Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB

Kitchen table

What kinds of kitchen tables do people here use? When I was growing up, we had a laminate topped table. We washed it down after each meal and never worried about it. Now I have a wood table (cheap, used) and it's a little trickier to take care of. I have kids and I'm not willing to use tablecloths, placemats or coasters. What are the best options? I've never come across a table that is advertised as being designed for family life.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
741 upvotes
Until recently Rustic pine...no issues cleaning it.
Now, big ass Quartz island.
[OP]
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
So what kind of finish did your pine table have?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2504 upvotes
Put glass on top of your wood table. Put a plastic table covering over the kitchen table.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6497 posts
865 upvotes
BC
I have a bamboo butcher block table, which we built ourselves. I use watco butcher block finish on it and it stands up to a lot. I dont have kids but theres a lot of red wine spills ;)

I use placemats because I like the look and have several different ones, not because I have to.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
741 upvotes
Ours was just a normal weathered pine table with a standard finish. Now, because it was weathered, had knots, dents etc....having the kids make another dent with a fork did not do anything from aesthetics. Have three kids.

Don't like Glass tops...
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2012
1100 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Quartz island + black walnut live edge table.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)