Kijiji Scammers and General Idiots

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 6:42 pm
Tags:
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6147 posts
2072 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: If you sell on Kijiji, when you go to delete your ad it will ask why and then you can choose who you sold it to from all the people that messaged you. Then it will allow them to rate you and you them. You can also bypass offering the buyer the opportunity to rate if you choose, but obviously you can't rate them either.
Before it was 7 unique messages between the two parties allowed a rating. Which is how the f***face who didn't even bother to pick up the item was able to rate me. I didn't rate him at all, to me it was just another random exchange with a random person.
Nope, I chose who I sold it to but it wouldn't allow me to rate them.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2404 posts
2527 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote: Nope, I chose who I sold it to but it wouldn't allow me to rate them.
Well I don't know what is different from your end, I've been able to use the new procedure twice already in the last week, so the system is in place. Did you check your notifications or the email linked to your account?
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13061 posts
7131 upvotes
Toronto
so many time wasters.

FB Marketplace this time

My ad clearly has the item listed, price is firm, link provided to show the retail price to compare to.

Clearly has my location posted in the app and in the description including closest intersection.

It also says "if you're reading this ad, it's available"

Buyer: "Is this available?".

Me: "yes"

Buyer: "lowest price?"

Me: "asking price is listed, price is firm".

Buyer: offers 75% of FIRM asking price.

Me: "sorry, price is firm, i will take 90% picked up".

Buyer: offers 80%.

Me: "fine, picked up, let me know when you're coming"

Buyer: "what's your location, major intersection?"

Me: "it's in the ad....location is......"

Buyer: "too far for me, I'm in Mississauga".

WTF ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME FOR ?

:facepalm:
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19395 posts
6473 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Swerny wrote: so many time wasters.

FB Marketplace this time

My ad clearly has the item listed, price is firm, link provided to show the retail price to compare to.

Clearly has my location posted in the app and in the description including closest intersection.

It also says "if you're reading this ad, it's available"

Me: "asking price is listed, price is firm".

Buyer: offers 75% of FIRM asking price.

Me: "sorry, price is firm, i will take 90% picked up".

Buyer: offers 80%.

Me: "fine, picked up, let me know when you're coming"

Buyer: "what's your location, major intersection?"

Me: "it's in the ad....location is......"

Buyer: "too far for me, I'm in Mississauga".

WTF ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME FOR ?

:facepalm:
You kind of defeated your whole firmness argument as soon as you caved to 90%.
Nov 24, 2015
965 posts
676 upvotes
Durham Region
plymouthhater wrote: [*]Idiots who ask if it has a grass catcher bag - to quote my son "Idiot don't you think I would have mentioned it and added to the photo's if it came with it?"
Pretty much every time I sell a cordless power tool, picture shows tool only, description say tool only, and somehow idiots always ask “does it come with battery and charger”.... ugh
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8211 posts
1905 upvotes
Mississauga
BinaryJay wrote: You kind of defeated your whole firmness argument as soon as you caved to 90%.
Was just going to say that. He's part of the problem why people know the price is never firm.
Apr 1, 2015
782 posts
441 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
vivibaby wrote: Nope, I chose who I sold it to but it wouldn't allow me to rate them.
When was the last time you did this? This is a new feature. My last deal was two weeks ago and I don't recall seeing any review notifications. Instead I was asked to rate during deletion.
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13061 posts
7131 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote:
You kind of defeated your whole firmness argument as soon as you caved to 90%.
Avenger wrote: Was just going to say that. He's part of the problem why people know the price is never firm.
The price in this case wasn't the main issue.

It was a seasonal item and i wasn't even expecting an offer from the buyer.

I decided to move it for 80%....the point of the matter is people don't read the ads and waste my time.

In this case, the location. He never should have even inquired based on that alone.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2404 posts
2527 upvotes
GTA
Terabithia wrote: When was the last time you did this? This is a new feature. My last deal was two weeks ago and I don't recall seeing any review notifications. Instead I was asked to rate during deletion.
Hmmm, upon further review, maybe you didn't get asked to rate them. I just sold something and when deleting the ad went through the same process. This time it just deleted my ad, it didn't offer for me to review them.
Right now I was using Chrome on a Chromebook. Previously I think I used the app from my Android phone. Really odd.
c'mon get happy!
Feb 4, 2011
479 posts
264 upvotes
Swerny wrote:

I would have stopped responding after "lowest price". I know how it would end.
Dec 8, 2009
413 posts
387 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: You kind of defeated your whole firmness argument as soon as you caved to 90%.
This is why people like that exist in the first place. They know some people will cave and offer them a lower price no matter what the ad says.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1120 posts
1440 upvotes
Canada, eh?
TempletonPeck wrote: This is why people like that exist in the first place. They know some people will cave and offer them a lower price no matter what the ad says.
Sadly, even if the seller did agree to a lower price after at first saying its firm. The buyer will probably try and do a last minute lowball upon meet up,.
Easier to just ignore entirely.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6112 posts
1400 upvotes
Richmond Hill
secretalcoholic wrote: Sadly, even if the seller did agree to a lower price after at first saying its firm. The buyer will probably try and do a last minute lowball upon meet up,.
Easier to just ignore entirely.
yup, one reason to do the meet up convenient to seller, wasting less time and gas for the seller if buyer decides to do that
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2404 posts
2527 upvotes
GTA
yesstyle wrote: yup, one reason to do the meet up convenient to seller, wasting less time and gas for the seller if buyer decides to do that
Yes and do it somewhere near a bank or convenience store or somewhere that can make change.
Once I had a buyer that agreed to the price of $25. He meets up with me with a $20 and some loose change. That should be good enough he says, smiling. I was like Nope, $25 like we agreed. Then he's like But, But, that's all I have.
I point to the bank right across from us.
He went to his car and miraculously found the correct change.
c'mon get happy!
Jan 19, 2007
950 posts
426 upvotes
Torontario
yesstyle wrote: yup, one reason to do the meet up convenient to seller, wasting less time and gas for the seller if buyer decides to do that
By default as seller I always specify "pick-up only" exactly for that reason.