• Jul 21st, 2020 4:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3969 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge

KFC to 3D Print Chicken Using Lab-Grown 'Meat of the Future'

The fast food chain has partnered with 3D Bioprinting Solutions in Russia to develop the world's first laboratory-produced chicken nuggets.
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/353533
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2681 posts
3171 upvotes
Let's hope they can 3D print larger pieces of chicken.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7126 posts
4415 upvotes
Between Countries
I bet 50 years from now when animal-free meat technologies mature and costs pennies a pound, we the unwashed masses will all be eating it. Then, a real burger made with real meat from real cattle will be considered rich people food.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4636 upvotes
Montréal
DiceMan wrote: I bet 50 years from now when animal-free meat technologies mature and costs pennies a pound, we the unwashed masses will all be eating it. Then, a real burger made with real meat from real cattle will be considered rich people food.
Exactly. "Now w REAL plastic!!!" only at 3 star Michelin restaurants lol.

Really sickening stuff, I remember those TV dinners that one puts in the oven. Was decent and at least made w more real food. Just be gourmet compared to modern day crap. Scary.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15005 posts
11533 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Let's hope they print BIG pieces not chinsed pieces.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Let's hope they print BIG pieces not chinsed pieces.
Agreed! Someone already mentioned that, but if it makes good popcorn chicken or chicken nuggets, that's still okay with me!
Allen84 wrote: Let's hope they can 3D print larger pieces of chicken.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Dec 20, 2019
653 posts
2685 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
If given a choice, I would prefer lab grown meat any day. The quality might not be as good, but I would like to have a world that our kids and grand kids can still enjoy, so this is excellent news... Not a tree huger btw, just being realistic