Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Kia Canada

0% financing for 84 months for Kia Sportage and Sorento

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 3:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
ar2020 wrote: That's strange. What year Ford? Recent Fords after 08 economic recession have been good.
Older Ford. one 1985½ yes, ½ one 1996, and one 2003. But been there, done that. and now that ford stops manufacturing cars (except the Mustang) I am absolutely sure.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
DudebuD wrote: No they can't increase the price. Dealers aren't allowed to sell over MSRP like they do in the States with "market adjustments".

Secondly new car insurance is actually quite cheap, especially compared to used, at least in my experience.
MSRP is already overpriced. As for mattresses, And everything at regular price at Canadian Tire
Feb 7, 2007
431 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
DoorCrasher wrote: MSRP is already overpriced. As for mattresses, And everything at regular price at Canadian Tire
Ughhhh *facepalm*
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
DudebuD wrote: Ughhhh *facepalm*
ever play a game of soccer where they constantly move the goalposts. Seems very similar.
Feb 7, 2007
431 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
tdracer wrote: ever play a game of soccer where they constantly move the goalposts. Seems very similar.
I can't believe the stupidity on here. In any case I've taken advantage of 0% financing twice, and both deals worked out brilliantly for me
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
DudebuD wrote: I can't believe the stupidity on here. In any case I've taken advantage of 0% financing twice, and both deals worked out brilliantly for me
Well I've done this once. And never again. To each their own, I guess
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
Wow the imaginary problems and price on Kia products is strong with most of you.

You guys better not upvote other mediocre brands with higher interest rate at the same price.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1600 posts
1610 upvotes
Orleans, ON
People hating on Kia are stuck in 2002.

The Sportage and Sorento came out in 2015 for the 2016 model year. They are a little outdated at this point (compared to class leaders), but are otherwise fine.
If the Telluride is any indication, the new Seltos will be among the class leaders. Personally, I'd wait for that if size isn't a concern. It's close to the Honda HR-V in size.
Nov 15, 2017
348 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
In 7 years a Kia Sorento would be worth only $5k-$7k, so basically the payments would run until the car is worth nothing., at this term its just a rental car.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Bought a Sorrento about a year and a half ago and have been very happy with it. $30,000 all in for a brand new larger AWD SUV with decent features, I felt you can't beat that price. No it's not top end model but warranty and back up camera, I don't really need much more. So far no complaints.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1100 posts
236 upvotes
I bought a new 2015 Forte back in 2015, 0% 60 months. No issues.
Fido client
Tangerine client.
Mar 30, 2007
918 posts
946 upvotes
Parry Sound
saturnvuebots wrote: They aren't even close to Toyota or Honda.
My hyundai veloster drives marginally better than my previous honda civic. From a value perspective I'm way happier with the Hyundai.

I will agree with you on Toyota though.. they are noticeably better.

Thats my experience, anyway
∙ Quarter Chicken Dinner ∙ White Meat ∙ Fries ∙ Extra Sauce
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1473 posts
2779 upvotes
Ontario
Spaceballs wrote: Wow the imaginary problems and price on Kia products is strong with most of you.

You guys better not upvote other mediocre brands with higher interest rate at the same price.
Imaginary problems? Sorry, my engine loss five years into owning my Forte was far from "imaginary", nor was the six months of hell I went through trying to get it fixed. The 3000 people whose Kia/Hyundai vehicles have burned to the ground would also like a word. You must have missed my earlier post.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2705 ... kia-fires/
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1338 posts
1411 upvotes
Part of the experience is the dealership and the service and customer standard they want to maintain as part of reputation. Some are just high volume sales.

My wife bought a 2016 Hyundai Elantra. It was a value purchase. She got the value sport edition which has all the necessary features for her. $20k taxes and fees included plus premium all weather floor mats and some extras. 5 year warranty. 5 year roadside assistance. And 0 percent financing for 84 months. She invests money monthly with the lower car payment.

She has been treated like a queen by the dealership. They give her loaner vehicles when servicing. Have handled 3 warranty issues (dash, sunroof and something else can’t remember) efficiently with no hassles. Absolutely nothing to complain about accepting you are driving an Elantra for value and fuel efficiency. It has also proven to be reliable so far. She just did brakes last month. No other mechanical or engine issues.

Comparatively BMW treats me like shit and steals all money but always with a friendly smile and good coffee.

