• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 7:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1363 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MastaOogway wrote: problem is they don't low ball you first. They ask a bunch of question. Like why are you selling it, how long have you had it. Then how low will you go etc... its fine. It is what it is. Not hard making a new account.
Question: do you guys care why people are selling things? I've been doing transactions on Kijiji and elsewhere for 10 years, and I've never asked why someone is selling something. I just go with the obvious: they don't need it anymore, or they need the cash more.

I also sold an iPhone XS Max with AppleCare+ until October 2020. Context clues should make the reason for the sale obvious: it was clearly bought not too long after it launched and is being sold a year later; clearly I'm selling it to upgrade. Yet I had this dude meet up with me at the Apple Store and grill me about the reason for the sale before purchasing, despite being provided with the receipts and all warranty info.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1488 posts
1595 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Question: do you guys care why people are selling things? I've been doing transactions on Kijiji and elsewhere for 10 years, and I've never asked why someone is selling something. I just go with the obvious: they don't need it anymore, or they need the cash more.

I also sold an iPhone XS Max with AppleCare+ until October 2020. Context clues should make the reason for the sale obvious: it was clearly bought not too long after it launched and is being sold a year later; clearly I'm selling it to upgrade. Yet I had this dude meet up with me at the Apple Store and grill me about the reason for the sale before purchasing, despite being provided with the receipts and all warranty info.

i see it as a way for them to try to figure out if its legit or stolen etc. But like who would ever be like "why are you selling it" answer because its stolen and im trying to get rid of it. Like come on.
Mar 29, 2007
833 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: My new rule is don't waste time with lowballers. Simple as that.
Same. Usually people who lowball are the same people who end up wasting your time and it's better not to deal with them at all.
Feb 4, 2011
494 posts
284 upvotes
luvdeals1 wrote: Literacy is optional on kijijji. Love when people use “man”, “boss” or “chief”.
All those keywords point to one specific ________, with whom i refuse to do business. Oh I can't use that word, else my post will be deleted.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9016 posts
2557 upvotes
London
luvdeals1 wrote: Just when you think that humanity can’t sink any lower, you get this.....

I can’t imagine a single solitary person responding so why would the loser poster waste their time writing this??

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-stuff/city ... ios_social
Whenever someone wants something for nothing I look what else they are selling and ask for that for free, and see what they say.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1613 posts
871 upvotes
Can someone review if you send just one message to them?

edit: seems to be a no. Also interesting that you can't seem to review on PC, only mobile.
Last edited by Diafel on Jan 6th, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2007
232 posts
207 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: Whenever someone wants something for nothing I look what else they are selling and ask for that for free, and see what they say.
I almost replied to his ad where he's selling sneakers for $200 with, "Hey bro, are you feeling generous to give these to me for free?"
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10720 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
luvdeals1 wrote: Just when you think that humanity can’t sink any lower, you get this.....

I can’t imagine a single solitary person responding so why would the loser poster waste their time writing this??

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-stuff/city ... ios_social
Everyone watching this thread should all set a date and time to reply all at the same time with different amounts asking where to send money to
Nov 11, 2019
4 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone ever had this happen to them? Its a first for me... the guy didn't lowball, he asked for free! Whats next? Asking for money to take the item?
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 2.07.31 PM.png
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17571 posts
2213 upvotes
Out west
suckatkijiji wrote: Anyone ever had this happen to them? Its a first for me... the guy didn't lowball, he asked for free! Whats next? Asking for money to take the item?
Ive been asked to deliver free stuff before. Ive also been reported on a site that I didnt leave all the free stuff out, so they complained and wanted reimbursed for their time
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13562 posts
3656 upvotes
GTA
suckatkijiji wrote: Anyone ever had this happen to them? Its a first for me... the guy didn't lowball, he asked for free! Whats next? Asking for money to take the item?
LOL now that you responded 3x he is gonna leave you a 1 star review.
Nov 11, 2019
4 posts
9 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: LOL now that you responded 3x he is gonna leave you a 1 star review.
He was nice about it and later offered to pay for the item, but I don't wanna deal with a guy who would most likely show up with $10. He didnt leave me a review. I found another buyer already willing to pay full price.
Kijiji reviews are the best new thing.
As for the username, their used to be a website, yousuckatkijiji