• Feb 6th, 2020 9:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3380 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto

King Bed Custom Order

I ordered a custom bed to be made. The order stated it would be king size. King size is 80 inches by 76 inches. However, for whatever reason it was made to be 81.75 inches by 77.5 inches leaving a gap on each side of the bed.
Q1. Is this reasonable or am I nit picking.

Also, they selected a piece of wood with a noticeable discoloration that doesn't seem to absorb the stain. When you look at it your eye gravitates towards it. Picture enclosed and discoloration is on the bottom right side.
Q2. Again am I being too picky?
Images
  • 20200204_185223(4).jpg
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8738 posts
4356 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Might be slightly oversized so you can tuck in sheets. Preferred at least where you're not using a box spring.

As for Q2, either it's the look or the mill glaze wasn't sanded, or surface prepped otherwise.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12129 posts
7307 upvotes
Paris
They didn’t book match any of the wood in those inset panels. I can see where each panel ends and the next begins for every one. Was this a “lowest price” situation?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3364 posts
939 upvotes
Ancaster
OP that little mark is distracting, but once the bed is made and the pillows & throw pillows are on it you won't see that mark.

Better that it down low than up high.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2265 posts
2554 upvotes
Toronto
If your frame is slightly larger I wouldn't worry about it too much seeing two mattresses with the same nominal size may still have slightly different dimensions, due to manufacturing tolerances, amount of padding, and support type. So if a bit of tolerance isn't built into things you might have a bigger concern.

For the wood staining I looks to be the real concern, dont know the solution however especially since it was custom and likely not replaceable with another boxed unit.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.