Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
Terabithia wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy
lmao
are you him?
dealz4all wrote: Haha...the cat is out..lol
Jimmykirky wrote: Yeah from a binary perspective makes sense. Boop beep boop “person said X but context doesn’t matter” beep boop beep does not compute
This thread is gold Face With Tears Of Joy
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
submarine wrote: Well this was a first for me. Someone messaged me, was visibly upset, and asked me to take down my ad because it wasn't fair of me to undercut him Face With Tears Of Joy
That also happened to me years ago when I was selling Le Creuset cookware and they demanded that I remove my ad.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Jan 16, 2008
345 posts
137 upvotes
Chatham
submarine wrote: Well this was a first for me. Someone messaged me, was visibly upset, and asked me to take down my ad because it wasn't fair of me to undercut him Face With Tears Of Joy
Should have ask him/her to buy it, then the add would be removed. Winking Face The nerve of some people.
Feb 4, 2011
705 posts
489 upvotes
It will be surprising to know how low people can go with their ego. I had experienced people posting fake ads on the same items I am selling but priced less than 50%, just because I refused to budge to their lowball offering. Google image search identified the pictures from different postings across countries including ebay.
May 22, 2007
624 posts
768 upvotes
That's a new low if people are salty enough to resort to crap like that.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
dealz4all wrote: It will be surprising to know how low people can go with their ego. I had experienced people posting fake ads on the same items I am selling but priced less than 50%, just because I refused to budge to their lowball offering. Google image search identified the pictures from different postings across countries including ebay.
Make another account, or get a friend, to email and offer to buy it. If they can't seem you the item, report the ad as a scam. Not that reporting is foolproof, but it lets you know for sure if they are doing what you think at least.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
HghSsociety wrote: If it was that popular, you would have sold it already at your asking price and not still have it 2 weeks later.

Something popular and 25% off comparable ads should not sit for 2 weeks.
Nowadays if you receive pickup offer at ask, it's likely you've underpriced. The demographics and the algo changed so much in last few years.

Further, popular items these days only means you would waste the most time to entertain the worst crowd for the lowest revenue. For turnover you want commitment and KJJ is no longer the pool to source people who could commit.

I've sold many items on KJJ that I couldn't have imagine would sell (vintage electronics) to collectors/hobbyists who are still willing to consider "making the market" for non-life essential items in the post-Covid world. So my only rationale strategy is to hold onto the price until the minority of the population would show up and offer to negotiate.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
BernardRyder wrote: Make another account, or get a friend, to email and offer to buy it. If they can't seem you the item, report the ad as a scam. Not that reporting is foolproof, but it lets you know for sure if they are doing what you think at least.
It's a victimless crime...One fake posting might bring more clicks/ad revenue to the platform and one more chance for exposure for competing sellers. The platform also fetch a higher valuation from the capital markets aka Letgo.

This is a structure that encourages everyone to cheat and if you don't you become the net loser until you quit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
LongLiveRFD wrote: It's a victimless crime...One fake posting might bring more clicks/ad revenue to the platform and one more chance for exposure for competing sellers. The platform also fetch a higher valuation from the capital markets aka Letgo.

This is a structure that encourages everyone to cheat and if you don't you become the net loser until you quit.
Very true, little reason to quickly remove a scam ad, or pay to commit people to keeping an eye on things. Even fake ads can generate revenue so why bother.
c'mon get happy!
Jan 31, 2016
343 posts
215 upvotes
Ontario
Has Kijiji disabled that wretched review function? It doesn't seem to show the option to review any more.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
ludwig3 wrote: Has Kijiji disabled that wretched review function? It doesn't seem to show the option to review any more.
3 days ago, I just received one after I deleted a listing after a trade completed.
After that, I didn't receive further review even though I had been able to complete 2 more trades.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Nov 24, 2017
178 posts
76 upvotes
So no reviews any longer?

My experience has usually been pretty good with people. You know ahead of time if someone is worth your time or not.

Had one person offer me less than 1/2 my asking price on an item a few weeks ago with a story that it was for charity.
I didn't bother to reply.

A few days later made an offer. Too low, we renegotiated and he was $20 short of my offer. ( very fair on my end)
He said no, I said fine, thanks for the interest. Take care.
Asked me to get in touch if I changed my mind to which I replied, thank you but I wont be.
He let me know if he changed his he would be in touch.

