Shopping Discussion

Kijiji Scammers and General Idiots

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 7:06 pm
Tags:
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2018
101 posts
155 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Ya I know. I am open to reasonable offers but lowballers I hate. If the person asked for $80 I would have said ok. Sometimes I lead them on and say ok, then they keep messaging me and I never respond back.
Why bother with lowballers? They are never serious buyers anyway. If an item is reasonably priced, it will sell eventually. I had couple of BNIB leaf blowers and snowblowers that i was selling for profit at 20-30% below pre-tax on sale price. I had people all summer long lowballing me on the leaf blowers. As soon as leaves began to fall, buyers suddenly became serious. All my leaf blowers were sold in one week at asking. Something for the snowblowers, guess what happened when we got hit with snow storms.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
2755 posts
511 upvotes
Ontario
I will pay "cash"
As if I'm going to take Canadian tire money or a rubber check.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 25, 2005
2244 posts
1274 upvotes
Ottawa
carmaster wrote: LOL. Even in the ad shows $31.91+$41.20=$83 with tax. Not sure where he got $180 from? LOL.
He probably paid $100 for shipping. He could have gotten a gym membership for a year for the same cost.
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2018
101 posts
155 upvotes
CouponKindaGuy wrote: I will pay "cash"
As if I'm going to take Canadian tire money or a rubber check.
Probably they just copy & paste the line from 7 ways to haggle for the best bargain. :)
Member
Jan 16, 2008
312 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
Sid7643 wrote:
"$xxx cash and will pick up today." - I am not going to sell below asking even if you can come in 5 minutes.
are your post state firm price?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1614 posts
872 upvotes
Had a guy offer half price on an item that I will have zero problem selling at full price. I strung him along saying sure and he still made things difficult and wouldn't come pick it up (I was planning to no show). These Choosing Beggars, I swear
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28585 posts
1296 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Selling a cellphone sealed:

Buyer: take trades?
Me: thinking of Seinfeld episode with Kramer & "interesting trades considered", Sure
Buyer: Offers trade on a "1 week used" last year model phone, speaking about it as though there hasn't already been a replacement model that came out, calling his 'has the best camera on the market'.
Me: Not really., but I have the same phone that I'm using myself, I'd trade yours for mine.
Buyer:no I want new one. because *I think I'm special and people pay me for my opinions*...lol paraphrasing.
Me: I feel mine is better than yours., I'd only trade if you put cash on top.
Buyer: proceeds to offer 1/10th of what I suggested (I said $100, offered $10, LOL), continues on a masquerade of explanations of cellphone lifecycles, projected future parallels of the two phones...
*LMFAO*...I'm dying of laughter here by this point
Me: I just watched a video comparison of the two & decided I won't be happy with yours. I won't want to trade after all. Just new one for sale.
Buyer: Follow-up explanation about cellphone market valuations, (5 long sentences lol).
Me: Blocked.

I was dying of laughter by this point. I caught myself, because I was going to get into the philosophy & literal explanations of how buy & sells work. How trades work. You want something I want, make me take it. You attempting to explain to me business valuations is not the place or time. This isn't dragon's den & I'm not selling you on the valuation appraisal of my product. I don't want to trade. YOU DO. You're too cheap to pay for a sealed phone, instead want to peddle your garbage on me. I don't care what you "claim" the market is saying my product is worth. I'm tell you what I *FEEL*, yes FEEL my product is worth. If you have your arbitrary reasons why you don't want my MINT phone to trade but want my Sealed one for your 1 week (which may actually be 6months used, taken into toilets, God knows how much saliva & other bodily fluids infested with,) cellphone as a trade, you better believe I will tell you how much I feel I need cash on top.

If you don't want it, Move on.

This deals not for you. You trying to convince me otherwise isn't going to work LOL.

It was a good laugh.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
21316 posts
23715 upvotes
Toronto
@bubble.tea

Please post this part "Buyer: Follow-up explanation about cellphone market valuations, (5 long sentences lol)." It sounds awesome!
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28585 posts
1296 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
sprung wrote: @bubble.tea

Please post this part "Buyer: Follow-up explanation about cellphone market valuations, (5 long sentences lol)." It sounds awesome!
lol. seriously. don't troll me. haha. I can't without unblocking the conversation lol It's hidden. Hmm....wait, I can pull it from my email transcripts.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28585 posts
1296 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Me: Your phone plus cash
Troll: That would make your phone being worth $800 Because the Pixel 2 XL sells for $550-600 online. Plus the Note 8 sold for $600 sealed in box a month after it was launched on Kijiji. The pixel models sell for a higher value because they a pure google devices which get fast day one updates and have stock android. Best I could do is add $30 cash which makes it around same value, but pixel is still worth a bit higher than the note 8, so your getting the better end of the deal.. $200 cash won't happen because that would make your note 8 worth $800 which it is not.
Me: Just watched video. I won't be happy with your phone. Why do you say your 2XL "has the the best camera on the market, wouldn't it be 3XL or S10 maybe?"
Troll: Dude you have a note 8 which is a lower end device and is 3 generations down. The Pixel 3 XL is equivalent to the Note 10 coming soon as the pixel 3 line aligns to the S10 and note 10 line. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL align to the S9 and note 9 line. Your note 8 aligns to the original Pixel line.
*Doesn't wait for a reply*
Troll: By trading to this Pixel 2 XL your upgrading up and upgrading to a higher value. As the equal trade would be trading for the original Google Pixel XL generation before 2 XL. For me doing a equal trade would be me trading for the Samsung Note 9 is equal trade. If I need to include $200 with the trade I can get the note 10 coming soon. Or include $100 and get a Samsung S10 Plus.

