• Nov 12th, 2020 9:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22169 posts
26062 upvotes
Toronto

KFC Canada introduces biscuits to menu

"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9612 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto
I like the KFC biscuits.
In between Popeyes and Church's in size and softness.
Hopefully it comes complimentary in personal sized combos.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7420 posts
4700 upvotes
Victoria, BC
They used to have some kind of biscuits or buns here in Canada when I was a kid (70s/80s) I'm pretty sure.

ETA: It was buns. They were really nice soft buns you got with the meals back then in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6466 posts
3480 upvotes
Mississauga
Chickinvic wrote: They used to have some kind of biscuits or buns here in Canada when I was a kid (70s/80s) I'm pretty sure.
Yes, they were slices of warm bread about the size of a deck of cards. I remember them too.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11291 posts
3828 upvotes
All I can say is ...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1734 posts
2027 upvotes
Looking forward to trying them.

When they are fresh out of the oven, I enjoy the biscuits as much if not more than the chicken at Popeyes.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5888 posts
1670 upvotes
Mississauga
gh05t wrote: I like the KFC biscuits.
In between Popeyes and Church's in size and softness.
Hopefully it comes complimentary in personal sized combos.
is it better than churchs? churchs is tough to beat...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9612 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: is it better than churchs? churchs is tough to beat...
Church's is better but just smaller.
Popeyes is bigger but dry and compact texture.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9613 posts
3885 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote: They used to have some kind of biscuits or buns here in Canada when I was a kid (70s/80s) I'm pretty sure.

ETA: It was buns. They were really nice soft buns you got with the meals back then in Canada.
mrweather wrote: Yes, they were slices of warm bread about the size of a deck of cards. I remember them too.
It was called Grecian bread. It was awesome. Could buy whole loaves of it.
Their fried chicken, potato salad and bread was the ultimate comfort food meal for me.
Their food quality has sadly plummeted since their glory days.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11291 posts
3828 upvotes
Ducky wrote: is it better than churchs? churchs is tough to beat...
Churchs chicken is so bland. I have tried it 2-3 times and just has no flavor to it. I think they are all closed now in the Toronto area.

Popeyes>KFC>Mary Browns>Churchs
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5888 posts
1670 upvotes
Mississauga
kool1 wrote: Churchs chicken is so bland. I have tried it 2-3 times and just has no flavor to it. I think they are all closed now in the Toronto area.

Popeyes>KFC>Mary Browns>Churchs
we are talking about the biscuits...

also, kfc is bottom of the barrel imo... for value... for Chicken
Last edited by Ducky on Nov 4th, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
45945 posts
8939 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

I remember when i was a kid in the early 90’s... they had sliced white bread!
Aug 9, 2013
29 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
I just tried this and its actually pretty decent. I like Popeyes more but it's better than Churchs
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7014 posts
1771 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: It was called Grecian bread. It was awesome. Could buy whole loaves of it.
Their fried chicken, potato salad and bread was the ultimate comfort food meal for me.
That was back when they also gave out little packets of honey with the chicken.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36249 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
I hate the biscuits. Any kind of corn meal biscuit. Dry , crumbly and tasteless.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11291 posts
3828 upvotes
Ducky wrote: we are talking about the biscuits...

also, kfc is bottom of the barrel imo... for value... for Chicken
Realize but if the chicken sucks - I'm not getting the biscuits
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3880 posts
1756 upvotes
I'll always pick Church's items on the menu over Popeye's any day of the week. There are a few places in the GTA where Popeye's and Church's are very close in proximity. On more than one occasion, we've grabbed chicken/biscuits from both places and plopped everything on the table for a free for all. Three out of three times, I've proven to my friends that Church's food was better and superior in every way to Popeye's. Church's hands down was the winner every time!

It's like a coffee, cola and other taste test, you have to have all the items together and try them out at the same meal.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4348 upvotes
mrweather wrote: Yes, they were slices of warm bread about the size of a deck of cards. I remember them too.
ShoNuff2 wrote: It was called Grecian bread. It was awesome. Could buy whole loaves of it.
That bread was nasty. It was *WET*. Yuck...

I never liked it as a kid... then on a trip to Florida my parents got us KFC takeout and... first time I had those buttermilk biscuits. Loved it, as well as the slaw that wasn't colored lime green mush, the mashed potatoes and gravy instead of the lame-ass fries, etc. After that trip, never was happy at KFC in Canada until "Scott's Chicken Villa" and the nasty bread went away (too bad the limp greasy fries held on).

(I know, I know, Col. Sanders himself was up here in Canada but he only controlled the chicken recipe... the other garbage -- limp fries, wet bread, green slaw -- was Canadian crap).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9613 posts
3885 upvotes
Toronto
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: That bread was nasty. It was *WET*. Yuck...

I never liked it as a kid... then on a trip to Florida my parents got us KFC takeout and... first time I had those buttermilk biscuits. Loved it, as well as the slaw that wasn't colored lime green mush, the mashed potatoes and gravy instead of the lame-ass fries, etc. After that trip, never was happy at KFC in Canada until "Scott's Chicken Villa" and the nasty bread went away (too bad the limp greasy fries held on).

(I know, I know, Col. Sanders himself was up here in Canada but he only controlled the chicken recipe... the other garbage -- limp fries, wet bread, green slaw -- was Canadian crap).
Not sure where they were giving you wet bread. I had it many many times, in the GTA, and it was never wet. You could even buy it in bags like regular loaves.
This is what it looked like
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.