• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 10:52 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4491 posts
1578 upvotes

Kitchenaid Refrigerator - Replace Water Filter

I bought a new fridge a year ago and I need to change the water filter. Where do you get water filter replacements for a good price either online or brick and mortar?
5 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11816 posts
6110 upvotes
Toronto
Ebay. I used to use amazon, but depending on the filter, it might be hard to come by.

For example, my fridge uses #2 and that filter is $50/unit at most brick/mortar stores AND most online shops. I bought a boat load from amazon back in 2014 for $6/unit, generic ones, but now generic are almost the same cost as OEM.

I just got a box of 6 units of every drop from ebay out of mississauga for $120.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8638 posts
6280 upvotes
Markham
Press the reset button to reset warning.

Done.

If you actually drink the filtered water a lot, wait until the flow is semi-restricted, then get a new one from Ebay like koffey said.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3869 posts
3039 upvotes
Toronto
There are a lot of generic, supposedly compatible filters and Amazon and eBay. I wouldn't necessarily trust those random companies (who knows what's in there and can hold companies accountable?), but Amazon has their own line under their AmazonBasics brand. You would think one of the biggest retailers on the planet would have done at least a bit of due diligence on the factory that makes them, so I wouldn't mind using an AmazonBasics one and save a bit over a manufacturer-branded one.

Here's one example: LINK

You have to check the model # of the filter to see if it's compatible. Note that Whirlpool Corporation makes fridges under the Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchenaid, etc. names, so the Amazon link says "Maytag", but this one works for many Whirlpool Corp makes.
Mar 19, 2013
695 posts
207 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
Canadian Tire, Rona, Home Depot sell fridge water filters.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10467 posts
4673 upvotes
Brampton
You always have the option to put it in to bypass if you have another filter in the house like an undersink RO.