4603 upvotes
Kitchener
Such a heavy box.......WOW.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2426 posts
3030 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Rob_EV wrote: Such a heavy box.......WOW.
Do you even lift bruh?
mf1982 wrote: I looked at this yesterday when I was at Costco (based on seeing the deal here). One quick glance at the side of the box, 220 Calories per cookie, 31% of your daily fat intake - had to take a hard pass on them. I don't have enough self-control when they're at home (I'd probably eat them frozen too).
Crap, am I the only one who bought a box and then went back the next day to buy another box?
Images
  • 20200921_131023.jpg
May 5, 2006
711 posts
137 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Do you even lift bruh?

Crap, am I the only one who bought a box and then went back the next day to buy another box?
On sale for $17, if you have self control, you'd be crazy not to! Haha I'm trying to limit myself to one per day, but I'm ending up at 2 per day. I love them at 350F for 13 minutes. Eaten fresh, they're still tender, but they're a nice golden brown that tempers the sweetness a bit and adds flavor.
Dec 10, 2010
163 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought a box a few months ago and felt guilty everytime I ate one. Don't want to hear the oven up for just a few cookies. I'll pass on this little indulgence. Enjoy
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3885 posts
1704 upvotes
BC
gr8dlr wrote: Buy the Ghirardelli brownie mix from Costco and make your own really easy simple cookies. No freezer space needed.

https://savoringtoday.com/ghirardelli-b ... x-cookies/

Only 4 ingredients: mix, flour, eggs, oil. No chips needed as the mix has chips in it.

These cookies are really good and cheap compared to this.
This is genius! Cheaper AND it doesn't have any of the calories of the other ones. WIn!
Aug 12, 2010
683 posts
497 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: At 210 calories per serving, 120 cookies is 25,200 calories.

At 3000 to 3500 calories per pound of fat, if you eat all 120 you'll gain 7.2 to 8.4 pounds.
So it's a Covid19 month?
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1174 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
CLMF9867 wrote: When does this end?
Seemed like sale ended Sunday for east. Unless its just not displayed correctly. (Ottawa)
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11132 posts
6151 upvotes
Markham
Feegus wrote: This is genius! Cheaper AND it doesn't have any of the calories of the other ones. WIn!
Yes. Only 95 cal for Ghirardelli mix cookies vs over 200 cal for Kirkland. It's the freezer space that turns me off more though.

You can reduce calories and sweetness even more by playing with flour and moisture (oil/eggs) content. I will make the cookie mix, bake off some and freeze remaining cookie balls for future bake...can't eat what isn't baked.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Oct 22, 2012
45 posts
13 upvotes
Replyall wrote: Now we bake 4-6 of these per day in the toaster oven
What temp and how long in the toaster oven? We've tried a few times and they aren't anything like the ones in the oven (or the ones from Costco).
May 22, 2017
29 posts
17 upvotes
nickyname wrote: What temp and how long in the toaster oven? We've tried a few times and they aren't anything like the ones in the oven (or the ones from Costco).
325 convection for 14-15 minutes and I find they're pretty similar to the ones from Costco.

Depends on your toaster oven though, some of them aren't really designed for baking and will cook unevenly or burn your cookies.