Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KitchenAid

KitchenAid Precision Gooseneck Digital Kettle - $129.99 (40% off + Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2022 4:47 pm
Dec 22, 2011
387 posts
570 upvotes
London

[KitchenAid] KitchenAid Precision Gooseneck Digital Kettle - $129.99 (40% off + Free Shipping)

After periodically searching for a hot deal on the Fellow EKG for what seems like months now, I randomly stumbled upon KitchenAid's high-end variable control gooseneck digital kettle on sale for $129.99 this morning, which I think is pretty hot (heads-up: there is also an additional 10% off code for email signup that stacks on top of the sale price, bringing this down to $117.00 + tax).

Features:

• Precise, Variable Temperature Selector (1-degree increments from 140-212 fahrenheit)
• Temperature hold for 30-minutes
• Designed for Precise Pour Control (3 unique flow rate settings)
• Thermometer Helps Keep Temperature within Brew Range
• Sleek, Compact Design
• 1 Liter to Boil Small or Large Amounts of Water

This is a fully stainless steel kettle, and one added feature: it has an adjustment for 3-different flow rate settings (the Fellow EKG is notorious for being locked in to a very slow pour). It also has an analog thermometer built in to the lid.

This kettle is very well reviewed and is noted for being well built (hefty polished stainless steel).

With the additional 10% off code, the total post-tax price for me was $132.21 (see attached image below)

https://www.kitchenaid.ca/en_ca/counter ... 032ss.html#
Images
  • 2022-05-31_7-22-45.jpg
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric kettles!
82 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
metabrah wrote: This is a fully stainless steel kettle, and one added feature: it has an adjustment for 3-different flow rate settings (the Fellow EKG is notorious for being locked in to a very slow pour). It also has an analog thermometer built in to the lid.
This is the one drawback to the Fellows kettle. If I didn't have one already, I'd choose the KitchenAid over the Fellows for this reason. Great for pour overs, not great to make tea or other basic hot water needs.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1168 posts
1981 upvotes
Montreal
its showing full price now
Nov 26, 2018
326 posts
521 upvotes
Rural AB
Sale price still shows for me
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
2091 posts
1942 upvotes
QC postal code changes this to $219.99 You can still get this to work if you enter your city and Province followed by postal code on address lines 1 and 2. Select QC in the dropdown for province Enter only the first 3 characters of an ON postal code in postal code field (e.g. N7L). This should work as no postal code/address check verification is done by the system.

No guarantee they don't cancel the order afterwards though.
Dec 22, 2011
387 posts
570 upvotes
London
milhaus wrote: This is the one drawback to the Fellows kettle. If I didn't have one already, I'd choose the KitchenAid over the Fellows for this reason. Great for pour overs, not great to make tea or other basic hot water needs.
Yup, exactly. There seems to be a decent amount of quality-control question marks with the Fellow EKG as well if you read Reddit (they'll replace the kettle, but it's still an annoyance).

For anyone on the fence/considering this; this particular KitchenAid Gooseneck kettle is in the same class/category as the ~$200 Fellow EKG and Brewista kettles that normally get thrown around as recommendations on coffee/pour-over forums & Reddit. The Fellow EKG typically doesn't drop below ~$170-$180 on-sale (there was the Costco clearance price of $100 ~two years ago, but that is obviously an anomaly). Apart from a clearance scenario, you aren't going to find either of those two kettles anywhere near this price.

At ~$117 plus tax, this kettle is in the same price range or ~$10-20 more than the off-brand Chinese digital kettles you'll find on Amazon (COSORI, etc.)

Unless you just absolutely love how the Fellow EKG looks with the different colour options (which I know is a big selling point with that kettle), this is a very strong buy.
Apr 9, 2017
26 posts
28 upvotes
I have an EKG, there is a ton of plastic, it looks good in photos but feels cheap in person. I brew everything from Matcha (65c) to coffee at 86 and herbal teas at 96 and you have to rotate the knob a ridiculous number of times to adjust the temperature.

I'm on the fence for this kitchenaid but spending $130 when I have a kettle that works is a little much.
Dec 22, 2011
387 posts
570 upvotes
London
metamon wrote: How did you get the code? I signed up to the email list + made a new account, and still did not receive anything. Not sure if that's the way to get a code.

