Kijiji scammer (have photo)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2019 12:14 pm
Tags:
May 16, 2019
22 posts
2 upvotes

Kijiji scammer (have photo)

This guy is a scammer. I saw his ad on KIjiji selling a brand new S10 Plus, he insisted his phone is original from Samsung. As i am from Kingston, i asked my friend to buy it on behalf of me. Because the phone was sealed , my friend didn't open the phone to check. He also provided a receipt so my friend paid $750 for him without checking. Then shipped it to me. And when i opened the box, i was shocked, this is definitely a clone/version/fake version of the Samsung S10 Plus. I was so careless, so don't want anyone to be scammed like me anymore. If you see this guy or are going to buy something to him in the future please let me know or call the police. The number which he used to call me is: +16475578549. I am not sure is this his real number or he just used the TextNow app to create this number.
Images
  • 705C9AD1-EBC6-4256-8DAE-74FD95305EDF.jpeg
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7851 posts
8801 upvotes
Not much that you can do... Police won't care at all... They will just file a report and move on to more important things

$750 for brand new S10+ is obviously too good to be true... this is exactly why you never buy brand new phones on Kijiji, and certainly not sight-unseen.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Nothing new here...ALWAYS check before committing a purchase especially on KIJIJI.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3628 upvotes
Never trust anyone who wears socks and sandals
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
Asking others to buy for you is not a good idea in general, its not their money and they don't care. Buy a book is ok, but not for those electronics

Even not scam, but might be defect or whatever, they won't check carefully , they are just messanger
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4989 posts
29912 upvotes
Did you report it to Kijiji?

Technically what you should’ve done is had your friend ship it at the time of money exchange because if he didn’t give to him he could’ve done a bait and switch.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
true nigerian prince
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)