• May 31st, 2020 12:14 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 16, 2011
905 posts
784 upvotes
NORTH YORK

Kijiji reviews

Two people bought stuff from me today. I went to leave a review for them and I find out that at least 7 message exchanges have to have been made. What a dumb rule. Sorry buyers I cannot leave a good review for you.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5828 posts
982 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I didn't even know on could leave reviews on Kijiji
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17771 posts
5704 upvotes
Toronto
The review system is useless anyways. No one cares.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6219 posts
3101 upvotes
Aurora
Yeah, I don't really don't use Kijiji reviews much. I just assume everyone on Kijiji is a piece of shit until proven otherwise. I find my transactions a lot more satisfying with that rule of thumb.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3613 posts
2478 upvotes
Toronto
It's a stupid feature anyway.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2694 posts
25508 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wish they would just delete the reviews and have a feedback system like the old school places have. Whenever I'm selling something digital, I always say I can send you over to my eBay or rfd feedback page. At least it's something, but haven't received a single review yet I don't think.
Mar 30, 2009
80 posts
1 upvote
GTA
I use it when I buy stuff. If someone has crap ratings then I usually pass.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2214 posts
1794 upvotes
GTA
warnabrotha wrote: I use it when I buy stuff. If someone has crap ratings then I usually pass.
You can't trust the reviews. You can only give a review after 7 messages. The transactions that go the smoothest and I have no trouble with have 3-5 messages. I find the more messages the more unreasonable, demanding the buyer is. Some of the bad reviews will be true but just as many will be from jerks that are mad that you didn't accept their low ball offer and won't deliver the item for free across town after answering multiple questions about the item.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
7075 posts
2669 upvotes
Markham
I think you need be more specific when you read reviews, for example, if someone has reviews like "not show up" and "item is not as described ", I usually pass. But if something like " unfair negotiation ",then I don't worry, like who knows whether it's fair or not, it's subjective
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2331 posts
1201 upvotes
Winnipeg
The reviews are better then nothing. Big thumbs down to people who ask for address then dont show up.
Feb 11, 2018
860 posts
743 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: The reviews are better then nothing. Big thumbs down to people who ask for address then dont show up.
This is done for a purpose; to harass you. Kijiji weasels figured that if they harass you enough you will eventually give up and sell at a lower price than what you wanted. I always put price non-negotiable and item is available if you can see ad. I immediately block anyone asking if item is available or offer a lower price. Doing this way I got rid of kijiji weasels.
"I would die for you" - B. Adams
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3335 posts
512 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
tew wrote: You can't trust the reviews. You can only give a review after 7 messages. The transactions that go the smoothest and I have no trouble with have 3-5 messages. I find the more messages the more unreasonable, demanding the buyer is. Some of the bad reviews will be true but just as many will be from jerks that are mad that you didn't accept their low ball offer and won't deliver the item for free across town after answering multiple questions about the item.
I find thats generally true. When you're selling the really strange people tend to ask a lot of questions. I've sold great deal of stuff over the last year since they started that review thing. I've had up to 150 items cycling through a couple of accounts. I've never given a review out myself, I couldn't be bothered, nor do i look at the buyer reviews. Kijiji wastes a lot of my time already with the constant requests to pay money for this or that through the app and then through email. Any time you change a price, ad another photo or edit an add the next load kijiji junk appears. Kijiji itself has sent me thousands of emails at this point. I don't even delete them, they just go to a couple of unused email addresses.

You'd think that the techs at kijiji could even at a minimum not send adds asking if you'd like to spend more on an advertisement or placement than the item is worth. Let alone multiple times the worth of an item! Then there's all the superfluous advertising. Too bad there no real local competition.
Sep 27, 2003
10044 posts
2652 upvotes
Newmarket
The other stat that is useless is the "reply rate". My reply rate is below 75% because of a lack of desire to feed the trolls.

Considering eBay owns Kijiji, you'd think they would know a thing or two about this.
RFD Forums Moderator
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5761 posts
1928 upvotes
If a person buys two of your items, will they be able to leave two reviews?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2214 posts
1794 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote: If a person buys two of your items, will they be able to leave two reviews?
I think it's based on the messages for each ad, so I would think so. Also they don't have to actually buy anything to leave a review.