Make the right decision for yourself but for my wife it’s a hot deal with a low TCO and the experience has been positive. She drove a Honda Civic prior and does prefer the drive better, but not the higher cost, financing, lesser warranty and mediocre dealership experience.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
mindabsence wrote:
Imaginary problems? Sorry, my engine loss five years into owning my Forte was far from "imaginary", nor was the six months of hell I went through trying to get it fixed. The 3000 people whose Kia/Hyundai vehicles have burned to the ground would also like a word. You must have missed my earlier post.

Wow. I am never buying a Kia or Hyundai. Thank you for your anecdote. It was very enlightening.
Bidjaan wrote: Part of the experience is the dealership and the service and customer standard they want to maintain as part of reputation. Some are just high volume sales.

My wife bought a 2016 Hyundai Elantra. It was a value purchase. She got the value sport edition which has all the necessary features for her. $20k taxes and fees included plus premium all weather floor mats and some extras. 5 year warranty. 5 year roadside assistance. And 0 percent financing for 84 months. She invests money monthly with the lower car payment.

She has been treated like a queen by the dealership. They give her loaner vehicles when servicing. Have handled 3 warranty issues (dash, sunroof and something else can’t remember) efficiently with no hassles. Absolutely nothing to complain about accepting you are driving an Elantra for value and fuel efficiency. It has also proven to be reliable so far. She just did brakes last month. No other mechanical or engine issues.

Comparatively BMW treats me like shit and steals all money but always with a friendly smile and good coffee.

Make the right decision for yourself but for my wife it’s a hot deal with a low TCO and the experience has been positive. She drove a Honda Civic prior and does prefer the drive better, but not the higher cost, financing, lesser warranty and mediocre dealership experience.
Thats awesome. I am going out right away to buy a Kia or Hyundai. :)

As for the fire thing 3000 sounds like a lot especially out of 3 million. That being said, I wonder how many vehicle fires there are per year. Oh wait, here it is:

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf ... /v19i2.pdf

171 000 between 2014 and 2016. Sounds like a lot more than 3000, so maybe other brands as well.

But what causes those fires. well here it is again:

The failure of equipment or the heat source was the cause in an additional
21 percent of highway vehicle fires.

As expected, the majority (93 percent) of highway vehicle fires originated within the vehicle itself. In fact, 62 percent
of highway vehicle fires originated specifically in the engine, running gear,10 or wheel areas of the vehicle

3000 sounds like a lot, and there may be a real issue, but realistically it can easily be something else and there are literally thousands of vehicle fires every single month of various different makes and models.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Imaginary problems? Sorry, my engine loss five years into owning my Forte was far from "imaginary", nor was the six months of hell I went through trying to get it fixed. The 3000 people whose Kia/Hyundai vehicles have burned to the ground would also like a word. You must have missed my earlier post.

yikes ! ...
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1115 posts
233 upvotes
Which dealership gives us the best deal for their minivan in Durham or GTA ?
Oct 27, 2009
752 posts
500 upvotes
Hamilton
zebracobra007 wrote: at this term its just a rental car.
All cars are just rental cars. A 2012 Sorento is probably worth more than 5 to 7 k, although point taken. If you want something that will keep its value, you will be paying much more upfront. So does that make more sense? I doubt it.

This is just simple mathematics. If you get a decent price and 0%, go for it.

I bought a car a couple of years ago., I negotiated based on cash price. I was ready to pay cash. However they gave me 0.9% financing on that final price. I invested that for two years and came out ahead.
Sep 4, 2018
90 posts
82 upvotes
tdracer wrote: Wow. I am never buying a Kia or Hyundai. Thank you for your anecdote. It was very enlightening.

Thats awesome. I am going out right away to buy a Kia or Hyundai. :)

As for the fire thing 3000 sounds like a lot especially out of 3 million. That being said, I wonder how many vehicle fires there are per year. Oh wait, here it is:

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf ... /v19i2.pdf

171 000 between 2014 and 2016. Sounds like a lot more than 3000, so maybe other brands as well.

But what causes those fires. well here it is again:

The failure of equipment or the heat source was the cause in an additional
21 percent of highway vehicle fires.

As expected, the majority (93 percent) of highway vehicle fires originated within the vehicle itself. In fact, 62 percent
of highway vehicle fires originated specifically in the engine, running gear,10 or wheel areas of the vehicle

3000 sounds like a lot, and there may be a real issue, but realistically it can easily be something else and there are literally thousands of vehicle fires every single month of various different makes and models.
Awesome post. Well said.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)