Expired Offers

Locked: KFC’s Famous Chicken Chicken Sandwich - $2 (Sept 16 Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 3:59 am
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5570 posts
1696 upvotes
tarushin wrote: indeed $2 is totally fine, retails price never ever rather go to Wendy's where you can actually customize every toppings.
Another option is to carry around a cooler full of fresh vegetables and toppings.

That would have come in handy today.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5570 posts
1696 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Any left in Vancouver specifically the one on Broadway?

I'd be choked if there are none left when I get there at 4ish for my first meal of the day.
Were you choked?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3339 posts
1411 upvotes
Scarborough
What time does KFC typically open? The one I went to Vic Park and Finch (value village plaza next door) was sold out by 1pm... I mean it's one per customer and they probably opened for 11am. How are they sold out in 2 hours? I ended up going to the one on Sheppard between birchmount and warden and all the people lined up were from the Vic park location. Waited 20 minutes but plenty in stock no sign of slowing down.

I don't wanna be that guy that complains but crap, sold out by 1pm? I really feel like the owner of that place didn't want to be giving out these at all considering the profit margins at $2 would have been probably transparent. Still not my problem
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5570 posts
1696 upvotes
ki2017 wrote: I hope nobody takes this advice. These cashiers are working for min. wage during a pandemic. The last thing they want to deal with is harassment from people over a promotion they don't have any control over
Then those cashiers should find a new job. Every job has its positives and negatives. This happens to be a negative.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5570 posts
1696 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: I need to drive 40 minutes to try the new Popeyes Chicken sandwich and I live in Vancouver. FFS Popeyes! Open one in Vancouver already.
Open a franchise yourself. Then you can have as many chicken sandwiches as you want and you’re making money.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5570 posts
1696 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: Wonder if they will honour it

95290813-BA4F-466D-A768-3C6F2E7C0B5A.png9FC1B81D-BFDF-4C7D-AF8F-FE550EE36567.png
If they don’t, you have a legitimate lawsuit.
Jun 18, 2017
400 posts
277 upvotes
Ambushes wrote: I think the chicken is the same, they just copied what Popeyes was doing with a brioche bun (this actually makes a pretty big difference) and a new mayo.
I thought it was a brioche bun but it’s actually a potato bun. The Popeyes is a brioche though.
Dec 14, 2006
833 posts
346 upvotes
I'm no KFC expert by any means, but the texture of the coating seems different to me. Thicker, more ridges? IDK
Spicing may be the same, which would be good for me. I really like original KFC taste.
The spicy mayo (?) seems identical to the zinger, but I've probably had less than 10 of those my entire life.
The bun was fine, but didn't really stand out to me.
Ambushes wrote: I think the chicken is the same, they just copied what Popeyes was doing with a brioche bun (this actually makes a pretty big difference) and a new mayo.
Dec 21, 2009
680 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
Mine was juicy and crispy. Pretty good. I ordered 3 and was a bit worried about how shitty some of you were saying. It could be a bit more flavorful but crispy and juicy meat. $2 = win.