Impressive actually.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 25, 2005
2244 posts
1274 upvotes
Ottawa
bubble.tea wrote: Me: Your phone plus cash
Troll: That would make your phone being worth $800 Because the Pixel 2 XL sells for $550-600 online. Plus the Note 8 sold for $600 sealed in box a month after it was launched on Kijiji. The pixel models sell for a higher value because they a pure google devices which get fast day one updates and have stock android. Best I could do is add $30 cash which makes it around same value, but pixel is still worth a bit higher than the note 8, so your getting the better end of the deal.. $200 cash won't happen because that would make your note 8 worth $800 which it is not.
Me: Just watched video. I won't be happy with your phone. Why do you say your 2XL "has the the best camera on the market, wouldn't it be 3XL or S10 maybe?"
Troll: Dude you have a note 8 which is a lower end device and is 3 generations down. The Pixel 3 XL is equivalent to the Note 10 coming soon as the pixel 3 line aligns to the S10 and note 10 line. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL align to the S9 and note 9 line. Your note 8 aligns to the original Pixel line.
*Doesn't wait for a reply*
Troll: By trading to this Pixel 2 XL your upgrading up and upgrading to a higher value. As the equal trade would be trading for the original Google Pixel XL generation before 2 XL. For me doing a equal trade would be me trading for the Samsung Note 9 is equal trade. If I need to include $200 with the trade I can get the note 10 coming soon. Or include $100 and get a Samsung S10 Plus.

Impressive actually.
Lol. With all the time he wasted analyzing the cell phone market, he could have done something productive and earned the money to buy your new phone.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19451 posts
6596 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
bubble.tea wrote: Me: Your phone plus cash
Troll: That would make your phone being worth $800 Because the Pixel 2 XL sells for $550-600 online. Plus the Note 8 sold for $600 sealed in box a month after it was launched on Kijiji. The pixel models sell for a higher value because they a pure google devices which get fast day one updates and have stock android. Best I could do is add $30 cash which makes it around same value, but pixel is still worth a bit higher than the note 8, so your getting the better end of the deal.. $200 cash won't happen because that would make your note 8 worth $800 which it is not.
Me: Just watched video. I won't be happy with your phone. Why do you say your 2XL "has the the best camera on the market, wouldn't it be 3XL or S10 maybe?"
Troll: Dude you have a note 8 which is a lower end device and is 3 generations down. The Pixel 3 XL is equivalent to the Note 10 coming soon as the pixel 3 line aligns to the S10 and note 10 line. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL align to the S9 and note 9 line. Your note 8 aligns to the original Pixel line.
*Doesn't wait for a reply*
Troll: By trading to this Pixel 2 XL your upgrading up and upgrading to a higher value. As the equal trade would be trading for the original Google Pixel XL generation before 2 XL. For me doing a equal trade would be me trading for the Samsung Note 9 is equal trade. If I need to include $200 with the trade I can get the note 10 coming soon. Or include $100 and get a Samsung S10 Plus.

Impressive actually.
I've been too burnt out on Kijiji people to even put an effort lately. I don't know if it's just a seasonal thing now, but the quality of the people has really gone into the shitter over this past winter.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1614 posts
872 upvotes
I'll try and keep this story short. I like to mess with egregious lowballers or general idiots.

I had a guy message me weeks back trying to trade a crappy laptop for an item I sell a number of. I could tell he was an idiot, but politely declined. After posting the item again recently, got the same copy pasted message from him, I told him he was genuinely the dumbest person to ever message me out of maybe a thousand and said worse. Posted a couple of new ads and got the same copy pasted message from him.

So I pretended I was interested in his laptop, I tell him I will be at a certain Starbucks at 10am. Well, he gets there early at 9 for some reason and after 10am I start abusing him by email for wasting my time and presumably countless others with this idiotic copy pasted message trying to swap a laptop (this guy is such a bad salesman, he never listed the model of laptop or even provided photos. Described it as grey Face With Rolling Eyes ).

Despite abusing him through email and telling him I was never interested in his laptop and no one will ever be, he still hung around the Starbucks until 12:30pm thinking I was still coming.

Later in the day, he messaged me saying that he was still interested in the item.

This guy really takes the cake for dumbest person on Kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 6, 2011
5862 posts
1369 upvotes
GTA
Diafel wrote: I'll try and keep this story short. I like to mess with egregious lowballers or general idiots.

I had a guy message me weeks back trying to trade a crappy laptop for an item I sell a number of. I could tell he was an idiot, but politely declined. After posting the item again recently, got the same copy pasted message from him, I told him he was genuinely the dumbest person to ever message me out of maybe a thousand and said worse. Posted a couple of new ads and got the same copy pasted message from him.

So I pretended I was interested in his laptop, I tell him I will be at a certain Starbucks at 10am. Well, he gets there early at 9 for some reason and after 10am I start abusing him by email for wasting my time and presumably countless others with this idiotic copy pasted message trying to swap a laptop (this guy is such a bad salesman, he never listed the model of laptop or even provided photos. Described it as grey Face With Rolling Eyes ).

Despite abusing him through email and telling him I was never interested in his laptop and no one will ever be, he still hung around the Starbucks until 12:30pm thinking I was still coming.

Later in the day, he messaged me saying that he was still interested in the item.

This guy really takes the cake for dumbest person on Kijiji.
Maybe the guy is just, senile?

This reminded me this one guy kept spamming me whether my USB Wifi could take his 4G SIM....

Top