489 upvotes

50% off Glasses @ Kits.ca

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
KITS.CA
50% off glasses
*50% off glasses will be applied when entering coupon code FLASH50 at checkout. Minimum purchase of 1 boxes required for coupon to apply.Minimum $10.00 purchase of eligible items required. Limit 1 coupon/offer per order. Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion, coupon or offer.
Seems to be own brands only

seems to be one per address. It doesn't matter if it is different name or unit number. Didn't try combining two glasses as I anted to make sure I would get 15% cashback on kits

not sure how long it is for.
"www.kits.ca/specials.html"
Ampli also has 15% cashback on Kits.ca to maximum of $60

I got progressive with transition thin lense after 50% for 221
I got progressive with regular lense at clearly for $235 yesterday
Last edited by caniran on Aug 30th, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
29 replies
Jul 17, 2021
160 posts
290 upvotes
RFD's injected referral/tracking broke the link, FYI.
Feb 19, 2019
173 posts
310 upvotes
Not sure if it's still on but they used to have first pair free, only pay shipping which is about 15$. One order per address. I used 2 different emails and got one pair sent to home, one pair to work.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19970 posts
5731 upvotes
Scarberia
do NOT reccmend this place..it has cheapAF glasses (ie quality is crap lol) , i think i paid like 50$ bucks with precription and i got that amex 5$ off small credits, i used the freekits code too, glasses look like dollarama ones!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Feb 4, 2007
707 posts
489 upvotes
Seathe wrote: RFD's injected referral/tracking broke the link, FYI.
Not sure how I can fix that
[OP]
Feb 4, 2007
707 posts
489 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: do NOT reccmend this place..it has cheapAF glasses (ie quality is crap lol) , i think i paid like 50$ bucks with precription and i got that amex 5$ off small credits, i used the freekits code too, glasses look like dollarama ones!
my first time I am ordering from them. They say returns are free.
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
682 upvotes
Link is dead and coupon code didn’t work for me on kits.ca
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1264 posts
1179 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: do NOT reccmend this place..it has cheapAF glasses (ie quality is crap lol) , i think i paid like 50$ bucks with precription and i got that amex 5$ off small credits, i used the freekits code too, glasses look like dollarama ones!
The two pairs I got were pretty solid though I got the metal frame ones and not plastic so can't comment on the quality of that.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3139 posts
411 upvotes
The quality is fine for what you pay for at 50% off. Can't comment on their plastic frames, but plastic/acetate has always got a bit of that low-budget, flimsy, "dollarama" feel...you're really just paying for the lens/coating.

I have a high index prescription (-6.00), their thin lenses don't really feel thin. So anyone with a bad prescription should be aware to not get large lenses or metal frames like I did Neutral Face
It is very front heavy and the adjustment can be bit of a pain. That being said...frames feel fine. It's like under $100 shipped so I can't complain.

IMO don't get any brand names (Ray Ban, etc.) on Kits. Stick with their in-house brands for a cheap pair. IMO I find their lenses being a bit on the cheaper side. Still functional, just not thin/light enough.

You're better off going to Clearly if you want brand-name frames as they use Essilor lenses (their parent company).
[OP]
Feb 4, 2007
707 posts
489 upvotes
Chonksplonket wrote: Link is dead and coupon code didn’t work for me on kits.ca
The coupon codes work on n their own brand of frames. I couldn't get it to work on London fogs.
Last edited by caniran on Aug 30th, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 2, 2016
689 posts
779 upvotes
Ordered a free pair of London Fog (pay only shipping) awhile back and they are as solid as the ones I saw and tried in the store. Actually identical.

Guess it may be hit or miss but I had a positive experience.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1156 posts
1651 upvotes
jumping into to say, insanely fast shipping (richmond, bc) and quality pair of glasses. The frame has taken a beating as well as the lenses. I'm still impressed the spring-loadedness feels premium.

GF and I both got sets with FREEKITS prior to them ever showing up on RFD. Daily drove (and even wearing right now) these glasses for 2 years almost. Can't complain for $10-15.

