Hot Deals

[Kits.ca] FREE Pair of Eyeglasses - Just Pay $9.95 Shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 11:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2002
1455 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto

FREE Pair of Eyeglasses - Just Pay $9.95 Shipping!

Deal Link:
Price:
$9.95
Retailer:
Kits.ca
Get your first pair of KITS glasses free* or take $99 off any other pair.
- *Just pay $9.95 for the shipping.

USE CODE: FREEKITS at checkout
Last edited by Zero on Oct 17th, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====

Pizza Reviews
162 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4573 posts
3127 upvotes
Edmonton
These glasses will feel like $5-$10 glasses. In my university days I got free pairs (paid shipping around $5-10) from zenni, clearly and one other brand. My prescription is low and the cheap glasses worked fine. I would recommend them if you're on a budget or need something disposable. My biggest issue was finding big enough frames because my head quite large.

However, now that I have insurance I much prefer spending $150-$250 at Costco or on Ray-Ban from any of the retailers.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jul 6, 2010
411 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, OP. I finally got decent reading glasses with anti-reflective coating. $19.90 shipped.
i am upside down
Jan 22, 2020
16 posts
27 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: These glasses will feel like $5-$10 glasses. In my university days I got free pairs (paid shipping around $5-10) from zenni, clearly and one other brand. My prescription is low and the cheap glasses worked fine. I would recommend them if you're on a budget or need something disposable. My biggest issue was finding big enough frames because my head quite large.

However, now that I have insurance I much prefer spending $150-$250 at Costco or on Ray-Ban from any of the retailers.
No need to generalize.
I got 2 pairs from Clearly for $145-160 and they were uncomfortable to wear and not true to the size. It was also painful to wear those frames with on-the-ear headphones.
In July I got a free pair from Kits ("Ulysses" frame) and have been wearing it every day since. Not only they are very nice-looking and comfortable, but even the standard lenses with no additional coating are quality enough for everyday usage. So I would definitely recommend Kits, but not Zenny or Clearly.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2002
1455 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
I myself ordered a pair last Thursday. Should be getting it by Monday they said, then I will see how good they are. Never hurts to have an extra disposable set of glasses though.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====

Pizza Reviews
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2416 posts
1451 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Does this work for prescription Sunglasses too?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1245 posts
507 upvotes
I just want to be the first to say that these are not free. You are paying $9.95.
Apr 2, 2019
23 posts
27 upvotes
they sent me a wrong frame last time in sep. i ship back the frame after received in sep. till now, i received no replacement. thats a bad deal and causing people troubles.
Sep 9, 2016
246 posts
466 upvotes
Leask
I've gotten 2 "free" pairs from Kits (Just used a different email address, same payment method, name and shipping address) and they are both good so far. Shipping was fast.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4573 posts
3127 upvotes
Edmonton
Zeitaku wrote: No need to generalize.
I got 2 pairs from Clearly for $145-160 and they were uncomfortable to wear and not true to the size. It was also painful to wear those frames with on-the-ear headphones.
In July I got a free pair from Kits ("Ulysses" frame) and have been wearing it every day since. Not only they are very nice-looking and comfortable, but even the standard lenses with no additional coating are quality enough for everyday usage. So I would definitely recommend Kits, but not Zenny or Clearly.
I bought 8-10 pairs over five years from the three brands and made an educated guess based on my experience of glasses that cost under $20 each. I qualified it with why they didn't work for me due to size and still recommend them for people on a budget. I have no experience with Kits but I am perfectly happy to defend my generalization and apply it to Kits. My conclusions were more similar to yours then dissimilar.

You made a general statement about Zenny and Clearly because you spent $145-$160 and were unhappy due to comfort (subjective), but were happy with Kits because of looks (subjective) and comfort (subjective).

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1193 posts
2752 upvotes
Thanks op
Grabbed a backup pair for $10
I've had great success with sub$100 glasses from online vendors. Still rocking the polarized sunglasses from clearly for $45
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4573 posts
3127 upvotes
Edmonton
Here is a link to a previous RFD thread with some feedback from people who received their glasses: kits-com-free-glasses-kits-com-code-2364077/4/

Again, I do generally recommend these online glasses companies, as long as your expectation of quality is realistic. Even within the lineup of clearly and other brands as you move to wards $40, $60, $100 a pair the quality may go up.

I also know that a higher price does not always equal better quality. Earlier this year I spent $800 on Gucci prescription sunglasses and $600 on Tom Ford prescription glasses. They are both of lower quality (plastic, creaking, flex) than my two Ray-bans which costed around $250 each. I knew this when I bought them, but I wanted the specific style and brand name and insurance was paying for it. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by fatestkid on Oct 17th, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 9, 2019
318 posts
419 upvotes
Apparently their refund policy is non-existent for glasses and frames. They only offer exchanges or store credit, which is a shame. Can anyone comment on this? How's their customer service otherwise?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2002
1455 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
series1000 wrote: I just want to be the first to say that these are not free. You are paying $9.95.
It clearly says in the title just pay $9.95 Shipping.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====

Pizza Reviews
Nov 17, 2019
60 posts
96 upvotes
Got 2 pairs so far. I don't think I'll ever be able to pay 300$+ for glasses again. The prescription was spot on. The only thing I recommend is double checking the size of the frame.

Edit : They ship from BC, got my pairs within a couple of business days. I'm in Ontario.

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 10 guests)

HarryLe, 420peppapig69, tomatogunk, Vancouverite604, wmakayu