Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KFC

8pc Extra Crispy $20

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2023 2:22 pm
Tags:
Jan 29, 2023
23 posts
86 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[KFC] 8pc Extra Crispy $20

KFC's NEW extra crispy
8-piece meal for $20

Not as hot as their previous 5-piece for $10 but this is the next opportunity to give it a try at a promo!

8-piece meal is a limited offer as they only offer:
6pc meal for $26.99
10pc meal for $37.99

May only be available online or app
Images
  • Screenshot_20230327_083551_Facebook.jpg
Last edited by WinninGuyTV on Mar 27th, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ehrmm, two bucks? ...and it only transports matter?
17 replies
Mar 18, 2013
530 posts
1165 upvotes
Toronto
The 5 pc for $10 is still live as far as I know, why would anyone get this?

Ends April 19th.
DA352716-16D4-4317-8D37-489A8765BB2A.jpeg
Sep 30, 2022
371 posts
1373 upvotes
3-4 REAL pieces. Mostly Wings and drums. Don't forget, they figured out a few years ago, how to cut a chicken into 11 pieces from the standard 8.
Less for more plus inflation Plus, the fries have ALWAYS been inedible without gravy. Packing peanuts are tastier! Haven't set foot in a KFC since they changed their name to KFC! Popeyes is better value and quality.
Last edited by WhoTheHellCares on Mar 27th, 2023 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
WhoTheHellCares wrote: 34-4 REAL pieces. Wings and drums. Don't forget, they figured out a few years ago, how to cut a chicken into 11 pieces from the standard 8.
Less for more plus inflation Plus, the fries have ALWAYS been inedible without gravy. Packing peanuts are tastier! Haven't set foot in a KFC since they changed their name to KFC! Popeyes is better value and quality.
WhoTheHellCares
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
WhoTheHellCares wrote: 34-4 REAL pieces. Wings and drums. Don't forget, they figured out a few years ago, how to cut a chicken into 11 pieces from the standard 8.
Less for more plus inflation
Plenty of people who got the 5 for $10 Extra Crispy deal confirmed that they were using the larger standard 8-cut pieces. It was a great deal with the 20% code on top of that
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes
ajdeals wrote: Plenty of people who got the 5 for $10 Extra Crispy deal confirmed that they were using the larger standard 8-cut pieces. It was a great deal with the 20% code on top of that
I can confirm from last weeks purchase that this is not correct in the GTA...
I bought 2 offers, 10 extra crispy for $20, used SAVE20...

Received...
2 drumsticks,
8 half thighs: 3 with the the cross bone and 5 other side
These pieces looked big but after all the oil filled batter, skin, bone, there wasn't much meat. The drumsticks were the only whole pieces. That's only 6 whole pieces of chicken for $20, a rip off, even after the SAVE20 discount!
I do occasionally have a try when they have promotions but otherwise I will go elsewhere....
After over 5 decades of KFC, I still have cravings...

I also didn't expect all dark meat, as they usually would make that clear. Another disappointment.

I would be very surprised that they cut the chickens differently. Just doesn't make sense...For those of you saying that they are the old cut (9pc), check carefully again... you may be surprised that it's really the new cut (12pc).
Please report back here and with province
Nov 7, 2010
555 posts
513 upvotes
Guelph
KFC stepped up a bit with decent chicken and less salty batter.

Still not as good as Popeye's in my books.
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
values99club wrote: I can confirm from last weeks purchase that this is not correct in the GTA...

I got the full 10 pieces (full size thighs and breast pieces) for $16.80 total here in Alberta. Seems it is pretty YMMV store to store. I too was pretty dumbfounded as to why they would have larger cuts than they do for the original recipe, but they were.

Original thread = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/kfc-get ... #p37414686
PXL_20230314_180508567~2.jpg
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JumpWire wrote: KFC stepped up a bit with decent chicken and less salty batter.

Still not as good as Popeye's in my books.
Just get multiple orders of Popeyes Tuesday/Thursday deals instead of settling for KFC.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
Henry626 wrote: The 5 pc for $10 is still live as far as I know, why would anyone get this?

Ends April 19th.