I do, however use my insurance for higher end frame/lenses. These initially were a backup pair, now became dailies.

/my2c
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2070 posts
2618 upvotes
CODE: FREEKITS

has to be "first" pair
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
682 upvotes
caniran wrote: The coupon codes work on n their own brand of frames. I couldn't get it to work on London fogs.
Oh. That’s a pretty big difference. I wouldn’t get excited about the house brand I don’t wear the free ones I got from them.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1058 posts
1023 upvotes
1337rice wrote: The quality is fine for what you pay for at 50% off. Can't comment on their plastic frames, but plastic/acetate has always got a bit of that low-budget, flimsy, "dollarama" feel...you're really just paying for the lens/coating.

I have a high index prescription (-6.00), their thin lenses don't really feel thin. So anyone with a bad prescription should be aware to not get large lenses or metal frames like I did Neutral Face
It is very front heavy and the adjustment can be bit of a pain. That being said...frames feel fine. It's like under $100 shipped so I can't complain.

IMO don't get any brand names (Ray Ban, etc.) on Kits. Stick with their in-house brands for a cheap pair. IMO I find their lenses being a bit on the cheaper side. Still functional, just not thin/light enough.

You're better off going to Clearly if you want brand-name frames as they use Essilor lenses (their parent company).
If one needs some throw-around glasses one doesn't care about, then online is the best way to go. If it's mission-critical like if your work depends on having clear vision, or you're legally blind without your glasses, I would recommend going to an optical store. Depending on your budget and if you have vision care insurance to help out, I do recommend Optiks International if you have one in your town. They have a hot deal where you can get the 2 for 1 deal for x amount off (generally $175 off, but ymmv) with a Groupon coupon you can buy for really cheap depending on if Groupon also has a sale. Best of all, you may be able to double-dip by getting cashback from Rakuten.ca as well since Groupon is a Rakuten.ca merchant. For me, it works out to be about $100 per pair of glasses with one of them a designer frame with pretty much all the features and creature comforts you need on a single prescription lens: anti-reflection; anti-scratch; oleophobic (anti-smudge); and even transitions (lenses that go dark when exposed to UV light with built-in blue light filter).

I also tend to prefer to shop for glasses in-person since I can visit them for adjustments and after-sale care. It is important that your measurements are correct for your prescription and proper focal points with good manufacturing tolerances so you have glasses that won't give you a wicked headache, but nowhere to turn to for help.

They may have free returns, but how painless is the returns process? At the end of the day, you do get what you paid for -- and service generally is very missing from the picture when shopping at the lowest price. Neutral Face
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2003 posts
2370 upvotes
I'm happy with my two out of three pairs. The one I'm not happy with is because the frame I chose slides down my nose and sits small on my face. Considering I paid less than $60 for all three, compared to at least $300 from literally any in-store shop, I'm way ahead.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11988 posts
108039 upvotes
Ontario
Their stock is 50% off too
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2973 posts
1803 upvotes
Barrie
Anyone have any alternative suggestions for cheap glasses? Kits.ca doesn't sell the lens my daughter needs.
Nov 21, 2018
404 posts
569 upvotes
Mission, BC
RunnerForDeals wrote: Anyone have any alternative suggestions for cheap glasses? Kits.ca doesn't sell the lens my daughter needs.
I've tried zenni, kits, eyebuydirect, and clearly. Clearly had the worst customer service, trying to get them to warranty glasses that started peeling was terrible. They said it was my fault that the plastic dip was coming off even though I've never had a pair do that ever. Zenni and Kits were the cheapest overall and great for everyday use. Eyebuydirect had the BEST warranty hands down, my prescription polarized sunglasses fell off my head when I leaned down and scratches the front. I emailed them asking to buy just replacement lenses and they sent me a free replacement pair.

Hopefully this helps!
Apr 15, 2018
448 posts
569 upvotes
Which online vendor sells the best eyeglasses..at best prices?