Automotive

Kirkland batteries no longer on Costco's website.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2021 3:30 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 26, 2009
5142 posts
4877 upvotes
GTA

Kirkland batteries no longer on Costco's website.

Searched 5 different cars and only Energizer batteries are available, both standard and AGM. Not sure if they are discontinuing Kirkland batteries or this is Covid related shortage. I was planning on getting one Kirkland before the winter.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15096 upvotes
You can easily buy them in-store. TBH I'm not sure I ever saw them online but I know the overpriced AGMs are.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9067 posts
2367 upvotes
They have them in-store. I actually just bought a new Kirkland battery for my car last weekend from Costco and the battery racks were quite full, definitely no stock shortage in that store at least. Also most of the batteries there including the one I bought had a QC sticker of 8/21 so they were manufactured this month.

They also had a couple of Energizer AGM batteries in stock too.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Feb 1, 2019
308 posts
120 upvotes
Alberta
As I recalled the website gives basic Kirkland Signature battery details, part # to compare it with Energizer, it's always been "in-store" purchase for Kirkland.

Energizer AGM online price is $30 more than in store, I'm looking for group 35 (before COVID) AGM is always in stock and now been to 3 Costco, they told me to order online.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15096 upvotes
FrostyBytes wrote: Energizer AGM online price is $30 more than in store, I'm looking for group 35 (before COVID) AGM is always in stock and now been to 3 Costco, they told me to order online.
I saw them back in stock at local Costblo on the weekend so they may be coming back to stores--I agree I didn't notice them for a while though. That said, absolutely not worth the premium for an AGM battery. Unless you have a trunk/interior mounted battery, I wouldn't bother with AGM, just a waste of $$$.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6694 posts
4262 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: I saw them back in stock at local Costblo on the weekend so they may be coming back to stores--I agree I didn't notice them for a while though. That said, absolutely not worth the premium for an AGM battery. Unless you have a trunk/interior mounted battery, I wouldn't bother with AGM, just a waste of $$$.
What if OEM is AGM?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6838 posts
2613 upvotes
BC
apvm wrote: Are they better than Walmart's Everstart?
Can't really generalize. Not all batteries of one brand are created equal. Costco's warranty is the main plus.
But if we have to generalize, yes, Kirkland batteries are probably better than Everstarts on average.

When negotiating their contracts with a battery manufacturer, Costco probably say something like this:
"put that Kirkland sticker only on batteries from your best production lines, oh, and make sure the price is right",

while Walmart might say:
"just meet our rock-bottom price"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)