• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 3:02 am
[OP]
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
37 posts
9 upvotes

Kitchen Cabinets

Hi, I want to renovate my kitchen and want to replace my cabinets. Which shops is reliable and good in Scarborough area.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
ikea
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
37 posts
9 upvotes
any shops other than Ikea/Lowes/Home Depot etc. I checked Lowes/Home Depot but these stores are expensive in installation
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1598 posts
666 upvotes
London
Why not Ikea? They are awesome and have top notch hinges, soft close, easy to install, free kitchen design.

It's RFDs so we all naturally assume that you didn't want to spend $40k on a kitchen when you can do it for less than $10k at Ikea.

Hopefully someone local will pipe in. Maybe try the Scarborough subreddit on reddit. That is where I usually post when looking for something in my specific city.

Good Luck!
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11895 posts
8141 upvotes
Edmonton
DavidWatson wrote: any shops other than Ikea/Lowes/Home Depot etc. I checked Lowes/Home Depot but these stores are expensive in installation
When we reno'd our house, the pricing went something like:

Custom shop (18k +)
HD (15k)
Ikea (8k, self installed)

First two prices included installation. Basically, if you're looking for a cabinet shop, in my experience you're not likely to save money. Or if you are, be careful about what you're giving up.

C
Nov 2, 2018
184 posts
71 upvotes
I am doing an Ikea kitchen, with all custom cabinet doors and all panels in real wood by AllStyle. They retrofit ikea kitchens will custom doors and panels. Professional installation is $2000 in my case

Best of both worlds
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9648 posts
5038 upvotes
Paris
One day I will build my own carcasses and outsource the doors. Lowers will be more than 23” deep.
Mar 8, 2016
205 posts
41 upvotes
You can also, replace the doors, hinges and hardware with mdf custom doors that range $7-10 for some very intricate designs in a variety of colours. And keep the original cabinet structure if they are sound. Plus either re-edgeband or paint the edgebanding to match. It’s a way to make the kitchen updates and save some cost. They also have glass insert doors, crown moulding , light rails, wine racks, arches, in the matching colours.