• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 3:15 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2017
169 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver

KFC small very thin paper bag

The new KFC small paper bag torn apart under the food’s weight. Paper cover is more like it.
Images
  • 112A95BF-CDBB-4595-A8B5-43EDFD2EBE39.jpeg
24 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16508 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
If they have to double up the bag to make it stronger, how much do two of those bags cost vs one stronger bag in the first place? lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4380 posts
2582 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Can't handle the grease.
😱
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1436 posts
478 upvotes
GTA
Next time bring your own cooler bag! Save the environment and keep your food hotter!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9237 posts
4520 upvotes
Markham
Wait they charge 10 cents for paper bags
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4912 posts
1255 upvotes
Abbottabad
Food too heavy that bag ripped.

First world problems.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2792 posts
2060 upvotes
Toronto
ericlewis91 wrote: Next time bring your own cooler bag! Save the environment and keep your food hotter!
Sounds very unhygienic even more so with covid.
Sep 14, 2012
713 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: Food too heavy that bag ripped.

First world problems.
Canada is in the first world.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7145 posts
186 upvotes
That bag looks like you tore it yourself.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28605 posts
14014 upvotes
Toronto
Did kfc revert their practices of giving full size chicken pieces now ? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 15, 2020
622 posts
350 upvotes
neutral wrote: That bag looks like you tore it yourself.
or he's advertising how large/heavy the chicken sandwich is

Actually not a bad marketing idea, provided they werent using a KFC branded bag
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19001 posts
6878 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinning the bag to save money, or yours had a tear that propagated.
Or both.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44657 posts
7752 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Quentin5 wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinning the bag to save money, or yours had a tear that propagated.
Or both.
I noticed this with grocery bags. They are so thin ... you can’t re-use them as garbage bags. Half the time they got holes all over the bottom from the trip home!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3398 posts
144 upvotes
Freshco bags are the best.
Then No Frills.

Special honorable mention for Galleria bags which are strong and large.
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Apr 2, 2011
526 posts
198 upvotes
Hard to believe the weight of kfc food caused the bag to tear under its own weight.

With the way kfc resizing has taken place, I would not be surprised if that was a 20 piece in that bag.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44657 posts
7752 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
NKode wrote: Hard to believe the weight of kfc food caused the bag to tear under its own weight.

With the way kfc resizing has taken place, I would not be surprised if that was a 20 piece in that bag.
Yep... its getting ridiculous.
My last visit to kfc... i finished the bucket in 2 bites

Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1347 posts
2150 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Ordered a mighty bucket for 2 yesterday, same issue as OP. Walked out and dropped the entire bag on the ground.

Chicken was too mighty to be contained in a bag.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2017
169 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
secretalcoholic wrote: Ordered a mighty bucket for 2 yesterday, same issue as OP. Walked out and dropped the entire bag on the ground.

Chicken was too mighty to be contained in a bag.
I ordered two small boxes last month and the lady gave a middle bag. It almost slipped from my hands as well but it didn’t get torn. The picture that I post is the small bag and it cannot handle the weight of two small boxes. The edge of the box cut through the paper and I almost dropped it. On the other hand, the large bag that they gave me last Christmas for the bucket chicken was strong.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2017
169 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
UrbanPoet wrote: I noticed this with grocery bags. They are so thin ... you can’t re-use them as garbage bags. Half the time they got holes all over the bottom from the trip home!
The small kfc bag already falling apart. I happened to go grocery shopping across the street so I put the kfc boxes into that grocery plastic bag to bring it home.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4631 posts
6966 upvotes
Ontario
If you know anyone who gets the green Mandarin takeout bags, ask for one so you can use it to carry your KFC bag more easily.

Best to make sure both hands are free to carry the food. No cellphone or keys in one hand nowadays!

I have a similar issue with Cineplex food-if I get a big drink and popcorn and candy, there are no trays. Only with the prepared food areas, does a person get a tray. Bring back plastic trays for popcorn and snacks! Cardboard tips.
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