• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 4:26 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2669 posts
2847 upvotes
GTA
U4LIFE wrote: I get he posted a link to not the exact same card, but I do believe he was trying to help. unless your 1050ti is something real special, used its not worth more than 80-100 tops. Now I dont know what you are asking, but I assume its more since you are making fun of his suggestion. Curious, what are you selling the 1050ti for and can you help me understand your pricing strategy?

Too often I notice sellers are unrealistic and msg them just to help. Obviously nobody likes to have that pointed out, but sometimes a reality check is needed.
On Kijiji, there are tons of items sold at ridiculous prices. I get what you're saying but I'd never go out of my way to point it out unless I was looking to buy from that person, and in that case there are often more sellers with more reasonable prices anyway, so really why bother. The reality check might hit them months later, assuming they haven't found a buyer.
I do message people to be helpful, like once I was selling a PS3 and someone asked if it was the 60gb hardware backwards compatible one. I told the buyer no, but do be cautious which one of those you buy because of the high failure rate, and best of luck.
c'mon get happy!
Aug 21, 2020
23 posts
11 upvotes
Shoppersbeermart wrote: In my experience, Facebook marketplace is as bad as kijiji, maybe worse. Tons of low ballers. The only thing is people are a little friendlier with a picture and profile.

And on marketplace you can report the ads if it’s a scam or you don’t get a response, and they’re actually taken down
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18442 posts
6466 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question is there any tool out that like a UV pen that allows you to check bills quickly to make sure they are not fake? I know the security features of the notes but if someone hands you 10- $20 bills is there a quick way to check them?
Jun 4, 2018
303 posts
199 upvotes
Windsor/Essex Ontari…
carmaster wrote: Quick question is there any tool out that like a UV pen that allows you to check bills quickly to make sure they are not fake? I know the security features of the notes but if someone hands you 10- $20 bills is there a quick way to check them?
Canadian bills are made of polymer, a thin flexible plastic and not paper. UV pens are for paper.

If you want to learn how to spot fake Canadian currency:

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/heres-how- ... -of-canada
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1343 posts
424 upvotes
GTA
I was selling an older iPad for $80, a lady met me a Sherway Gardens Mall. At first she says she doesn't have cash on her. I said, Okay.. eTransfer and Ill make sure its in my account before you leave. She said she wanted to go home first to send the transfer on the computer. I said, NO... either takeout cash or ETransfer first please. Suddenly she handed $80 over and I left. Like seriously? You want to go home first and send a transfer? Makes no sense!
May 22, 2007
236 posts
211 upvotes
ericlewis91 wrote: I was selling an older iPad for $80, a lady met me a Sherway Gardens Mall. At first she says she doesn't have cash on her. I said, Okay.. eTransfer and Ill make sure its in my account before you leave. She said she wanted to go home first to send the transfer on the computer. I said, NO... either takeout cash or ETransfer first please. Suddenly she handed $80 over and I left. Like seriously? You want to go home first and send a transfer? Makes no sense!
Makes no sense for an honest person.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12304 posts
20084 upvotes
My ignore list is growing larger than the population of my town .......
Banned
May 3, 2020
77 posts
73 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: The dreaded Week 7 messages, lol

Listing on Kijiji is free, but lowballers seems to think that at Week 7, you're probably starved out of house and home because you didn't sell that PS4 game you listed at $30. Clearly you're ripe for a $10 offer at that point.
Listing on Kijiji is not free, unless you value your time at $0.
But then again, it definitely makes sense that said person would hold on to a PS4 video game for 7 weeks in the first place, for a measly $30, rather than take $15 and moving on with their life.

I never understood why people list items for less then $50 and put "firm" or "not desperate to sell" and then hold on to it like it's some golden nugget... Donate it... shit, throw it in the garbage. Maybe decluttering your life will make you a better person.

This thread is 217pages of people whining that their trash on FaceBook and Kijijij was low-balled by a few dollars.... I thought I would read some real stories of stupidity. I don't know what's sadder in life: holding on to a $30 item for dear life and getting all riled up at a low-ball, or posting in this thread.
Oct 20, 2016
197 posts
378 upvotes
Jimmykirky wrote: Listing on Kijiji is not free, unless you value your time at $0.
But then again, it definitely makes sense that said person would hold on to a PS4 video game for 7 weeks in the first place, for a measly $30, rather than take $15 and moving on with their life.

I never understood why people list items for less then $50 and put "firm" or "not desperate to sell" and then hold on to it like it's some golden nugget... Donate it... shit, throw it in the garbage. Maybe decluttering your life will make you a better person.

This thread is 217pages of people whining that their trash on FaceBook and Kijijij was low-balled by a few dollars.... I thought I would read some real stories of stupidity. I don't know what's sadder in life: holding on to a $30 item for dear life and getting all riled up at a low-ball, or posting in this thread.
Some people are frugal penny pinchers or they're living paycheck to paycheck and $50 could mean the difference between buying groceries for themselves/their family or eating ramen, rice and beans. Or maybe they've fallen on hard times thanks to this global pandemic and now they have to sell most of their things to make rent or other bills. Not everyone is so privileged in life to donate or give away their unwanted possessions for free.

Also, just because someone has listed something on Kijiji for sale doesn't mean they urgently want to sell it ASAP. Some people have no problem being very patient until the right buyer comes along willing to pay their price. If it's been languishing in their home unused for 6 months, or years even, then what is another 7 weeks? You don't have to waste time answering lowballers, just ignore them and spend 30 secs - 2 mins every other day answering those that seem truly interested and willing to pay asking price (or slightly less than).
Banned
May 3, 2020
77 posts
73 upvotes
LouZefurr wrote: Some people are frugal penny pinchers or they're living paycheck to paycheck and $50 could mean the difference between buying groceries for themselves/their family or eating ramen, rice and beans. Or maybe they've fallen on hard times thanks to this global pandemic and now they have to sell most of their things to make rent or other bills. Not everyone is so privileged in life to donate or give away their unwanted possessions for free.

