Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Kidde Battery Operated Photoelectric Combination Smoke and CO Detector with Voice Alert $19.84 (reg. $53.82)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2022 9:26 pm
Oct 1, 2018
182 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, needed to replace mine this year. Ordered 2
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1027 posts
1602 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Wow. They really micro manage how people live. Soon they will have law about how I put the food into my mouth.
There are actually lots of laws about what you can put in your mouth. They’re called food handling certificates and licenses for restaurants. Also called Public Health endorsement. Licenses of grocery stores. Rules about what can be in prepared food. Lots of laws. Look it up.
Feb 8, 2017
466 posts
349 upvotes
hill15 wrote: 168 back in stock for free shipping at the moment.
Thank you! Got a couple. And thanks OP!
Jan 7, 2015
594 posts
504 upvotes
GVR
Is it not advised to replace a hardwired smoke detector with a battery operated one? I live in a condo.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4383 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
althanis wrote: There are actually lots of laws about what you can put in your mouth. They’re called food handling certificates and licenses for restaurants. Also called Public Health endorsement. Licenses of grocery stores. Rules about what can be in prepared food. Lots of laws. Look it up.
Is there law about how many times I need to chew before swallowing, yet?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9576 posts
7213 upvotes
Kootenays
CornPops wrote: Is it not advised to replace a hardwired smoke detector with a battery operated one? I live in a condo.
Actually, after reading about it in a previous thread, I checked with my insurance company (Westland Insurance). If you change out a hardwired detector with a battery powered unit, you're going against BC building codes which state that buildings must be built with hardwired detectors after a certain date. My buildings were built in 1996 and after. According to my insurance company, in the event of a loss, this will void your coverage! I was shocked, but went out and replaced the new lithium battery detectors which I had just installed.
Jan 7, 2015
594 posts
504 upvotes
GVR
smacd wrote: Actually, after reading about it in a previous thread, I checked with my insurance company (Westland Insurance). If you change out a hardwired detector with a battery powered unit, you're going against BC building codes which state that buildings must be built with hardwired detectors after a certain date. My buildings were built in 1996 and after. According to my insurance company, in the event of a loss, this will void your coverage! I was shocked, but went out and replaced the new lithium battery detectors which I had just installed.
That's very informative. Thank you so much. I'll look for a hardwired one instead.
Mar 17, 2014
825 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
does anyone know Nest smoke detector detects both kind of smokes?? im too lazy to google this, i prefer RFD forum knowledge replies than googles random all over the internet search!! RFD rocks!
Jan 24, 2011
696 posts
506 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Paulie1RFD wrote: I just bought these they other day... Hardwired and battery back up. Sale ends today. 40% off.

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/wire-in- ... lts%20page

I will definitely add more using OP posting. Can't go wrong with price!

How much did you pay for?
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 20$
Zoomer Wireless Cell + Data : Unlimited talk and text + 6 GB - 40$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Aug 31, 2004
523 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Went to Gloucester/Ottawa store, 55 in stock, not on shelf, nor is there an empty location on shelf. Staff checked overhead for O/S in 3 aisles, not located. Online no longer available, wlll order/P/U Bank St.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10505 posts
3044 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Temporel wrote: That's because deaths occurred with smoke detectors having dead or no battery in it.
Some people will readily buy beer and cigarettes but a 9V battery is too expensive...
If you have a ten year battery that people can't tamper with, you might save lives.
Do you also think that seat belts are a micro management of people's lives?
Well the thing is, it says that the smoke detectors are the removable kind lol, so nothing prevents someone from removing and tossing it out if there are too many false positives from the likes of ionization detectors in the kitchen or nearby bathroom...
You can also turn it off PERMANENTLY, eg on a Kidde, you have to break through the label in the back, so unless you install tamper proof ones.
https://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us ... alarm.html

Also, I've read many reviews of faulty lithium ion battery where the smoke alarm quits working after a year or two with no warning, I'll much rather have to replace the battery every 6-12 months and test at the same time because really, no one test theirs every month.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10505 posts
3044 upvotes
Montreal, QC
askmom wrote: Tidbit of advice from someone who got quite a scare recently. Moved into a house. First day, we tested both smoke alarms by pressing the test button. Both beeped. A few days later (in the middle of the night) our entire house was filled with smoke & neither detector went off. Took them both down, they looked very dated inside & obviously didn't work. Don't take the risk If in doubt, buy new ones. Test the ones you have with smoke as opposed to pressing the test button. We replaced everything with hardwired smoke/CO with battery backup, alarm/voice command. We also bought a fire extinguisher. Yes, it was expensive for worth it. Learn from our mistake.
Ionization smoke alarm best detects flash fire, not smouldering fire, it can take 15mins before they start chirping which could be too late, that's why you also want photoelectric or dual sensor ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4208 posts
1802 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Paulie1RFD wrote: I just bought these they other day... Hardwired and battery back up. Sale ends today. 40% off.

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/wire-in- ... lts%20page

I will definitely add more using OP posting. Can't go wrong with price!
Interesting, these use AA batteries. I'll check if my local HH will honour the price tomorrow. I need 2 hardwired combo units.
Jun 24, 2010
45 posts
66 upvotes
Kidde Hardwire Combination Smoke Detector with CO. Battery backup. Voice command. Interconnectable. I did research and tried to find the best one that I could to suit our needs but I am by no means an expert. I appreciate the comments that are trying to educate us further. Smoke and fire are terrifying. Thankfully we found the source before any damage was done. I agree with the other person who said when you move into a new place, don't rely on the previous owner.