Shopping Discussion

KIJIJI no longer sells tickets. Alternatives?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2019 3:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11861 posts
2289 upvotes
Toronto

KIJIJI no longer sells tickets. Alternatives?

They refer you to stubhub which is lame. Kijiji was great for local, non-mega tickets for various events. Craigslist, I don't think people really use here. Anybody find a good alternative?
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8547 posts
2322 upvotes
Mississauga
at1212b wrote: They refer you to stubhub which is lame. Kijiji was great for local, non-mega tickets for various events. Craigslist, I don't think people really use here. Anybody find a good alternative?
I use Vivid Seats.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36185 posts
10326 upvotes
Ottawa
Just Google "tickets for sale". You will get a million ways of getting them.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11861 posts
2289 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Just Google "tickets for sale". You will get a million ways of getting them.
I mean for 2nd hand. Usually they're more local with people not being able to make it so they sell them at a discount.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36185 posts
10326 upvotes
Ottawa
at1212b wrote: I mean for 2nd hand. Usually they're more local with people not being able to make it so they sell them at a discount.
Or buying from local scalpers :)
This is exactly the reason Kijjijji banned ticket sales.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Feb 3, 2019
178 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
I’m also looking for an alternative. I use to pick up cheap last minute tickets for random shows
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11861 posts
2289 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Or buying from local scalpers :)
I guess. But there were many cases where ppl couldn't make an event and would sell it there.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36185 posts
10326 upvotes
Ottawa
at1212b wrote: I guess. But there were many cases where ppl couldn't make an event and would sell it there.
yeah but there were obviously so many more scammers that made it impossible to manage.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4478 posts
2720 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
You can still post on Kijiji, you just risk getting your ad deleted and/or banned.

There's RFD buy/sell, and Facebook marketplace. Otherwise, it sucks that kijiji has removed the categories.
😱
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2757 posts
683 upvotes
Let's be honest. It was not removed because of scammers and fraud it was for more profit.

Look at who owns kajiji and Ebay and StubHub... all the same company. They did it to increase profits.
Oct 28, 2012
377 posts
123 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Was just looking to post some tickets since I can't make the show. Lo and Behold, I'm greeted with a big:

As of September 29, 2019, Kijiji no longer supports tickets.
To ensure our community has a great buying and selling experience, we encourage you to visit our partner StubHub to find and sell tickets with FanProtect™ guarantee.

I have no issue with resellers and with scalpers. I understand the need and the service. However, @Daf is EXACTLY right by saying this is a profit move, and certainly not a "morality" type move. So wack. All those anti-scalpers are getting played by the REAL pro scalpers... unfortunately I/we are caught in the wake
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5789 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Or buying from local scalpers :)
lol they didn't ban ticket sales because of scalpers... they banned ticket sales because all of these secondhand sales are competition to ebay and Kijiji owned StubHub.. they even direct you to stubhub to buy tickets.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36185 posts
10326 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote: lol they didn't ban ticket sales because of scalpers... they banned ticket sales because all of these secondhand sales are competition to ebay and Kijiji owned StubHub.. they even direct you to stubhub to buy tickets.
Perhaps but, there were so many scalpers and more insidious, scammers, they made a decision to remove ticket sales from Kijjijji. They could not be controlled and got too many complaints. hey have control with ebay and stubhub.
I would not be surprised if they remove vehicle sales as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
9063 posts
3368 upvotes
Mississauga
b0ne wrote: You can still post on Kijiji, you just risk getting your ad deleted and/or banned.

There's RFD buy/sell, and Facebook marketplace. Otherwise, it sucks that kijiji has removed the categories.
Facebook marketplace, officially, does not allow ticket sales either.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22032 posts
25657 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, it sucks. Now I use RFD, Craigslist, Letsgo, and Reddit to sell tickets
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5789 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Perhaps but, there were so many scalpers and more insidious, scammers, they made a decision to remove ticket sales from Kijjijji. They could not be controlled and got too many complaints. hey have control with ebay and stubhub.
I would not be surprised if they remove vehicle sales as well.
Lol how about everything else? People selling blacklisted phones? That is never getting banned.

That's the "official" reason they give you and you believe it?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36185 posts
10326 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote: Lol how about everything else? People selling blacklisted phones? That is never getting banned.

That's the "official" reason they give you and you believe it?
Get over yourself. They banned ticket sales period. They got so many complaints it was not worth it.
Did your tin foil hat fall off? Conspiracy theories bouncing around in there LOL
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11861 posts
2289 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: Yeah, it sucks. Now I use RFD, Craigslist, Letsgo, and Reddit to sell tickets
I've gotten tickets to a local beer festival in past years from people who couldn't make it. This isn't like some crazy rock or sporting event.

Can't seem to find any anywhere.
Nov 23, 2015
767 posts
449 upvotes
Winnipeg
at1212b wrote: I've gotten tickets to a local beer festival in past years from people who couldn't make it. This isn't like some crazy rock or sporting event.

Can't seem to find any anywhere.
Yeah, that is a pissoff. It's stuff like that which kijiji was good at... local stuff and smaller events that stubhub is just not geared towards.

Also, there is no way that kijiji was motivated by anything other than forcing people to pay fees for selling tickets via stubhub... if they were that worried about scammers they'd shut the entire website down.

It's too bad that craigslist hadn't taken root in Canadafirst so we wouldn't be saddled with that POS kijiji site.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7292 posts
2182 upvotes
T dot 6
This sucks. See sig.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck