Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Kirkland Signature Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie dough - Pack of 120

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 9:46 am
Oct 27, 2017
642 posts
507 upvotes
rgilld wrote: Could someone please confirm if they contain diary (or paste a picture of the ingredients). I have a child with diary allergies.
Images
  • 35716B8D-2A09-404B-B32A-DE74C959FA45.jpeg
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32637 posts
6392 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Had them in my cart, and circled the warehouse 3 times before I decided to put them back into the freezer.

Price was good, but I couldn’t justify the calories
Dec 21, 2012
196 posts
229 upvotes
I don't think I could finish it all before it expires. Sooner best before date than I expected.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2930 posts
1419 upvotes
West Coast
Coz4k wrote: You have to provide the electricity to cook them and all...

A true RFD would surely take that cost into account.

Is it still a hot deal ? I wonder.
Good point. A "true RFD" member would just eat the cookie dough raw.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Mar 19, 2009
238 posts
69 upvotes
CLMF9867 wrote: Yes, please bake longer than the 12 minutes recommended, or else the middle will be too soft. Very delicious cookies
325F for 20 minutes works for me.
Sep 22, 2006
73 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
Weird...they were regular price - $23.99 this morning when my wife bought them at the Vaughan, ON location.
Jun 4, 2011
251 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
Shutdown wrote: I don't think I could finish it all before it expires. Sooner best before date than I expected.
They are frozen, what is the issue? They will last long past the date on the box.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1409 posts
486 upvotes
Halton
Costco is great that way. What is at the food court is what they sell instore .. I would be husband of the year if I could lock down the macadamia nut ones... thanks whoever mentioned it!!!
Mar 23, 2017
534 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
For those who are asking about eating raw cookie dough, I took a food handler training a few years ago and they specifically said nothing has shown raw cookie dough to be safe to eat. I don't know about mass produced, but have never personally gotten ill from cracking into a Pillsbury pack of dough. . Also if it were really an issue, how would they include it in cookie dough ice cream?
*Insert to be expected comments here about frozen vs refrigerated.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7528 posts
2639 upvotes
SamG852 wrote: For those who are asking about eating raw cookie dough, I took a food handler training a few years ago and they specifically said nothing has shown raw cookie dough to be safe to eat. I don't know about mass produced, but have never personally gotten ill from cracking into a Pillsbury pack of dough. . Also if it were really an issue, how would they include it in cookie dough ice cream?
*Insert to be expected comments here about frozen vs refrigerated.
There's a difference between edible cookie dough and raw cookie dough. Edible cookie dough (used in ice cream) uses heat treated flour and no eggs. Raw cookie dough normally has raw flour and eggs.
Mar 25, 2012
123 posts
203 upvotes
NB
This is a great deal, but I don't know if I have freezer space for this! I bought one of these a month or so ago and still have a bunch left anyway.

I ate one raw and it was fine, but imo these are way tasier baked, anyway.

And honestly, I feel like this is "healthier" than buying cookies normally, if you have self control. If I buy the baked Kirkland cookies, I have to buy like 24 and eat way more than I should. But I can just pop a few of these in the toaster oven once a week and satisfy my craving.

As for how they can put cookie dough in ice cream, I'd say that isn't actual cookie dough you can bake. It likely doesn't contain eggs, or maybe even raw flour or baking powder. I think it's a concoction that tastes like "dough" but isn't actually.
May 22, 2017
25 posts
16 upvotes
CubieJ wrote: And honestly, I feel like this is "healthier" than buying cookies normally, if you have self control. If I buy the baked Kirkland cookies, I have to buy like 24 and eat way more than I should. But I can just pop a few of these in the toaster oven once a week and satisfy my craving.
I bought a box of this cookie dough a week ago and I'm undecided on the health aspect. I don't have self control.

Before we found these, we would sometimes buy the 24 pack from the store and eat it quickly over 1-2 days.

Now we bake 4-6 of these per day in the toaster oven, which ends up being about 30 cookies per week. With a small daily batch, we're not binging on them like we did with the 24 packs, but we're definitely eating more cookies per week.
Apr 12, 2016
132 posts
202 upvotes
BC
how big is the box? I would love to get one if i can fit it in my apartment fridge
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32637 posts
6392 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
paulcbz wrote: how big is the box? I would love to get one if i can fit it in my apartment fridge
It is not that big, but you have to keep it frozen