Thanks!
Check your Spam folder, I just found the email in there. For me, the coupon code was automatically active and applied on the website with a message stating that it would appear in the cart, but it doesn't look like the email they send goes into your normal inbox in case you need to manually apply it.
Nov 25, 2019
16 posts
32 upvotes
How does changing the flow rate work? I used to have a little plastic piece that went into my bonavita kettle to slow it down. Just recently replaced it (broken) with the fellow and not sure i can justify keeping a kettle that's really good for pour over but pretty inconvenient for everything else
Dec 22, 2011
387 posts
570 upvotes
London
hirshy wrote: How does changing the flow rate work? I used to have a little plastic piece that went into my bonavita kettle to slow it down.
There is a mechanism on the inside that you push up/down to set the flow rate. You can see how it works at 0:07 in the following video:

There does seem to be a small plasticky(?) piece on the flow rate mechanism. No idea if it's silicone or not, but worth pointing out.
Jul 29, 2015
308 posts
290 upvotes
Saskatoon
691175002 wrote: I have an EKG, there is a ton of plastic, it looks good in photos but feels cheap in person. I brew everything from Matcha (65c) to coffee at 86 and herbal teas at 96 and you have to rotate the knob a ridiculous number of times to adjust the temperature.

I'm on the fence for this kitchenaid but spending $130 when I have a kettle that works is a little much.
I don't have this experience. Yeah it uses plastic, but it feels solid to me. No rattling, doesn't feel brittle.
My only complaint with the Fellows is the super slow pour. Mine also will sputter if I start pouring too fast after a fresh boil.
The temp is fast to control. I can go from 100 to 80 in two thumb swipes.
Another nice thing is the kettle holds the temp off the base quite well. I only lose like 1c from bloom to pour.
The center of balance on the kettle is also perfectly tuned.

I think the Fellows kettle would be perfected if they added a timer to the base and increased the flow rate of the nozzle while keeping the same level of control.
Mar 24, 2003
725 posts
194 upvotes
still no code...tried a few emails over the last cple hours
Aug 9, 2007
136 posts
103 upvotes
Ontario
Nolan wrote: still no code...tried a few emails over the last cple hours
I wasn't getting a code for a while either but eventually got one after visiting www.kitchenaid.ca in incognito mode and waiting 10-20 seconds for a popup to appear at the bottom of the page. The code is instantly provided after you enter your email address.
Mar 10, 2017
151 posts
261 upvotes
Nejynoah wrote: I don't have this experience. Yeah it uses plastic, but it feels solid to me. No rattling, doesn't feel brittle.
My only complaint with the Fellows is the super slow pour. Mine also will sputter if I start pouring too fast after a fresh boil.
The temp is fast to control. I can go from 100 to 80 in two thumb swipes.
Another nice thing is the kettle holds the temp off the base quite well. I only lose like 1c from bloom to pour.
The center of balance on the kettle is also perfectly tuned.

I think the Fellows kettle would be perfected if they added a timer to the base and increased the flow rate of the nozzle while keeping the same level of control.
Doesn't the Fellow have a timer?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2779 posts
4697 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the code onscreen after entering my email and clicking Redeem, didn't even have to check my email to get it (I did also receive the email immediately though.). It also automatically applied to the cart as it indicated it would.

If you're having issues, make sure ad-blocking etc. is disabled and/or try a different browser. If you're not getting the onscreen overlay prompting you to sign up for 10% off, try clearing cookies first and then hit the page again.
Mar 24, 2003
725 posts
194 upvotes
jikuty wrote: I wasn't getting a code for a while either but eventually got one after visiting www.kitchenaid.ca in incognito mode and waiting 10-20 seconds for a popup to appear at the bottom of the page. The code is instantly provided after you enter your email address.
this worked on my cell using incognito. A banner showed up for a 10% coupon, rather than the usual signup up for emails. Thanks!
Feb 1, 2016
36 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Thanks OP. Current Pino variable temp has become dead slow. Have bought a couple of them for different locations, would not recommend. Purchased. Hope it holds up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)