Shopping Discussion

KitchenAid Stand Mixers

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2011 4:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2005
1887 posts
499 upvotes
Calgary

KitchenAid Stand Mixers

Anyone know if the stand mixer in the Canadian Tire flyer is actually 400+ watts? It looks like the same one in the futureshop and walmart flyers, but they are only 300 watts.

Is 199 a good price on this mixer, or is it just average?

Thanks!
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1326 posts
899 upvotes
YYC
According to the flyer, the Canadian Tire Kitchenaid is only 325Watts, not 400+.

By the way, I was at RCSS yesterday and they have all their KitchenAid mixers on sale, plus there is a stack of leaflets from KitchenAid that says they currently have discounts of $50+ on KitchenAid appliances, including the mixers. I think the Artisan 325W was $248 less $50 rebate = $198. I never noticed when the rebates end or if they were particular to RCSS.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2665 posts
1788 upvotes
London
There have been quite a few posts about KA mixers on RFD, even during the last few months.
A search for those threads should help you out with your question.

The rebate is valid until Dec.31.
Find more info at http://www.kitchenaid.ca
Note that some retailers, such as Futureshop are excluded.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1442 posts
140 upvotes
I'm looking for the Food Grinder attachment....

It was $39 at Amazon.ca until a couple of days ago when they jacked up the price for their Boxing day "Sale" to $60. I'll just have to wait till it hits that price again...
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 21, 2010
67 posts
3 upvotes
^^ I also got myself the same one from Cayne's. Hands down add a few more dollars and you got a crazy machine. The classic ones are nice but eventually you might want to start upgrading when you need the power for bigger batches. Its the best deal out there... plus free shipping
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 4, 2001
11717 posts
552 upvotes
D n A wrote: ^^ I also got myself the same one from Cayne's. Hands down add a few more dollars and you got a crazy machine. The classic ones are nice but eventually you might want to start upgrading when you need the power for bigger batches. Its the best deal out there... plus free shipping

Bigger batches of what?

This KitchenAid mixer thing is out of hand. It is just a food mixer. It is not going to change your life. I don't understand why it's become something everyone has to get.

Even people who can't cook are buying these things just to put on the counter.
Member
User avatar
Mar 20, 2006
434 posts
329 upvotes
mbg wrote: Bigger batches of what?

This KitchenAid mixer thing is out of hand. It is just a food mixer. It is not going to change your life. I don't understand why it's become something everyone has to get.

Even people who can't cook are buying these things just to put on the counter.

My parents actually bought me a KitchenAid mixer today as a Christmas gift (we got it at Sears). Coming from someone that bakes at least one a week (and burns out hand mixers once a year) I am quite excited for my new gadget!

It is true that there are people that buy them only to have it sit and collect dust. But that can be said for a lot of things nowadays ;)

As a side note to anyone that bought the Custom Edition model, I don't think the rebate applies to that particular model...at least its not listed on the rebate form...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 9, 2007
1936 posts
749 upvotes
Toronto
mbg wrote: Bigger batches of what?

This KitchenAid mixer thing is out of hand. It is just a food mixer. It is not going to change your life. I don't understand why it's become something everyone has to get.

Even people who can't cook are buying these things just to put on the counter.

Sorry dude, it's not just a mixer and it did change my life. :)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 4, 2001
11717 posts
552 upvotes
daisy54 wrote: My parents actually bought me a KitchenAid mixer today as a Christmas gift (we got it at Sears). Coming from someone that bakes at least one a week (and burns out hand mixers once a year) I am quite excited for my new gadget!
I agree they're exciting to look at, but stand mixers in general aren't worth the hassle.

Does anyone really eat a lot of cakes?

They are no good for bread, they are no good for pastry.

They may be good for whipping egg whites and cream but if you're that French then a mixer isn't going to save you.
Member
Jul 7, 2005
271 posts
3 upvotes
are there ever any promos/shipping codes for Caynes? I spotted the Kitchenaid immersion blender there but the shipping makes it more expensive than what FS had it for (but they are sold out).
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1442 posts
140 upvotes
specs_bv wrote: 39.99 if you can find it in store at Futureshop
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... c7f7f9en02

Got the Food Grinder pricematched at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $39! :D They didn't have it in stock but I paid for it in store and they will ship it to my house free. They seem very easy going about PM'ing. I just showed them a print out from FS. Thanks again for the link!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2573 posts
871 upvotes
mbg wrote: I agree they're exciting to look at, but stand mixers in general aren't worth the hassle.

Does anyone really eat a lot of cakes?

They are no good for bread, they are no good for pastry.

They may be good for whipping egg whites and cream but if you're that French then a mixer isn't going to save you.

We're very happy with ours, and love how much time it saves, and the quality of the job it does. You can keep your hand-mixer.......nobody cares.
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 21, 2010
67 posts
3 upvotes
Freelancer-Mountaineer wrote: are there ever any promos/shipping codes for Caynes? I spotted the Kitchenaid immersion blender there but the shipping makes it more expensive than what FS had it for (but they are sold out).
When I bought my Kitchen Aid mixer I just googled free shipping for Caynes and came across one. I dont remember the code since that was a few months ago but I am pretty sure a google search would come up with something
Member
Jul 7, 2005
271 posts
3 upvotes
D n A wrote: When I bought my Kitchen Aid mixer I just googled free shipping for Caynes and came across one. I dont remember the code since that was a few months ago but I am pretty sure a google search would come up with something
I found one, RFD had it. So it's all good, I just have to decide if it's a good price! Thanks!

Top