Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 27, 2013
280 posts
75 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

Kid-friendly travel

Hi everyone, I want to take my family on a trip sometime in August within Canada (kids are three and one). Any recommendations keeping in mind ages of kids?

THanks
9 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2314 upvotes
Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara? Sandusky/Cedar Point/Kalahari in Ohio, National Museum of Play (Strong Museum) in Rochester (very good for young ones).

Ottawa also has a children's museum if you want to stay in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8514 posts
1290 upvotes
We just did The Strong and Seabreeze in Rochester for the kids. At 3 and 1, I think it's a good combo. Note: depending how old your 1 year old is will make a big difference.

The children's museum within the museum of civilization in Ottawa is good but not on par with other children's dedicated museums. We take our kids Thursday afternoon since it's free.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1199 posts
666 upvotes
Ripley
Santas village in Bracebridge.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2013
280 posts
75 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
There has to be more to do? Lol.

More details, I'm taking next week (July 31 to August 5) off to do things with the kids who are 3 years and 1 year old.

Any other suggestions? We live in Mississauga but can drive a few hours or more away.

Thanks
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1414 upvotes
Toronto
We did a lot of camping, check out Awenda Provincial Park - not too far (less than 2 hours of a drive) and the sites are huge. You can drive to some great beaches in the park as well. Or strap your 1 year old in a carrier and go out and do some hiking - don't have to be long, check out the Bruce Peninsula - or drive around Manitoulin (bonus ferry ride). What do you like doing?
[OP]
Oct 27, 2013
280 posts
75 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
wirebound wrote: We did a lot of camping, check out Awenda Provincial Park - not too far (less than 2 hours of a drive) and the sites are huge. You can drive to some great beaches in the park as well. Or strap your 1 year old in a carrier and go out and do some hiking - don't have to be long, check out the Bruce Peninsula - or drive around Manitoulin (bonus ferry ride). What do you like doing?
That sounds like a good idea.

The kids like the outdoors, animals, farms, etc. We were thinking of visiting a family farm, maybe Elmvale Zoo. But I'm open to suggestions because it could depend a lot on weather too.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35599 posts
21667 upvotes
Center of Universe
We're heading to Centre Island this weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8658 posts
2583 upvotes
Mississauga
Mount Tremblant if you're willing to drive to Quebec. I hear it's really nice there and lots to do. http://m.tremblant.ca
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2314 upvotes
Raggie wrote: Mount Tremblant if you're willing to drive to Quebec. I hear it's really nice there and lots to do. http://m.tremblant.ca
Not really for younger children; the outdoor activities are too advanced for a 1 and 3 year old.