off Topic

Kevin O'Leary involved in fatal boat crash. 2 dead. 1 man. 1 woman died from brain injuries.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 2:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8341 posts
1226 upvotes
Vancouver
sprung wrote: This is a common, shady , move the lawyers suggest for DUIs. You rush home and have a drink to 'steady your nerves'. It makes it much harder to prove you were intoxicated during the actual crash. Crappy for sure but happens a lot .
The law changed to seal that loop hole you are to be sober for 2 hours after coming home. It’s mentioned in the Toronto life article
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24949 posts
4193 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: The law changed to seal that loop hole you are to be sober for 2 hours after coming home. It’s mentioned in the Toronto life article
True, but hasn't been challenged in court yet. Lots of laws are overturned once challenged. I could easily see that law being one of them. It's illegal to be intoxicated while driving, it is not illegal to be intoxicated immediately after exiting a vehicle. It's a slippery slope and I wouldn't be shocked to see it overturned
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10203 posts
738 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Well, well, well... I like how all the trolls kept saying I was wrong and shit. Now the truth comes to light. Guilty as charged. O'Learys are liars. Yet he's all happy on Shark Tank acting like the usual buffoon after killing 2 peeps. *welp* Watch all the usual russian trolls attack this post. LMAO! :twisted: :facepalm: Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Just a despicable family. I thought his media persona was just for entertainment.

His wife is literally a murderer and he is an accomplice. Money talks BS walks.

Victims family must be in so much pain knowing this guy is still on TV like nothing happened.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8512 posts
2297 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote: Just a despicable family. I thought his media persona was just for entertainment.

Victims family must be in so much pain knowing this guy is still on TV like nothing happened.
I have been saying the same thing all along.
Dec 4, 2009
305 posts
189 upvotes
Surprised how nobody here questions who was driving... O’Leary isn’t known for his tiny ego. Anyone thinking that a guy like that would let his wife do the driving is kidding themselves. He woulda shoved her over into the helm as fast as he could. Boats and booze go hand in hand in Muskoka.

Kevin is a much bigger target than Linda, he was likely gonna blow over (and he knew it) so he made her (paid her) take the lumps.

The real question is I wonder what it cost him to get everyone in the boat to go along with the story...?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8512 posts
2297 upvotes
Mississauga
Todd96srv wrote: Surprised how nobody here questions who was driving... O’Leary isn’t known for his tiny ego. Anyone thinking that a guy like that would let his wife do the driving is kidding themselves. He woulda shoved her over into the helm as fast as he could. Boats and booze go hand in hand in Muskoka.

Kevin is a much bigger target than Linda, he was likely gonna blow over (and he knew it) so he made her (paid her) take the lumps.

The real question is I wonder what it cost him to get everyone in the boat to go along with the story...?
I have been saying that all along. The problem is the others (i will be polite) shot my accusations down.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5989 posts
1026 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Todd96srv wrote: The real question is I wonder what it cost him to get everyone in the boat to go along with the story...?
Not "everyone" besides Kevin and his wife, there was only one other person on his boat.

And I doubt anyone on the boat that was hit would know for sure.
Aug 4, 2003
729 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
Yeah keep making false accusations just cause you dont like the guy. I'll trust the police investigation. Maybe the other boat should have had its lights on, and none of this would have happened.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5989 posts
1026 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
trick91 wrote: Yeah keep making false accusations just cause you dont like the guy. I'll trust the police investigation. Maybe the other boat should have had its lights on, and none of this would have happened.
Two witnesses on the other boat claim the lights were on.

I personally think it was totally irresponsible to barrel along at high speed when one couldn't see where one is going.
The other boat could have been a rowboat or some other vessel that doesn't require navigation lights.
Aug 4, 2003
729 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
krs wrote: Two witnesses on the other boat claim the lights were on.

I personally think it was totally irresponsible to barrel along at high speed when one couldn't see where one is going.
The other boat could have been a rowboat or some other vessel that doesn't require navigation lights.
The documents state that a video from the Edwards property captures the boat shutting off its navigational lights after it pulled away from shore.

All boats are required to have lights on at night.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
2320 posts
18713 upvotes
trick91 wrote: Yeah keep making false accusations just cause you dont like the guy. I'll trust the police investigation. Maybe the other boat should have had its lights on, and none of this would have happened.
Both parties were charged which speaks to both parties having culpability in the accident.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13077 posts
2174 upvotes
City of Vancouver

It is always a good habit to resist the temptation to make premature conclusions. I remember RFD making all sorts of educated guesses back when Robin Williams killed himself. Turned out he had severe brain disease, which no RFDer was right on, iirc.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6621 posts
946 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote: Just a despicable family. I thought his media persona was just for entertainment.

More of a manslaughterer, legally speaking.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10203 posts
738 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: More of a manslaughterer, legally speaking.
That is true. It is just so sad that the victim can't defend themselves but these two rich aholes have endless money to throw for lawyers.

It is like Muzzo. If you are wealthy you get to go to 5 star hotel jail and get to live life after.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8341 posts
1226 upvotes
Vancouver
kevindurant1 wrote: That is true. It is just so sad that the victim can't defend themselves but these two rich aholes have endless money to throw for lawyers.

It is like Muzzo. If you are wealthy you get to go to 5 star hotel jail and get to live life after.
Not a fan of Kevin (but that’s what he likes and markets) and without any base I believe he was driving.

The people who died were far from poor. It’s a rich mans lake. Likely poorly patrolled for boating under the influence due to its high status residents but that again is a guess.

Edit. I don’t think muzzo is in some sort of 5* prison. Do those even exist in Canada? I mean in California sure.
Autocorrect sucks