Expired Offers

Locked: KFC’s Famous Chicken Chicken Sandwich - $2 (Sept 16 Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 3:59 am
Sep 28, 2017
110 posts
87 upvotes
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Refer to the video I posted just above. If they run out of chicken make a noise. Be animated and loud.

Tell 'em you, "you knew that you were having this promotion 2 months ago. How you going to tell me you ran out of chicken? You shoulda had a trailer full of chicken out back. I have to feed my family. My family is going to starve tonight because of you! I ain't moving until you gimme a a suitable substitute for $2.00. Like a 14 piece bucket of chicken!!!"

These restaurants should honour the promotions they post or provide a suitable substitute. In the very least, they should have provided a coupon for another date if they ran out of chicken.
I hope nobody takes this advice. These cashiers are working for min. wage during a pandemic. The last thing they want to deal with is harassment from people over a promotion they don't have any control over
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1187 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
downtown toronto eaton centre long lineup at 630 pm. regular flavor only. no spicy flavor. didn't take long to receive the sandwich. limit of 1 enforced. long lineups only at the kfc. other fast food stalls, workers are standing around
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3565 posts
1842 upvotes
Halifax
It was not hard to get here in Lower Sackville. First time I ever ordered the sandwich. Probably not going to order it again. Not awful, I just did not enjoy it.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3306 posts
1331 upvotes
Grabbed 2 of these sandwiches for lunch earlier and thought they were fine for $2 each today.

For people that have already tried Popeye's new chicken sandwich, how does this one compare?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4052 posts
778 upvotes
Scarborough
ApeShmtCrazy wrote: I ordered one online and I got it. When I went to pick it up, the lady behind me asked for it and it was out of stock. Apparently I had the last one.

My review: overall very delicious sandwich. The chicken patty is not as big as the advertising picture. It's very crispy. The coating tastes like it contain potato chips. The potato bun has a great taste but is a little dry. Took the spicy sandwich and the sauce wasn't overbearing. The only disappointing part of the sandwich is the pickles. It's sweet pickles and not salty ones.

Is it worth $7.49? If you compare it to a McChiken that sells for $4.99, I'd pay the extra $2.50 for the KFC chicken sandwich.

It's 4.5 out of 5 stars for me (without the sweet pickles)
great review, id also buy it at regular price. When you compare the competition and their prices, its definitely reasonable.
Last edited by blaznazn22 on Sep 16th, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8820 posts
52192 upvotes
Ontario
ki2017 wrote: I hope nobody takes this advice. These cashiers are working for min. wage during a pandemic. The last thing they want to deal with is harassment from people over a promotion they don't have any control over
I'm sure s/he is being sarcastic. Probably referring to the POPeYESE out of chicken excuse during their special promotion in the USA.
Costco Aug 3 - 30 / HOT! Costco Tommy 3 in 1 Jacket
PCinsider > PC Optimum Insider = New program IS VERY BAD!! Do not renew the program. As of Oct 8, it will automatically switch to the "WORST PROGRAM" of the year.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2879 posts
2880 upvotes
Oakville, ON
jambo87 wrote: Im happy with mine. Was hot and crispy. Well made. Can't go wrong for $2
Wow that’s miniature or you have Kawhi hands
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2024 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal, QC
no complaint if it's only for $2, otherwise I think the spicy sandwich is not spicy enough for me
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4063 posts
2598 upvotes
I was expecting it to be like this. Did any of you get a comparatively large breast?

Sep 26, 2006
105 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
mrfrugal83 wrote: Wow that’s miniature or you have Kawhi hands
Lol 7'1". Everything looks tiny around me.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2253 posts
463 upvotes
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Refer to the video I posted just above. If they run out of chicken make a noise. Be animated and loud.

Tell 'em you, "you knew that you were having this promotion 2 months ago. How you going to tell me you ran out of chicken? You shoulda had a trailer full of chicken out back. I have to feed my family. My family is going to starve tonight because of you! I ain't moving until you gimme a a suitable substitute for $2.00. Like a 14 piece bucket of chicken!!!"

These restaurants should honour the promotions they post or provide a suitable substitute. In the very least, they should have provided a coupon for another date if they ran out of chicken.
Please don't make a scene over an out of stock sandwich. I'm sure the promotion says "while supplies last" and they don't have to provide another food or the same food on a different day. Nobody deserves to be harassed over a $2 sandwich, Karen.

I had one. Without the pickles. It was pretty good - a lot better than a mcchicken although not sure what the price difference was. Not sure 37gr of fat are going to fit my diet often but the sandwich itself is only 650 Cal's which isn't bad.
Last edited by spiralspirit on Sep 16th, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2008
76 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Here's my review in Montreal of this chicken burger. I went to the drive thru and asked if they had the deal for 2$. They told me that they never received their shipment of the burgers in the morning and had none to offer. They then mentioned a bunch of stuff about different places such as uber eats etc. as competition for the reasons that they run out of stock whenever there seems to be any type of promotion involving KFC. I should also mention that there is a taco bell attached to this KFC (one of only two or three in the entire province of QC) and whenever you mention about a coupon on tacobell.ca , the staff looks at you funny and has no clue about any coupons on the website. It's almost as though this franchise is separate from the Canadian Taco Bell division with little to no correlation to Canada at all.

I went to Harveys and got 2 burgers for 6$.

KFC on Des Sources Blvd in Pierrefonds - Might be the winner for worst run fast food franchise in all of Canada with a 5 foot pothole on the exit from the drive thru.
May 10, 2008
378 posts
319 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Went to Knight x 49th in East Vancouver. Lineup wasn’t too long and burgers were premade, so I was in and out of the restaurant in minutes.

They let me buy more than one so I bought 6.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1956 posts
924 upvotes
YYZ
just wanted to update that i went to two different locations and they both said they don't offer the deal in Mississauga.

bad promo.
Licensed Full Service Realtor 😎
No gimmicky promises, only genuine service
Dec 6, 2005
548 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver
Perfect, I'm going there now! Thanks

Edit : 6 families in line as of 5:28, ordered 6.
Angel Girl wrote: Went to Knight x 49th in East Vancouver. Lineup wasn’t too long and burgers were premade, so I was in and out of the restaurant in minutes.

They let me buy more than one so I bought 6.

Thanks OP!
Last edited by beatdownvictim on Sep 16th, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.