Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KitchenAid

KitchenAid Precision Gooseneck Digital Kettle - $129.99 (40% off + Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2022 4:47 pm
Aug 9, 2007
109 posts
65 upvotes
Ontario
Label created as well.

Thanks OP.

I would be very interested in hearing others opinions about the kettle after they receive it. There seems to be very little information (or reviews) online about how good the spout performs for pour over coffee.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
317 posts
391 upvotes
London
I received my kettle today! I won't have any time to play with it, but it feels sturdy and has some heft to it.
Dec 8, 2006
571 posts
292 upvotes
Scarborough
thanks OP my Costco Salton Kettle died last week......ordered!
May 28, 2018
244 posts
318 upvotes
Irridion wrote: thanks OP my Costco Salton Kettle died last week......ordered!
Uh oh, the stainless steel variable temp Salton one? I have the same one, are you saying I need to order this in anticipation of it breaking? Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1873 posts
1386 upvotes
I recently bought a second-hand, but like-new Fellow Stagg EKG. I agree with the previous comments as well as with the online reviews: it's a nice, fast, quality kettle (doesn't feel plasticky to me), but it only works for pour-over due to the (very) slow flow rate.

This looks like a great deal for the price.
Aug 9, 2007
109 posts
65 upvotes
Ontario
Just got mine. Played around with it a little. Flow restrictor function is nice and the quality of the spout seems good for pour over coffee. The whole thing is sturdy and attractive.

My major complaint is that the exterior of the kettle is not insulated in the least and gets extremely hot once the water is at boiling temp. I'm sure it would be hot enough to burn your hand if you grab it inadvertently. Might return it for that reason as I have young kids at home and this thing is a serious safety hazard if it's sitting on the counter after use.
Feb 18, 2021
40 posts
22 upvotes
I'm thinking this vs Zojirushi water boiler, I know it's not like comparing apple to apple but what your thought on it?
Dec 8, 2006
571 posts
292 upvotes
Scarborough
taximan87 wrote: Uh oh, the stainless steel variable temp Salton one? I have the same one, are you saying I need to order this in anticipation of it breaking? Lol

it's no longer holding temp and its peeling on the lid.....looks a bit nasty
Nov 28, 2013
70 posts
64 upvotes
Full price in Quebec unfortunately, I tried changing the postal code to Ontario but as soon as I entered my shipping address in the checkout it went back to full price.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3740 posts
5141 upvotes
Oakville
jamesh wrote: I'm thinking this vs Zojirushi water boiler, I know it's not like comparing apple to apple but what your thought on it?
If you can afford the Zojirushi it's a no brainer.
It's the defacto standard for hot water heating. Insulated. Temperature control.
Various capacities.
Way easier to clean.

Just have to shell out $350-$450 to get a decent one on sale. We bought two and never went back. Everyone who comes over ends up buying one as well.

Zwilling engfinity makes a great temperature control well insulated water boiler that's better than this KitchenAid model. It goes on sale for $150 at the bay or bed bath and beyond.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Feb 18, 2021
40 posts
22 upvotes
zdpz wrote: If you can afford the Zojirushi it's a no brainer.
It's the defacto standard for hot water heating. Insulated. Temperature control.
Various capacities.
Way easier to clean.

Just have to shell out $350-$450 to get a decent one on sale. We bought two and never went back. Everyone who comes over ends up buying one as well.

Zwilling engfinity makes a great temperature control well insulated water boiler that's better than this KitchenAid model. It goes on sale for $150 at the bay or bed bath and beyond.
There's a cheaper model Zojirushi water boiler like this one. $180

ZOJI Zojirushi CD-WCC40 Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, Silver https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LWMWU59/ref ... CQ61C0SZP9
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
317 posts
391 upvotes
London
zdpz wrote: Zwilling engfinity makes a great temperature control well insulated water boiler that's better than this KitchenAid model. It goes on sale for $150 at the bay or bed bath and beyond.
Better at what? The Zwilling isn't a gooseneck kettle. A gooseneck kettle serves a very specific purpose.
Aug 23, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
Got mine a couple of days ago. Breville Kettle for tea had been acting up (turning off before boil, contacts a bit flaky on some angles).
So the use of this was for both pour over coffee and tea with temperature control.
For pour over coffee - have made about 3 cups, with the smallest flow rate it works well for me.
Not as good as a smaller necked hario (due to both size/weight and flow), but way better than what I was doing which
was pouring into a separate small ceramic teapot with a good pour. Biggest issue is probably the size vs. a Stagg or Hario.

The convenience though outweighs the rest. As far as the temp control and tea use case, you have to set the temperature, there are no presets,
not too much of a pain, but the Breville had like 5 presets in Degrees F, and was more intuitive.

Another plus is the temperature gauge on the lid, I always wondered if I could use my slightly cooled pot before, and would just reboil all the time.
Overall I'd recommend it with the caveats above.
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
Just a heads up for those that ordered.

Check your credit card statements. They overcharged me.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4240 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
Also overcharged by $6 , so annoying.
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
Question - how do you turn the power off on this thing after a boil?