Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KitchenAid

Artisan® Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer (refurb) for $199.99 w/FS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 6:26 pm
Oct 20, 2019
844 posts
1712 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been wanting to get one since last sale but I'm not pulling the trigger at this price with no discount codes..

MSRP: $229.99
SAVE $20 (8%)

229.99 is the normal price for these refurb units.
Feb 3, 2014
131 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
I purchased the 4.5 custom QT from Best Buy. Can anyone tell me the difference between that and the artisan by any chance and if this is worth it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1568 posts
8943 upvotes
MILTON
Price has gone down from $229.99 to $199.99
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1568 posts
8943 upvotes
MILTON
shroffd899279656 wrote: Can someone share how is this comprable with the Artisan.
Your text to link here...https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kitc ... p.html#srp
$399 for KitchenAid Professional 5™ Plus Series Stand Mixer.
Motor: 450watts vs 325 watts
Capacity: 5QT for both
Lift up Bowl vs Tilt head

in a nutshell Professional is better machine as compare to Artisan and cost more.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2542 posts
1624 upvotes
Edmonton
Back in stock!!

Just ordered the red one, delivery date is January 21, though....
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Sep 23, 2008
930 posts
699 upvotes
BlazinTrini wrote: When they had the sale in May and ordered the refurbished but was out of stock. They kept saying nothing in stock due to covid and when they had their last sale in Sept or Oct. We asked if they can give a new one for the same price but new was out of stock and we ended up with the PROFESSIONAL 600 SERIES 6 QUART BOWL-LIFT STAND MIXER for $288 taxes in plus free shipping
Sakaban wrote: they cancelled some, I called back and they honoured the price. i only got the item in October but ordered back in May lol
mandm1209 wrote: I got this May 2020. I had my doubts about a refurbished item but it was in great condition with no signs of wear.
I use it for cakes, cookies, and frosting. I tried making bread and while it does work, you have to keep the speed set at 2. I didn’t know this, went higher and it stopped so I called customer service to see if this was a manufacture defect and was told that I needed to keep it at 2. I think I read this in the manual but I don’t use it too often that I simply forgot.

The sale price was 209.99 and there were some codes that gave additional discounts so I ended up paying $126 + tax, free shipping.

There may be additional discount codes that stack with BF?
I also took part in that deal, but the order ultimately ended up being cancelled. After seeing these posts, I called in and tried to get them to honour it, but that was a no-go. :(

Congrats to all the people who were able to get their orders fulfilled/replaced.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Jul 20, 2018
1 posts
Nova Scotia
Am I better off waiting until mother's day? That seems to be when the better sales are eh?

I was planning on grabbing the refurb around black friday sales but the sales have been sub-par, because they've basically seemed to have gone down to last years regular price. Ugh.
Dec 2, 2009
594 posts
869 upvotes
For the reputation Kitchenaid has their products don't last and their customer service sucks.

My girlfriends 5qt stand mixers head started wobbling a lot after about 6 months of use.
We called and were told to do some adjustments. We did the adjustments and they didn't help so I had to contact customer service again afterwards. They directed me to another video, outlining another adjustment/repair and still no luck.

Then the last customer service rep I talked to told me it's normal and there's nothing they could do. The mixer still functions but the head jumps around so much once it starts jumping you have to hold the head in place or it would literally shake/jump itself off the counter.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
uglyguy wrote: Hello,
First time buying this for wife Xmas. There are so many models (Artisan, Ultra Plus, Classic, etc.) varies in all different prices, discounts, and dealers. May I ask what is the middle range one for a mild use (every other weekends)?

Is this one good, or $350 brand new? Ultra Plus for $280, and Classic for $240.

Thanks for posting OP.
TIA and stay safe.
How many are you? I'll go with the Artisan. The bowl is bigger while not being too big. Also the power is adequate and might serve in some mid duty jobs. I think the Utra power is the one just below but can't remember. Lift bowl are way to go if you need more power but it's more tall and heavy.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1741 posts
538 upvotes
Edmonton
SPARTACVS wrote: How many are you? I'll go with the Artisan. The bowl is bigger while not being too big. Also the power is adequate and might serve in some mid duty jobs. I think the Utra power is the one just below but can't remember. Lift bowl are way to go if you need more power but it's more tall and heavy.
Thank you.
I am still checking daily to see stock is back for Refurb $229. I think Artisan is the way to go even though my wife likes to bake (for the 2 of us) to release her stress and add weight to my waist. Oh well, one has to sacrifice.
Stay safe.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2542 posts
1624 upvotes
Edmonton
Back in stock!!! One less red available
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1741 posts
538 upvotes
Edmonton
walleye*guy wrote: Back in stock!!! One less red available
Thank you sir.
One less white available too even though 10% code does not work but can't take further chance to wait. :-)
This and Vitamix for wife's Xmas gifts. 2021 will be a happy year for me with a happy wife.

Thanks all to this thread. Stay safe.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1893 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
What are the chances they have stock and further discounts for Christmas? Bed bath and beyond has it for 279.99 if they let your order go through with a coupon
Dec 3, 2020
4 posts
I ordered this refurbished artisan model back in may 2020 for about 145cad all in. The unit I received looked brand new except for the box when I received it. No complaints so far. I can make cookie dough with this mixer. Powerful enough to handle most of the recipes I would say. I would recommend if you could get it for under 200.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2574 posts
483 upvotes
North York
girlinto wrote:

In my experience when you mix heavy doughs in tilt head models sometimes the bowl can become loose from the plate due to the heaviness of the dough, which can be pretty dangerous if you're not watching/holding the bowl which Imo defies the purpose of having a stand mixer.
Sounds like something is wrong with your bowl or mixer. The rotation of the mixing hook is opposite how you need to attach the bowl. It tightens the bowl automatically with use on my unit, I've never had it get loose with use.
Jun 21, 2011
166 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
uglyguy wrote: Hello,
First time buying this for wife Xmas. There are so many models (Artisan, Ultra Plus, Classic, etc.) varies in all different prices, discounts, and dealers. May I ask what is the middle range one for a mild use (every other weekends)?

Is this one good, or $350 brand new? Ultra Plus for $280, and Classic for $240.

Thanks for posting OP.
TIA and stay safe.
Honestly depends on what you're doing with it. I've had a classic for 5+ years. It's used weekly for breads and pizza dough. I do pasta, I grind meat with it, I make cookie doughs, cakes, and frosting. I do not go easy on this machine with the quantities I make and I have had 0 problems or issues with the power of the classic. My only wish would be for a slightly larger bowl size. The Artisan is a step up and probably the best middle ground option before stepping into the lift bowl options. For most home use, these things last forever regardless of the model you buy.