Also, just because someone has listed something on Kijiji for sale doesn't mean they urgently want to sell it ASAP. Some people have no problem being very patient until the right buyer comes along willing to pay their price. If it's been languishing in their home unused for 6 months, or years even, then what is another 7 weeks? You don't have to waste time answering lowballers, just ignore them and spend 30 secs - 2 mins every other day answering those that seem truly interested and willing to pay asking price (or slightly less than).
If you’re at the point of selling your possessions cause you’re hungry, you ain’t waiting an extra week for $8 more.
Not everyone is so privileged to wait around for months to get that perfect price!

I don’t disagree with the general idea but if you’re criticizing low ballers for low balling doesn’t the exact same ideology apply to the low baller?

Maybe someone is low balling you cause they are hungry and by saving $29 on that video game they can buy something more for their kid??

It’s interesting how people are claiming people that low ball them are idiots yet you just wrote a story about a global pandemic and how people are on hard times? (that works both ways).

So what’s that single mom doing with 2 kids that needs to keep them entertained and low balls you $15 for a $30 video game but you’re so privileged that you’re waiting for $22 to sell???
You don’t see something wrong with that though...
In fact based on the consensus of This thread, that mom low balling you $15 on $30 item is a completely idiot on your books..

It’s just commical.

Anyway it’s just funny to me that you’re stories about kijjiii idiots are legitimately decent offers for garbage.
Yet we barely hear any good stories about that guy that shows up agrees to a price and tries to haggle u at the end.
Most of you have made mountains out of molehills cause u got low balled $9 lol
I guess I’m still entertained though
Last edited by Jimmykirky on Sep 27th, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
May 3, 2020
77 posts
73 upvotes
Back in January I was selling a bunch of video games. I had 6 up for sale, wanted to sell them as a bundle.
I had listed them for $50.
A kid emailed me and asked if they could get it for $30.
I said sure.
their mom called me that evening to arrange pickup details. She sent her husband from mississuaga during the work day (after his meeting was done) and we met downtown (I ran out for a coffee at a Tims) and he picked it up from me.
Nice guy to pick up the video games for his son, driving in traffic/etc to meet in DT Toronto.
In this case, this story is not about the kiijijiijjiji idiot, but me being the iditio giving almost a 50% discount!! I just wanted the stack of video games gone.
Well funny story, with that $30, I then went and bought lunch for my colleagues in the path. (3 of us).
That $30 wasn't even enough.
Jokes on me.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6264 posts
2097 upvotes
Jimmykirky wrote: Back in January I was selling a bunch of video games. I had 6 up for sale, wanted to sell them as a bundle.
I said sure.
their mom called me that evening to arrange pickup details. She sent her husband from mississuaga during the work day (after his meeting was done) and we met downtown (I ran out for a coffee at a Tims) and he picked it up from me.
Nice guy to pick up the video games for his son, driving in traffic/etc to meet in DT Toronto.
In this case, this story is not about the kiijijiijjiji idiot, but me being the iditio giving almost a 50% discount!! I just wanted the stack of video games gone.
Well funny story, with that $30, I then went and bought lunch for my colleagues in the path. (3 of us).
Jokes on me.
Should've given your colleagues 2 games each.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2786 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
Jimmykirky wrote: Back in January I was selling a bunch of video games. I had 6 up for sale, wanted to sell them as a bundle.
I said sure.
Jokes on me.
Curious, why didn't you donate the games instead?? Since $50 under isnt worth your time??
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2669 posts
2847 upvotes
GTA
LouZefurr wrote: Some people are frugal penny pinchers or they're living paycheck to paycheck and $50 could mean the difference between buying groceries for themselves/their family or eating ramen, rice and beans. Or maybe they've fallen on hard times thanks to this global pandemic and now they have to sell most of their things to make rent or other bills. Not everyone is so privileged in life to donate or give away their unwanted possessions for free.

I've given stuff for free, practically on a biweekly basis, for a while now. Posted one crappy experience I had a few pages back with an idiot who confused "free" with "owed".
Yet somehow that post, and a few others like it, get ignored to make a rant post, state everyone here is a hoarder, and that we've denied some hypothetical poor person. Interesting how people here share real situations with details, and they can all be invalidated with base conjecture, backed with a personal experience that doesn't fully relate to the same situation or with what everyone else is sharing.

And you don't need to explain anything. It's a sad day when someone has to justify to anyone why they didn't just give their stuff away for free on Kijiji or toss it. Gotta spell stuff out in crayon, logic no longer applies.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10725 posts
1870 upvotes
Toronto
U4IA wrote: Kijiji sales have been really slow lately... and the amount of low ball offers has kept increasing. I can handle a couple, but some are just ridiculous

Almost most of my higher priced items have been shipped and e-transfer. Might as well go back to ebay if that keeps happening.

I see a few mentioning facebook, certainly seems stuff moves pretty fast from what I've been tracking.
People are starting to run out of savings and CERB isn't enough to cover anything extra other than the necessities so the low balling will get worse.

I've had people msg me for console repairs asking if I can knock my most requested repair from 65 to 50.

Nope, I never negotiate on the price unless your bringing me multiple devices or have a device that needs multiple repairs.

Theres 2 kinds of service providers or sellers, 1 are the ones who really need the $, these types will haggle the prices, the other are the ones like me who are financially ok and don't need to and won't haggle on the price.

I have nothing against those who try to haggle on a price, it's the nature of this type of thing but the ones who get angry about it or basically ask for 80% off can go elsewhere.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

kevinyvr