Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Kirkland Signature Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie dough - Pack of 120

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 9:46 am
May 5, 2006
692 posts
120 upvotes
It's actually pretty big... i'm trying to make space now haha.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2325 posts
2766 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Gee wrote: It is not that big, but you have to keep it frozen
+1 ...its not very big.
It's much smaller than the box from the frozen apple strudels.
I've bought both and the strudel box is about twice that of the chocolate chip one.

I had to put the strudels in ziplock bags and freeze them that way cuz the box doesnt fit.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1750 posts
279 upvotes
stovetop wrote: +1 ...its not very big.
It's much smaller than the box from the frozen apple strudels.
I've bought both and the strudel box is about twice that of the chocolate chip one.

I had to put the strudels in ziplock bags and freeze them that way cuz the box doesnt fit.
I have been missing so much lately, they have frozen strudels as well? Damn, I need to go buy some of those.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1024 posts
2245 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Any in GVRD?
Yes, in Richmond

EDIT: Langley too
Images
  • MVIMG_20200913_150116.jpg
  • MVIMG_20200913_150105.jpg
  • MVIMG_20200913_150101.jpg
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Sep 21st, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM capable
May 5, 2006
692 posts
120 upvotes
OK so... I was getting dressed to go and get a box of choc chip and macadamia/white choc to store in the neighbor's freezer. But then she sent me a pic - she's already gone and got them! Good thing I saw it or we'd have 500 cookies to try to store. So I filled up a couple of ziploc bags for my freezer :)

Bake-wise... they're not quite as good as homemade (probably due to less butter) but that's ok, for the tiny amount of work.

The white choc were not on sale and were $40! Not sure I'd pay that much of a premium in the future (though macadamia nuts are expensive). However, 15c/choc chip cookie is crazy cheap.
Nov 8, 2006
764 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
I got to find some like minded friends who wants to share a box....this thread is killing me.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1405 posts
485 upvotes
Halton
randomthoughts wrote: OK so... I was getting dressed to go and get a box of choc chip and macadamia/white choc to store in the neighbor's freezer. But then she sent me a pic - she's already gone and got them! Good thing I saw it or we'd have 500 cookies to try to store. So I filled up a couple of ziploc bags for my freezer :)

Bake-wise... they're not quite as good as homemade (probably due to less butter) but that's ok, for the tiny amount of work.
whi
The white choc were not on sale and were $40! Not sure I'd pay that much of a premium in the future (though macadamia nuts are expensive). However, 15c/choc chip cookie is crazy cheap.
that's how my head was working too in terms of $/Cookie BUT my kids have been known to influence me to buy those soft white icing ones at grocery for $3.00/6 or 8
Same as usual, now im just buying in bulk :)
Dec 21, 2012
194 posts
227 upvotes
Havox07 wrote: They are frozen, what is the issue? They will last long past the date on the box.
Isn't the expiration date on the box for when it expires in the freezer?
Apr 12, 2016
132 posts
202 upvotes
BC
if it's frozen, it wont go bad for a long time
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3406 posts
2190 upvotes
Toronto
randomthoughts wrote: OK so... I was getting dressed to go and get a box of choc chip and macadamia/white choc to store in the neighbor's freezer. But then she sent me a pic - she's already gone and got them! Good thing I saw it or we'd have 500 cookies to try to store. So I filled up a couple of ziploc bags for my freezer :)

Damn that is a nice neighbour that lets you use their freezer!
Jun 24, 2013
145 posts
177 upvotes
Replyall wrote: I bought a box of this cookie dough a week ago and I'm undecided on the health aspect. I don't have self control.
I looked at this yesterday when I was at Costco (based on seeing the deal here). One quick glance at the side of the box, 220 Calories per cookie, 31% of your daily fat intake - had to take a hard pass on them. I don't have enough self-control when they're at home (I'd probably eat them frozen too).
Jun 21, 2017
282 posts
321 upvotes
Ontario
wahabk1234 wrote: Dang never seen these in ontario (Waterloo)
They always have them, just not displayed in the freezers. You have to ask someone in the bakery for them.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2395 posts
401 upvotes
mf1982 wrote: I looked at this yesterday when I was at Costco (based on seeing the deal here). One quick glance at the side of the box, 220 Calories per cookie, 31% of your daily fat intake - had to take a hard pass on them. I don't have enough self-control when they're at home (I'd probably eat them frozen too).
31% of your fat in take for 1 cookie??? I read that out loud to my wife and now I am not allowed to buy these :(
May 22, 2017
25 posts
16 upvotes
mf1982 wrote: I looked at this yesterday when I was at Costco (based on seeing the deal here). One quick glance at the side of the box, 220 Calories per cookie, 31% of your daily fat intake - had to take a hard pass on them. I don't have enough self-control when they're at home (I'd probably eat them frozen too).
Worse yet, they're made with palm oil, which is higher in saturated fat compared to canola or soybean oils. High intakes of saturated fat are associated with an increased risk of heart disease.

Also, I can confirm that they are easily edible frozen.