Hey All,

which one would you drive?

KIA Stinger
Acura TLX
Mustang GT
Lexus IS
Infiniti Q50
Mazda 6

Personally, I like the Kia Stinger what do you guys have to say?
37 replies
May 21, 2008
884 posts
147 upvotes
Ottawa
I think Mustang GT is in different class. Out of the rest, I would go with Stinger/TLX.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5083 posts
1039 upvotes
Burlington
Is the TLX on that list the new Type S? If so maybe that just because it's something new and refreshing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7813 posts
4605 upvotes
West GTEH!
For pure fun, Mustang GT.
😎
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1503 posts
438 upvotes
Wouldn't consider any of those in this class, Germans just better (imo). But gun to my head, I guess the TLX. Acura's styling has really turned the corner in the current generation.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5069 posts
3251 upvotes
Mazda 6??? why is that even on the list?

For value, Stinger.
For pure fun, Mustang GT.

Well rounded? Audi RS3 for more.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
2556 posts
3438 upvotes
Barrie, ON
If you're thinking Mustang, then the Camaro needs to be on the list as well 2LT package and you're done.
Dec 4, 2017
494 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
2021 TLX Type S is my top pick.

If you say Stinger, might as well toss Genesis G70 into the mix.

As others said, why Mazda 6? Why Mustang coupe when others are 4 door sedans?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14998 posts
11496 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Weird list

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12352 posts
4858 upvotes
Toronto
Below is the type of person with different priority and their reason to pick that car.

KIA Stinger - Bang for the Buck (Doesn't care about brand and long term liability and depreciation)
Acura TLX - Stylish Japanese Sedan, but not the best in any aspects.
Mustang GT - Hard Core Muscle car fans, straight line lover.
Lexus IS - Go with the brand and long term liability.
Infiniti Q50 - Perhaps, they have a sale/clearance?
Mazda 6 - Someone in the family work for Mazda....
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Sep 15, 2017
794 posts
896 upvotes
I would immediately drop the lower budget Kia/Hyundai brands for starters.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2078 posts
2617 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Clearly a Mustang. A Classic, American, V8, RWD, Muscle Car.

A TLX to a large degree is a glorified Accord.
Rather than a Mazda 6, i'd recommend a Fusion V6 if you want a good handling fwd practical sedan. But regardless those cars can't compete with a Mustang GT.
Lexus IS are nice. I'm a big guy so compact cars aren't for me which eliminates the Q50 and IS.

I'd definitely go for a Mustang GT - its fun, reliable and practical enough that it can be your everyday vehicle. Camaros are really nice as well but the issue is that it's less practical and harder to drive but an overall better muscle car. Hence why the Mustang has better sales. Just as a heads up, a V8 camaro goes for substantially more than a Mustang.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1226 posts
821 upvotes
TDot
Bigboy16 wrote: Clearly a Mustang. A Classic, American, V8, RWD, Muscle Car.

I'd definitely go for a Mustang GT - its fun, reliable and practical enough that it can be your everyday vehicle. Camaros are really nice as well but the issue is that it's less practical and harder to drive but an overall better muscle car. Hence why the Mustang has better sales. Just as a heads up, a V8 camaro goes for substantially more than a Mustang.
LOL! Mustang currently has a class action lawsuit for it's manual transmission's design that can cause premature internal wear leading to catastrophic failure.

If that doesn't get you because you opted for the automatic, the 5.0 engine has a "typewriter tick" that nobody seems to know what the cause is, including Ford, but yet Ford says is normal. This is in addition to all the shoddy quality we all know one can expect from a Ford.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10118 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto
I would pick something that's manual transmission more fun
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6682 posts
4244 upvotes
Toronto
Mustang ecoboost so you can compete with other listed ecoboxes.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2078 posts
2617 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
IndusVally wrote: LOL! Mustang currently has a class action lawsuit for it's manual transmission's design that can cause premature internal wear leading to catastrophic failure.

If that doesn't get you because you opted for the automatic, the 5.0 engine has a "typewriter tick" that nobody seems to know what the cause is, including Ford, but yet Ford says is normal. This is in addition to all the shoddy quality we all know one can expect from a Ford.
Yeah the 5.0L got iffy after 2017. I'd ideally get the 5.0L with the automatic. I wouldn't be doing a manual - they are such a dumb decision when coming home from work or school at 5pm in traffic. I did know about the manual tranny lawsuit with the transmissions that are produced in China by Mercedes however i thought that OP would only want an automatic since he put cars in the list that are primarily automatics.

Edit: But i'm glad you know your cars so well. Most people don't research them as well. I've read about the V8 issues in the F150s after Ford altered them for the 2018 year but it doesn't have much info yet.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!