24 hours later he wants the item, we arrange to meet.
I check out his ratings and they were very poor for the most part.
Drives up and tries to offer me the amount I had refused earlier.
Gave me a story as to how I should as it cost him gas to get here.
Said thank you, goodbye, was polite, but I was not here to renegotiate and sent him on his way.

I knew he was going to be a problem from his first message to me.

I didn't see anywhere that I could leave a review.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
SB4Deals wrote: So no reviews any longer?

My experience has usually been pretty good with people. You know ahead of time if someone is worth your time or not.

Had one person offer me less than 1/2 my asking price on an item a few weeks ago with a story that it was for charity.
I didn't bother to reply.

A few days later made an offer. Too low, we renegotiated and he was $20 short of my offer. ( very fair on my end)
He said no, I said fine, thanks for the interest. Take care.
Asked me to get in touch if I changed my mind to which I replied, thank you but I wont be.
He let me know if he changed his he would be in touch.

24 hours later he wants the item, we arrange to meet.
I check out his ratings and they were very poor for the most part.
Drives up and tries to offer me the amount I had refused earlier.
Gave me a story as to how I should as it cost him gas to get here.
Said thank you, goodbye, was polite, but I was not here to renegotiate and sent him on his way.

I knew he was going to be a problem from his first message to me.

I didn't see anywhere that I could leave a review.
I think if you mark the ad as sold then you can rate and re list
Nov 24, 2017
178 posts
76 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: I think if you mark the ad as sold then you can rate and re list
Good to know. Thank you. Not sure I am comfortable with the review system. Although this fellow deserved a poor one, everyone can have a bad day. Well, perhaps not him but other people. What was good about it was that his poor ratings confirmed my initial impression of him.
Jan 31, 2016
343 posts
215 upvotes
Ontario
h2o- wrote: 3 days ago, I just received one after I deleted a listing after a trade completed.
After that, I didn't receive further review even though I had been able to complete 2 more trades.
That's strange. My transaction was made 3 weeks ago, but I haven't received any notification about leaving feedback.
XtremeModder wrote: I think if you mark the ad as sold then you can rate and re list
We are still talking about Kijiji, not ebay, right?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Yes, the review system appears totally random. I online chatted with a few agents and they did not seem to know what's going on. All they did is ask me to create another list if I need to be reviewed or review someone else.
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
I was told to check the notification page on Kijiji web (not sure you can do the same on mobile app) after a transaction is closed and the listing is deleted.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
Yes the review method changed a while ago, at least a month by now. Once you sell, you choose who you sold it to and it should start the review process. I've been able to give a review from the Kijiji app, but it doesn't seem to trigger every time. Maybe the other person in the transaction has to agree to review also?
I still prefer this to how it was before, 7 unique messages between two people would trigger a review. That's how I got a 1-star review, from some jerk who didn't get the free item I listed.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11769 upvotes
GTA
BernardRyder wrote: Yes the review method changed a while ago, at least a month by now. Once you sell, you choose who you sold it to and it should start the review process. I've been able to give a review from the Kijiji app, but it doesn't seem to trigger every time. Maybe the other person in the transaction has to agree to review also?
I still prefer this to how it was before, 7 unique messages between two people would trigger a review. That's how I got a 1-star review, from some jerk who didn't get the free item I listed.
This is better but still very flawed. If it only allows you to review who you sold the item to then the reviews will be 99% good. How can you review and let others know about no shows and other jerks? At least if you see good reviews for a person then it's likely ok to deal with them. You may still have to deal with no shows with no way to review them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
tew wrote: This is better but still very flawed. If it only allows you to review who you sold the item to then the reviews will be 99% good. How can you review and let others know about no shows and other jerks? At least if you see good reviews for a person then it's likely ok to deal with them. You may still have to deal with no shows with no way to review them.
Agreed but I can't see a perfect system. You can get people rating you who have beef, or had no interaction but wasted your time with messages, or as my friend experienced sellers who say 5-star me now please and he agreed out of kindness and maybe naivete to Kijiji in general, then found the item faulty. The best idea might be no rating? Then you have no idea who is who of course. But it seemed almost easier before ratings at all, lol.
c'mon get happy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)