Expired Hot Deals

KitchenAid Mail In Rebate (MIR) is back for small appliances! April 11/14 - May 30/14

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2015 2:04 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto

KitchenAid Mail In Rebate (MIR) is back for small appliances! April 11/14 - May 30/14

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 30, 2014
Can't believe that I'm the first to post this. It started 5 Days ago. Kitchenaid's MIR is back with rebates on small home appliances (see list/link) $50-$75 rebate by mail.

I'm looking at the Professional 600 Stand Mixer on sale for $449.99 at The Bay currently.

Don't forget to click Thanks if you appreciate this info on the deal. :)
41 replies
Jun 9, 2009
75 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
Shop.ca has the same one for 470 but with 15% rebate from GCR. It might be a better deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1950 posts
354 upvotes
Winterpeg
Just purchased kitchenaid fridge, stove and dishwasher

I thought its for all kitchenaid appliances

Please change title
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4276 posts
1376 upvotes
longlongdream wrote: Shop.ca has the same one for 470 but with 15% rebate from GCR. It might be a better deal.
Just make sure that Shop.ca is considered an authorized seller, otherwise there may be an issue with the rebate. (Not speaking from experience, just a word of caution for anybody taking this route)

Also, add a $15 off $50 coupon and get an even better deal
Ebay - 307 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 120 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5845 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa
Looking for a deal on the pasta attachments... So freakin expensive.
Oct 3, 2008
549 posts
75 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote: Looking for a deal on the pasta attachments... So freakin expensive.
+1...can't bring myself to pay that much!
Nov 30, 2011
687 posts
203 upvotes
EDMONTON
TripleHelix wrote: Looking for a deal on the pasta attachments... So freakin expensive.
Me too! Will post if I find a deal on it!
Feb 6, 2009
257 posts
102 upvotes
lostchild83 wrote: The reviews for the shredder and slicer are pretty terribs.
And they are inaccurate. The shredder is something we use every week when making pizza. It is a solid piece of kit and I would buy it again without hesitation.

The pasta attachments for the Kitchen-Aid are largely vanity in nature (we have every single one now available for it and a few that are no longer available for it too, for that matter), but the shredder is the best external attachment and works very well. Moreover, it will last you FAR longer than any food processor cheese shredder, too.

If you make pizza with your Stand-Mixer, you need the shredder. Don't think twice -- just get it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5270 posts
2961 upvotes
A Place to Stand
lostchild83 wrote: The reviews for the shredder and slicer are pretty terribs.
I bought it about a year ago and have yet to use it. Seems a bit cumbersome. But mainly, because I had discovered the slicing attachments for my Cuisinart that I thought went missing, so I just use that instead. This thread has reignited my interest in it though, might haul it out today and try out the slicer attachment for sh*%s and giggles.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11251 posts
4627 upvotes
Steel_wind wrote: And they are inaccurate. The shredder is something we use every week when making pizza. It is a solid piece of kit and I would buy it again without hesitation.

The pasta attachments for the Kitchen-Aid are largely vanity in nature (we have every single one now available for it and a few that are no longer available for it too, for that matter), but the shredder is the best external attachment and works very well. Moreover, it will last you FAR longer than any food processor cheese shredder, too.

If you make pizza with your Stand-Mixer, you need the shredder. Don't think twice -- just get it.
When people say they rust, that's true. They either come rusted or will rust after a few uses. Unless something has changed from a couple of years back.
Feb 6, 2009
257 posts
102 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: When people say they rust, that's true. They either come rusted or will rust after a few uses. Unless something has changed from a few years back.
We have used ours more than fifty times and we follow the instructions about cleaning. We have never had a problem with any rusting, but if you don't follow the instructions carefully with the main pasta attachments, I have no doubt that some people will have that problem.

None of those instructions have any application to the shredder, by the way. It's the various roller attachments where that is a big concern, not the shredder, which completely disassembles and is as easy to wash and dry as a food processor blade.
Oct 15, 2008
484 posts
731 upvotes
Atikokan
bobcat99 wrote: When people say they rust, that's true. They either come rusted or will rust after a few uses. Unless something has changed from a couple of years back.
Yeah mine rusted after the first use. I'm quite certain it was from the dishwasher - I don't use the heat dry function and just leave the door open to air dry during the night. I have a feeling the standing water on it rusted it out.

That said, for a $20 cheese shredder the thing paid for itself, I didn't even touch the other pieces. Bought a Cuisinart FP and sold this rig for what I paid, so was a nice investment to get a free cheese grater for a couple of years.
Aug 17, 2008
100 posts
34 upvotes
consumerPI wrote: Can't believe that I'm the first to post this. It started 5 Days ago. Kitchenaid's MIR is back with rebates on small home appliances (see list/link) $50-$75 rebate by mail.

I'm looking at the Professional 600 Stand Mixer on sale for $449.99 at The Bay currently.

Don't forget to click Thanks if you appreciate this info on the deal. :)

We bought the Professionnal 600 at Ares Cuisine. You can negociate. The price was 449. I deal for 389. I'm shy but when it comes time to negotiate, I'm a beast. : P

you will love this beast.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info, that's a better deal than price matching. Was hoping for another one day $299.99 deal on this model as I read that back in the fall a couple of places had that price. But $389 plus taxes and the rebate is pretty good. I can't believe that some stores have the nerve to show a regular price of $699.99 (i.e. The Bay)
Bigpat wrote: We bought the Professionnal 600 at Ares Cuisine. You can negociate. The price was 449. I deal for 389. I'm shy but when it comes time to negotiate, I'm a beast. : P

you will love this beast.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
longlongdream wrote: Shop.ca has the same one for 470 but with 15% rebate from GCR. It might be a better deal.
Thanks. Will look into that too.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Done.
caveat_emptor wrote: Just purchased kitchenaid fridge, stove and dishwasher

I thought its for all kitchenaid appliances

Please change title
Sep 6, 2010
785 posts
94 upvotes
Waterloo
Any good deal for the ice cream maker?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3960 posts
1273 upvotes
Calgary
I never received my mail in rebate from kitchen aid. Never buying another kitchen aid product for sure