Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KitchenAid

KitchenAid Professional 600 Architect Stand Mixer (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2010 8:36 am
Tags:
167 replies
Aug 28, 2008
57 posts
16 upvotes
Check the model number to see if it would also qualify for $50 off with the printable coupon here: http://www.kitchenaid.ca/assets/pdfs/se ... PDF_en.pdf
That would bring this down to $299 (well a little more as the $50 is after tax).
Still, a ridiculous buy!
Wish I hadn't bought the HD 475 watt version for $269 from Cayne's earlier this month :(
Cheers!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1896 posts
181 upvotes
hot deal without the rebate. Super hot with the rebate.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
The title says Professional 600 but the description says Professional 5 Plus...

The difference being the bowl capacity and power (as far as I can tell) is lower on the 5 Plus.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1454 posts
52 upvotes
Is this the same as the one The Shopping Channel had a couple weeks ago with extras for $299? As I posted in this thread, someone from another site said the Pro 5 + is the same as the Deluxe 5 model
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/kitchena ... el-939152/

Maybe not, as randomroyalty said, the bowl size is different. Different wattage as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1454 posts
52 upvotes
Here's more info based on the model number Mok pointed out-
"The KP26M1XACS is our new Architect Series 6-qt. stand mixer. It's the same internally as the Pro 600 series, only the color finish is different. The color is called Cocoa Silver, and it's currently a Macy's exclusive for now. It should become more widely available later this year or next year. It's part of a whole new series of Architect appliances that we've recently introduced--they have a nice professional look, and are all matching with the same color and finish, and the Architect trim band."
http://www.kitchenaidconversations.com/ ... C_ID=26332

# Easily accommodates up to 14 cups of flour
# Professional bowl-lift design raises bowl into mixing position
# Soft start mixing function builds speed slowly to reduce splatter
# PowerKnead™ spiral dough hook replicates hand-kneading to handle 20% more dough than previous models
# 6-Qt. stainless steel bowl with ergonomic handle
# Hinged power hub lets you use any optional KitchenAid attachment
# Durable, direct drive, all-steel gear transmission delivers high-performance mixing action
# Includes: burnished flat beater, dough hook, wire whip and pouring shield
# 575W
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/i ... ryID=29425
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1060 posts
177 upvotes
Seems like a good deal! What's holding me back is some of the more recent Amazon reviews seem to have the common complaint that it's not the same quality as the kitchenaid mixers back in the day and for some reason people who use it to make bread find it breaks easily.

But this does seem like a nice mixer if you are going to do lighter load stuff apparently.
Feb 28, 2004
27 posts
13 upvotes
Unfortunately, since Hobart sold off its KitchenAid consumer division a number of years ago, the quality has gone down. Plastic and/or nylon gears and other inner workings have replaced those previously made of metal. The KitchenAid mixer of yore is no more.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Does anyone know which model this REALLY is:

Professional 600
or
Professional 5 Plus ?
Aug 2, 2009
297 posts
160 upvotes
BC
This one is cocoa silver color, it may not qualify for $50 rebate. you should call KitchenAid CS to confirm that.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
congenic wrote: Seems like a good deal! What's holding me back is some of the more recent Amazon reviews seem to have the common complaint that it's not the same quality as the kitchenaid mixers back in the day and for some reason people who use it to make bread find it breaks easily.

But this does seem like a nice mixer if you are going to do lighter load stuff apparently.
Wow 882 reviews and most of them 5 star. Price on this machine in the states is 350 roughly. Sears is way overpriced. For those wondering the "professional" name means nothing as the unit sold to commercial kitchens comes in white (and only white) and is the KM25G0XWH. Lesser wateage but is NSF rated for food safety. Still a good price for a good mixer.
Oct 20, 2006
556 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
it should? rebate says that its all colours.

call me stupid but you rotate the crank to raise/lower it, but dont you have to tilt the bowl to bring the bowl out? i know nothing about this but the lady is totally into baking

by the url this should be the 600 and the description should be the typo
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Hope it is the 600!

Ordered! Shows as "Back Ordered" with a date in late October. No rebate? :(
Dec 28, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
Hi!

I have no clue what one of these mixers does but my gf has mentioned before that she really wanted one of these but could never justify the price. She likes making cakes and baking. I was wondering if anybody would be able to give me an opinion on this mixer and if it's worth it. Want to surprise her with this as a gift. I looked online for some reviews and they were positive. Just want to make sure this is a hot deal for something like this. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1075 posts
61 upvotes
There is a rebate as long as you can prove that it was purchased before Oct. 3 IIRC.

btw. thanks OP. just got one for my girlfriend as she LOVES to bake.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
LoneI2anger wrote: it should? rebate says that its all colours.

call me stupid but you rotate the crank to raise/lower it, but dont you have to tilt the bowl to bring the bowl out? i know nothing about this but the lady is totally into baking

by the url this should be the 600 and the description should be the typo

You tilt the bowl ever so slightly (just to unhinge it from the metal dimple at the back of the machine). And you have to take the attachment off at same time that you remove the bowl.

At a regular price of $699.99, this should be the Professional 600.
Oct 20, 2006
556 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
BD006 wrote: You tilt the bowl ever so slightly (just to unhinge it from the metal dimple at the back of the machine). And you have to take the attachment off at same time that you remove the bowl.

At a regular price of $699.99, this should be the Professional 600.

ahh ok then. when i watched the lady at home bake, she has the one where you tilt the head back up. clearly im one of those guys that just get to wash dishes and lick the crumbs =/

thank you very much for your reply, i was just worried that this doesnt seem as friendly as the ones where you tilt the head instead
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Remember, Air Miles too!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)