DA352716-16D4-4317-8D37-489A8765BB2A.jpeg
If you want 8 pc instead of 10 its kind of comparable. 5 pc for $10 is 2/pc, so 8 pc is $16 but it comes with 2 orders of fries. So its like paying $2 per order of fries, which is OK I think. There is an option to upsize the fries for $0.60 each. If you order the 5 pc for $10 & want fries, its $2.80 for each order of fries or $7 for lrg order of fries. Also, when you get the 8 pc with fries meal, they ask you if you want to add a drink or gravy for $1 each, which is decent value. When you get the 5 pc for $10, the system does not give you the option to add a drink or gravy for $1
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
board123 wrote: Just get multiple orders of Popeyes Tuesday/Thursday deals instead of settling for KFC.
I too prefer Popeyes but with the deal & 20% coupon, its good for those curious to try. For $20 including tax, got:

8 pc extra crispy
2 x mega individual fries
1 individual gravy

Still prefer Popeyes but this is pretty reasonable price
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
HP_John wrote: I too prefer Popeyes but with the deal & 20% coupon, its good for those curious to try. For $20 including tax, got:

8 pc extra crispy
2 x mega individual fries
1 individual gravy

Still prefer Popeyes but this is pretty reasonable price
For $20 at Popeyes, you can get 10pcs of chicken using the Tues/Thurs deal.

KFC is not even worth trying. It's straight up bad.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2018
2541 posts
4744 upvotes
values99club wrote:
I can confirm from last weeks purchase that this is not correct in the GTA...

Received...
2 drumsticks,
8 half thighs: 3 with the the cross bone and 5 other side
These pieces looked big but after all the oil filled batter, skin, bone, there wasn't much meat. The drumsticks were the only whole pieces. That's only 6 whole pieces of chicken for $20, a rip off, even after the SAVE20 discount!
I do occasionally have a try when they have promotions but otherwise I will go elsewhere....
After over 5 decades of KFC, I still have cravings...

I also didn't expect all dark meat, as they usually would make that clear. Another disappointment.

I would be very surprised that they cut the chickens differently. Just doesn't make sense...For those of you saying that they are the old cut (9pc), check carefully again... you may be surprised that it's really the new cut (12pc).
I can kind of understand cutting the breast portions in half on larger chickens, I do it at home when breaking down a 4+ pound chicken, but there's no way they should be cutting the thigh portions in half that's just BS.
What's next? separating the wings into tips, flats and drummies, counting that as 6 instead of 2. Eat my shorts.

Haven't had KFC since they dropped Tooney Tuesdays.

I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
board123 wrote: For $20 at Popeyes, you can get 10pcs of chicken using the Tues/Thurs deal.

KFC is not even worth trying. It's straight up bad.
This is $20 including tax, and including 2 orders of mega individual fries & 1 individual gravy.

Popeyes Tues deal $4.49 x 4 =$17.96 + tax = $20.29 for 8 pc. For 10 pc its actually $25 including tax not $20
No fries, no gravy. Again, Popeyes is better but not bad to try at this price for those curious about KFC extra crispy
Jan 28, 2022
33 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
If you want chicken and you're in Toronto, hit up Chica's chicken. They make really good chicken and you get to support a local business rather than a large faceless and heartless corporation.
The little engine that could.
Oct 30, 2019
872 posts
1805 upvotes
Fraser Valley
fordsho wrote: If you want chicken and you're in Toronto, hit up Chica's chicken. They make really good chicken and you get to support a local business rather than a large faceless and heartless corporation.
lol what about colonel sanders, everyone forgets about seniors
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2018
2541 posts
4744 upvotes
bg8055 wrote:
lol what about colonel sanders, everyone forgets about seniors
The Colonel's been dead for a long time now I think the last actor to portray him in a commercial was Reba McEntire 🤣 and Norm Macdonald, RIP, a few years before that
Last edited by gamefacelouie on Mar 27th, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4114 posts
2261 upvotes
Toronto
bg8055 wrote: lol what about colonel sanders, everyone forgets about seniors
I'm surprised they haven't canceled him yet...

Mary browns is still the best IMO.