Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KitchenAid

KitchenAid Precision Gooseneck Digital Kettle - $129.99 (40% off + Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2022 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1695 posts
2437 upvotes
Victoria
esoxhntr wrote: What is wrong with my whistling stove top kettle. Does it not boil the water the same?
Pretty hard to control the temperature with those. Many teas you want water at temperatures below 100 for optimum flavour.
Dec 20, 2017
112 posts
103 upvotes
vistokid wrote: No I did not either. I didn't really push it. For sure odd though. It was a total fluke that I saw the overcharge. I'm sure there's a lot of people who will never notice.

What do you think of the kettle? I like it. I'm not sure how to shut it off though. Pressing the power off button after using it does nothing.
Thus I ended up buying the other version with the manual lever. I'm not really an aficionado so the coffee can be a few degrees out but I just can't bear seeing such a beautiful kettle goto waste if the power button wears out or the circuit blows...
Dec 20, 2017
112 posts
103 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Nothing. What's wrong with a 300 pound CRT television. Does it not display TV the same?
I don't know why people need to post snide comments here...if this isn't your thing just move on....theres no need to lecture me on how I spend my money...I'm buying it more for aesthetics and the brand name...if I really wanted cheap, yes I'd go with a stove top kettle. Might be even cheaper if I just use a frying pan to boil my water...but just remember, when you die you can't take your money with you. So you're going to spend it somehow...either on things that make you happy or your descendants will be spending it on things that make them happy. I prefer the former.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7112 posts
2893 upvotes
GTA
Unknown604 wrote: I don't know why people need to post snide comments here...if this isn't your thing just move on....theres no need to lecture me on how I spend my money...I'm buying it more for aesthetics and the brand name...if I really wanted cheap, yes I'd go with a stove top kettle. Might be even cheaper if I just use a frying pan to boil my water...but just remember, when you die you can't take your money with you. So you're going to spend it somehow...either on things that make you happy or your descendants will be spending it on things that make them happy. I prefer the former.
a - it was not a comment for you, it was for someone who asked why anyone needs this. see previous page.
b - you are doing exactly what you are claiming he did.

It is not a long thread, read it and comment accordingly. No need to spend extra time and jump into a comment that was not for you.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2763 posts
4627 upvotes
Vancouver
According to the CSR I'm chatting with, the additional amount is a shipping fee that was incorrectly added to the order (shipping was supposed to be free). They are refunding the amount.

Will have to check back to make sure it actually comes through, but it was at least a pretty straightforward process. I did chat vs calling.
Jul 13, 2007
425 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
6060842 wrote: You seem to have bought in, hook, line & sinker.
Yes, as I stated on page 1 I bought one….. thanks for your observation?

Been using a bonavita for my pour overs and needed a replacement.

Are you some kind of dense/special ?
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
Unknown604 wrote: I don't know why people need to post snide comments here...if this isn't your thing just move on....theres no need to lecture me on how I spend my money...I'm buying it more for aesthetics and the brand name...if I really wanted cheap, yes I'd go with a stove top kettle. Might be even cheaper if I just use a frying pan to boil my water...but just remember, when you die you can't take your money with you. So you're going to spend it somehow...either on things that make you happy or your descendants will be spending it on things that make them happy. I prefer the former.
LOL. You're spewing on the wrong guy man. Make sure you read the details before going vigilante on me.
Oct 4, 2009
438 posts
503 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
frugal_fanboy wrote: According to the CSR I'm chatting with, the additional amount is a shipping fee that was incorrectly added to the order (shipping was supposed to be free). They are refunding the amount.

Will have to check back to make sure it actually comes through, but it was at least a pretty straightforward process. I did chat vs calling.
I called in, I had to submit a screenshot to an email, wait for them to update my account and then call in again.

They're now going to send me a cheque in the mail to make up for the difference...
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
deus wrote: I called in, I had to submit a screenshot to an email, wait for them to update my account and then call in again.

They're now going to send me a cheque in the mail to make up for the difference...
Really? Took me less than 2 minutes. They sent me an email this morning saying my credit card would be credited in 24-48 hours.
Oct 4, 2009
438 posts
503 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Did they give you anything for your trouble?
Dec 20, 2017
112 posts
103 upvotes
porksoda wrote: a - it was not a comment for you, it was for someone who asked why anyone needs this. see previous page.
b - you are doing exactly what you are claiming he did.

It is not a long thread, read it and comment accordingly. No need to spend extra time and jump into a comment that was not for you.
I wasn't directing the comment at vistokid you goof. I'm not sure what you define as snide comments but to each their own.
Dec 20, 2017
112 posts
103 upvotes
vistokid wrote: LOL. You're spewing on the wrong guy man. Make sure you read the details before going vigilante on me.
It wasn't directed at you...
Dec 20, 2017
112 posts
103 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Really? Took me less than 2 minutes. They sent me an email this morning saying my credit card would be credited in 24-48 hours.
Where do you find the email? I only see a phone number and live chat option.
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
Unknown604 wrote: Where do you find the email? I only see a phone number and live chat option.
I called first. They emailed me the next morning to confirm the credit.
Last edited by vistokid on Jun 10th, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 9, 2007
109 posts
65 upvotes
Ontario
vistokid wrote: Question - how do you turn the power off on this thing after a boil?
If you lift the kettle off the stand it shuts off. The display will still be on however.
Dec 20, 2017
112 posts
103 upvotes
jikuty wrote: If you lift the kettle off the stand it shuts off. The display will still be on however.
I ended up buying the one with the manual switch. Theres a lot of reviews of the button labels smearing and I just worry about too many electronics that can go wrong.

Its the same price as the digital, so some people might just end up getting digital because MSRP is more expensive...